READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Opinions on Quadrobics?
neptunecat
Street Cat
Theriotype: Feline
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

RE: Opinions on Quadrobics?
Personally I can't help but feel awkward when I try to do it. I used to play and do it as a kid a lot but now I'll feel too embarrassed if anyone is around. Its fun when youre a kid but now unless it's guarenteed nobody will see me, I cannot feel fully natural. I think it can feel kind of forced at times and can be harmful in making people believe they are therian. You can have fun pretending to be an animal but that's all it is, just pretending. Not to mention I think a lot of kids will play pretend and trick themselves into thinking they're having a shift and are in denial about forcing it. You definitely can shift while doing things like that but there's just too many kids who all say the same thing for it all to be true.

★ From a sly cat to a roaring tiger ★
2022-10-26 3:36
Save
Give Thanks
Cuddie
Il cane italiano
Theriotype: Wolfdog
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
.$team..$team.

(2022-10-26 3:36)neptunecat Wrote:  Personally I can't help but feel awkward when I try to do it. I used to play and do it as a kid a lot but now I'll feel too embarrassed if anyone is around. Its fun when youre a kid but now unless it's guarenteed nobody will see me, I cannot feel fully natural. I think it can feel kind of forced at times and can be harmful in making people believe they are therian. You can have fun pretending to be an animal but that's all it is, just pretending. Not to mention I think a lot of kids will play pretend and trick themselves into thinking they're having a shift and are in denial about forcing it. You definitely can shift while doing things like that but there's just too many kids who all say the same thing for it all to be true.

I am embarrassed about doing it too. Usually is seems really like cringe. Also quadrobics aren't natural, I can see disproportions of human body, that's why I can often feel how am I far away from my theriotype. I really feel dysphoric about it. I don't want to do this.

“Happiness has to be fought for."
(This post was last modified: 2022-10-28 11:20 by Cuddie.)
2022-10-28 10:46
Save
Give Thanks
MayFox
Resident vixen
Theriotype: Red Fox
.$team.

I have to agree with cuddie here. It feels awkward doing it with people around. I also get embarrassed doing it.

I am May. I am autistic, so please be patient with me. Fox
2022-10-28 11:04
Save
Give Thanks
MayFox
Resident vixen
.$team.

It also is painful sometimes. I ran all the way across my house on quads, and it really hurt.

2022-10-28 14:01
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Theriotype: hellhound(cù sìth), lamprey, vamp, dragon hybrid
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

i used to do this alot until my back injury at 11 y.o., then i did like a crawl version of it so i dont damige the rest of my nerves
2022-10-28 16:20
Save
Give Thanks
MayFox
Resident vixen
.$team.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your back?

2022-10-28 16:42
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Theriotype: hellhound(cù sìth), lamprey, vamp, dragon hybrid
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

(2022-10-28 16:42)NovaFox Wrote:  If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your back?

my cousin got mad at me for who and what i am and threw a concreat chunk at my back. it damaged a disc in the lumbar part of my back that likes to move around all the time, and gave me minor nerve damage in my legs, and the nerves that lead to the urinary track. i was going to join wrestling, but i was worned aginst it because it has a chance of paralizeing me. but isnt everything a chance like a car hit and running something?? it causes me a lot of pain, and i tried loseing wate to help it, but it made the pain and my balence worse. its sad Sad

2022-10-28 17:24
Save
Give Thanks
MayFox
Resident vixen
.$team.

(2022-10-28 17:24)limearey Wrote:  

(2022-10-28 16:42)NovaFox Wrote:  If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your back?

my cousin got mad at me for who and what i am and threw a concreat chunk at my back. it damaged a disc in the lumbar part of my back that likes to move around all the time, and gave me minor nerve damage in my legs, and the nerves that lead to the urinary track. i was going to join wrestling, but i was worned aginst it because it has a chance of paralizeing me. but isnt everything a chance like a car hit and running something?? it causes me a lot of pain, and i tried loseing wate to help it, but it made the pain and my balence worse. its sad Sad

Im sorry to hear that happened to you.

2022-10-28 17:30
Save
Give Thanks
LittleLionMan
Fly me to the moon
Theriotype: Silver Lion
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

I think it’s pretty cool. I’ve tried before and it’s definitely a whole workout (and I say this as someone who exercises often), which makes it even more impressive when I see kids do quads seemingly effortlessly. The tik tok quadrobics culture is a tad annoying but hey, as long as these kids don’t actively spread misinfo, they can do whatever makes them happy.

"My hair is like my life, I try to make it beautiful but it always ends up being a mess"
2023-01-17 14:19
Save
Give Thanks
Mystic
Therian Interviewer
Theriotype: Gray Wolf
.$team.

(2023-01-17 14:19)LittleLionMan Wrote:  I think it’s pretty cool. I’ve tried before and it’s definitely a whole workout (and I say this as someone who exercises often), which makes it even more impressive when I see kids do quads seemingly effortlessly. The tik tok quadrobics culture is a tad annoying but hey, as long as these kids don’t actively spread misinfo, they can do whatever makes them happy.

In my opinion quads are fun. Certain areas in your body works all at once so to me I don't gotta worry about working out little by little when I can get it over with lol. Its also my favorite sport. I just think it's annoying when SOME videos give out the wrong info.

If anyone is going to do quads remember to stretch correctly before doing so to avoid injuries.

Pronouns: They/Them ♡ Nickname Friendly.

Don't lower your expectations to fit into the world. You were born to stand out.

-Anonymous
(This post was last modified: 2023-01-17 20:13 by Mystic.)
2023-01-17 20:12
Save
Give Thanks