READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Opinions on Quadrobics?
Tusk
Away
Starward Stardust
Theriotype: -
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: Opinions on Quadrobics?
I'm not well-versed on the idea of quadrobics. This was not a term I ever heard when I was last active in the community nearly ten years ago. I have not researched the topic at all. I'll admit that some of the videos I have heard about on various platforms, like TikTok, sound cringey, but I haven't actually seen the clips. I try to take a "live and let live" stance on most things; this is the same. Do what makes you happy, as long as you don't hurt anyone (including yourself!) in the process.

When I was growing up, I did like to run around on all fours a lot. We even did it in gym class at school sometimes as exercise; they called it "bear crawl drills." It was fun. I fancied myself one of the fastest "bear crawlers" in my class. That said, there is no way my body would take that now. The last time I tried to run on all fours, my wrists immediately screamed for me to stop. As many have mentioned here, though, I do still go up the stairs on all fours in my own home.
2022-04-27 17:48
Save
Give Thanks
-SERVALCAT-
Away
Copy cat
Theriotype: Red fox, and African serval
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
.$team..$team..$team.

i think it's fun and a great way to connect with my theriotype!

Chirp!
2022-04-27 18:05
Save
Give Thanks
OrdinaryDragon
Pup
Theriotype: Dragonkin, Wolf, Maine Coon, Polymorph
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

Personally I believe that while quadrobics is a nice excersize and all, it's a little bit overrated.
I don't blame the younger quadrobicsts and therians for getting the two confused and mixed up, although it can get very tiring. A lot of these people WANT to be therians; so they will try to find information on why "quadrobics makes you a therian" etc, children are spreading misinformation. This is just what I have seen, though.
-As well as the misinformation, the quadrobics trend has made many people find out about our therianthrophic experiences, and as many people are there educating them, in return a select few have found out about their therianthropy as well.
----
-Personally I really like quadrobics, but I think it's a bit overrated in the therian community. Just my opinions though, I still do occasionally and it's a great sport to do-!
2022-10-23 20:27
Save
Give Thanks
-SERVALCAT-
Away
Copy cat
Theriotype: Red fox, and African serval
.$team..$team..$team.

I find it fun, but I don't like the whole "Quads make you a therian" thing that's been going on. I also don't feel any need to post any videos of me doing it, it's sort of a weird thing to become a trend XP

Chirp!
2022-10-24 13:47
Save
Give Thanks
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
.$team.

I don't understand how quadrobics got associated with therianthropy -- it wasn't historically part of it and only seems to have arisen in the last decade or so. On TikTok it appears to be the primary aspect of the community there, which is quite baffling to me.

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
2022-10-24 15:35
Save
Give Thanks
ZephyrStone
Self-proclaimed goofy goober
Theriotype: Piebald Japanese Red Fox, Harbor Seal
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick tick 

I think it's a lot of fun, and I can see why some people doing quadrobics would want to post videos of them doing it. It feels good to share your skills online, but I do not like the amount of misinformation that comes with it. I've been keeping an eye on therian tik tok lately, to see if it's improving, and I think it has. Where it used to be 80% of what was on there, now it's only like 30%. These aren't real numbers just estimates, but I think it's improved a lot. Some of the stuff on there is kind of cringey, and misinformative, but that's only a little bit. Basically, I see where the little kids are coming from, just, they should do more research before calling themselves therians.

He/It
Pro-everything, live and let live
If you need a non-judgmental listener, I'm here. If you're afraid of me disliking you for something, trust. I'm a lot more accepting than I look.
https://en.pronouns.page/@ZephyrStone
2022-10-24 16:22
Save
Give Thanks
VultureScale
Pup
Theriotype: Deinonychosaur, Iguanodontian, Ceratopsian
Contribution: tick tick 

I really like quadrobics! It's a way for me to keep all my limbs fit and stay entertained at the same time because i'm connecting to my (unlabeled) theriotype. Although i dislike how they are often portrayed as a very important part of therianthropy, or how many people brush off the fact it's a sport and don't appreciate the amount of strength you need to pull it off.

"Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster."

Hey i'm Vulture (:
Any pronouns - Minor - Autistic
(This post was last modified: 2022-10-24 16:36 by VultureScale.)
2022-10-24 16:33
Save
Give Thanks
WolfThing
Sirius A1 - α Canis Majoris
Theriotype: Wolf Man (Cosmos+Wolf+Man)
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 

I think it's fun. Naturally did it as a form of play when I was a kid. It came naturally to me, but don't think it is really a therian thing because it's just an off shoot of a form of calisthenics that has already existed for a while in the fitness community. There is a system in particular I recall being around called "Primal Vibes" or something similar and it was a whole program about maneuvering on the ground on all fours with very slow and isotonic motions. It was a fun workout.

I am Wolf Man.
Neither Therian Nor Otherkin. I am simply Being.

Forest Craftsman & Sappy Husbando[Image: 2024-04-04-00-05-12-378-0500.jpg]
2022-10-24 16:55
Save
Give Thanks
elicat
Therian Guide Staff
anam fallain
Theriotype: Cat
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick 
.$team.

(2022-10-24 16:55)WolfThing Wrote:  It came naturally to me, but don't think it is really a therian thing because it's just an off shoot of a form of calisthenics that has already existed for a while in the fitness community. There is a system in particular I recall being around called "Primal Vibes" or something similar and it was a whole program about maneuvering on the ground on all fours with very slow and isotonic motions. It was a fun workout.

I know of a similar style workout called Animal Flow. Was that it?

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]

cat | 42 | writer & published author | scuba diver | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFJ | eclectic Wiccan witch
2022-10-24 18:52
Save
Give Thanks
WolfThing
Sirius A1 - α Canis Majoris
Theriotype: Wolf Man (Cosmos+Wolf+Man)
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2022-10-24 18:52)elinox Wrote:  

(2022-10-24 16:55)WolfThing Wrote:  It came naturally to me, but don't think it is really a therian thing because it's just an off shoot of a form of calisthenics that has already existed for a while in the fitness community. There is a system in particular I recall being around called "Primal Vibes" or something similar and it was a whole program about maneuvering on the ground on all fours with very slow and isotonic motions. It was a fun workout.

I know of a similar style workout called Animal Flow. Was that it?

Yeah! That's the one, I could not think of it. So many workouts I've tried have primal, beast, or animal in the name lol. Wouldn't mind trying animal flow some out again.

I am Wolf Man.
Neither Therian Nor Otherkin. I am simply Being.

Forest Craftsman & Sappy Husbando[Image: 2024-04-04-00-05-12-378-0500.jpg]
2022-10-25 1:58
Save
Give Thanks