READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

New TG Teams and Staff Rework!
Werewulfra
Therian Guide Staff
Void
Theriotype: NULL
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

New TG Teams and Staff Rework!
As many of you have probably seen by now, TG's staff has recently been overhauled to add several new members (myself included). We've been settling in quite well all things considered, but we've been very busy at work with new developments. Part of these developments is an overhaul to the staff teams system—and a very exciting one at that!

This overhaul, of course, comes with new teams for the participating staff, but it also include tweaks to the existing teams as well. For ease of access, I'll list all the teams and what they stand for here.

All of the pretty colors and banners in one place!

@AgitatedSneaker's Agi's Taters: Agi is a positive, loyal, goofy woofer who legitimately cares how your day is! He may take a bit of warming up to, but he engages in meaningful conversations and forms very close connections with those he trusts. If you want to try and earn a close friend, or just have someone that will listen and try to lift your day, consider joining this group of taters!

[Image: AgiBanner2.png]

@BearX's Camp X: Summer camp for the gifted. BearX is known for his relaxed and open-minded approach to life. He's been a part of the Therian community longer than most of us and has returned to share his wisdom. Though as a bear therian, he is solitary by nature, his team will nevertheless be a sanctuary for those to whom who find this way of thinking comfortable or appealing. If you just need reasonable and open-minded people to talk to, this may be the team for you.

[Image: camp-x.png]

@DustWolf's Dusty's Pack: He may be a little distant at times, but you know that at heart he really cares about all of you. He is loyal to a fault and is willing to work hard to protect his own. Let his stars speak for themselves—he's been here for you for years. He doesn't believe in good and evil, but rather that every person chooses their own truth and should fight for it: May the best philosophy win. In his team, he'll be there for you, he'll run alongside you, and he'll fight for you, even if society thinks you're wrong. Will you run with him?

[Image: dustys-pack.png]

@elinox's Eli's Tribe: Elinox is a spiritual therian and otherkin. She is a fun-loving and common-sense person. When we fight, she brings our community together. Though Elinox dislikes Discord, by joining her tribe you get access to a quiet spot on the forums where it's okay to talk about the spirtual practices you've become used to and share knowledge about how to use them—in a calm atmosphere free of conflict.

[Image: elis-tribe.png]

@Zefer Nezumi's Team Stripe: Zefer is the fun, energetic, spiritual tiger we all know who believes in the power of goof and derp, and who truly wishes to help the Therian community. You may have heard his thoughtful podcasts or just had a good laugh with his puns, but you know what he stands for is good. If you want to stand with him, join his team, have a blast, get in touch with your spiritual side, and help make a better tomorrow for all therians.

[Image: stripe.png]

@Tornir's Tornir's Tree: What is it with big cats and derpiness? Tornir is a goofy-yet-kind leopard therian who's always willing to help out with things. Her tree is a place to hang out (and hopefully not fall out) while plotting to take over the world... which we can then stick giant googly eyes on! Hopefully... this will discourage AlphaLex from eating it. If you want to help out derp the folks of Team Stripe, join her in the tree.

[Image: Tornirs_Tree.png]

@Werewulfra's Wulfra's Collective: Though her nature is as elusive as a cryptid, she still finds her place within the therian/otherkin community and wishes to see it blossom into the future. She may come across as distant and scary at first, but once you get to know her you'll see there's a jovial someone who cherishes those close to her like a dragon does its hoard. She promotes growing your personal strength, delving into the depths to find yourself, and embracing who you truly are. If you're willing to venture into the unknown, join the collective, she'd be happy to have you....

[Image: collective.png]

@vrydi's Foxies Spirit Den: a mysterious place far away from Earth. A place where no mortal can come and where mortal problems fade away and only positive elements remain. Humans are still trying to find their way into this oasis but have yet to suceed. Vrydi, the gatekeeper to this place, welcomes you. But beware, with greatness comes great responsibility. And don't forget to feed her ... with positivity ✨️

[Image: spirits.png]

Staff Identification

We've done a lot of tweaking to get all the colors in place, but the results are more colorful than ever! Following this theme of colorfulness, we've changed how TG Staff are identified. On both here and the Discord, TG Staff now represent their own team color... TEAM PRIDE!

To still keep it easy to identify the impurrtent purrsonnel, TG Staff on the form will have an Underlined name. Nothing else uses the underline, so it will be immediately apparent who is who! As for the discord, TG Staff will be represented by a badge next to their name.

Joining Teams

As a reminder, or for those who haven't seen the original TG Teams Announcement Post, joining teams is easy! All you have to do is ask the Staff member, either by PM on the forums or in the Discord. There's no limit on the amount of teams you can be in if you have multiple favorite Staffers.

Once you've joined a team, you'll get access to their subform on the site, access to their special text chat on the discord, their banner under your forum profile, and you'll get to rep their color yourself!
On the Discord, the color choice is automatic—the team you have with the lowest member population will take priority in order to give the smaller teams more representation (although certain roles like pup, youngster, and others will override any team colors—this is not a glitch).
On the forums, the color choice is decided by you. All you have to do is go to your User Control Panel's Display Group page, then select whichever team you'd like to represent.

Thank you for bearing with us through all these tweaks and updates we've had to do.

We hope you'll enjoy the new, more colorful TG!
(This post was last modified: 2023-12-07 13:25 by vrydi.)
2022-09-28 20:42
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Supportive human :>
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

RE: New TG Teams and Staff Rework!
I'm just hoping to add my opinion here- I don't like the change with the usernames. Having the collective blue showed the staff as a team and a group. The hue matched the forum colours and layout and felt coherent with the overall colour scheme of the site. The underlined names feel bold and superior, which I don't like. And some of the colours feel harsh and out of place. The differing colours make it seem all higgledy piggledy and preferred what it was like before.

[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2022-09-29 9:18
Save
Give Thanks
Zefer Nezumi
Therian Guide Staff
Punslinger
Theriotype: Siberian Tiger
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

(2022-09-29 9:18)Bubbles Wrote:  I'm just hoping to add my opinion here- I don't like the change with the usernames. Having the collective blue showed the staff as a team and a group. The hue matched the forum colours and layout and felt coherent with the overall colour scheme of the site. The underlined names feel bold and superior, which I don't like. And some of the colours feel harsh and out of place. The differing colours make it seem all higgledy piggledy and preferred what it was like before.

We can take this feedback into consideration. Some staff colors are still being nudged, so if you have a suggestion for a specific team, please nudge its team leader with specific feedback as to why the color seems harsh (also also, whether you use dark mode or light mode).

For some staffers, we're looking into alternate shades for the two modes so users of both can see things clearly.

We also realize the removal of a uniform staff color may seem jarring but, along with being members of the staff team, people seem to forget that we are also individuals with different personalities and goals or don't want to feel as separated from forum members as we sometimes feel.

We're looking into other ways to make staff team members stand out quickly for those who need one, such as the new staff role description under our names in posts.

The new team colors, in general, would have happened anyway (staff members have had teams in the past, and with five new teams comes five potentially new colors).

Having our names in our team colors and having the oppurrtunity to purrsonalize those colors are steps in helping keep things fun for staff members, too!

- ZN

The Punk Pun-Therian

PFP by Robin ^^ (Click here for the original!)
2022-09-29 15:30
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Supportive human :>
Experience: Human
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2022-09-29 15:30)Zefer Nezumi Wrote:  

(2022-09-29 9:18)Bubbles Wrote:  I'm just hoping to add my opinion here- I don't like the change with the usernames. Having the collective blue showed the staff as a team and a group. The hue matched the forum colours and layout and felt coherent with the overall colour scheme of the site. The underlined names feel bold and superior, which I don't like. And some of the colours feel harsh and out of place. The differing colours make it seem all higgledy piggledy and preferred what it was like before.

We can take this feedback into consideration. Some staff colors are still being nudged, so if you have a suggestion for a specific team, please nudge its team leader with specific feedback as to why the color seems harsh (also also, whether you use dark mode or light mode).

For some staffers, we're looking into alternate shades for the two modes so users of both can see things clearly.

We also realize the removal of a uniform staff color may seem jarring but, along with being members of the staff team, people seem to forget that we are also individuals with different personalities and goals or don't want to feel as separated from forum members as we sometimes feel.

We're looking into other ways to make staff team members stand out quickly for those who need one, such as the new staff role description under our names in posts.

The new team colors, in general, would have happened anyway (staff members have had teams in the past, and with five new teams comes five potentially new colors).

Having our names in our team colors and having the oppurrtunity to purrsonalize those colors are steps in helping keep things fun for staff members, too!

- ZN

Actually to be fair, I don't think it looks bad. After seeing it in the previous format for m=nearly two years I just need some time to adjust, lol. I'm warming up to it. Smile

[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2022-09-29 20:04
Save
Give Thanks
Weagle
Garg
Theriotype: Wolf eagle dragon
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

I agree with Bubbles! The original was my favorite.

Female-Wolf-eagle-Minor

The wolf is wise, the eagle is brave, and the dragon is large. What does that make me? A large, wise, brave lump of dysphoria.- Weagle
2022-11-02 2:07
Save
Give Thanks
JAX
Away
Pup
Theriotype: polytherian and jax fictionkin
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

dustwolf can I join your team?

"Be carefulwho you trust Sargent, even the people you love the most can hurt you" -Ghost CoD
2023-01-29 20:58
Save
Give Thanks
Zefer Nezumi
Therian Guide Staff
Punslinger
Theriotype: Siberian Tiger
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

Howldy, critters! Please message a staff member directly if you're interested in joining their team (the requests might get missed if you make the reply here, in Announcements).

Thanks!

- ZN

The Punk Pun-Therian

PFP by Robin ^^ (Click here for the original!)
2023-02-22 14:11
Save
Give Thanks