READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Opinions on Quadrobics?
-CR4ZY.C4T-
Pup
Theriotype: Siamese Cat, Bunny, Dragon? griffin?
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 

RE: Opinions on Quadrobics?
I love quadrobics but- I hate how often they are associated with therian and furries. Now although quads are common among them, quadrobics is a sport. Being a therian is an identity, and if you do quads that doesn't mean you're a therian. It's like saying if a lot of therians enjoyed swimming or got shifts while swimming, then swimming is related to therians. It just doesn't make sense to me. Quadrobics is a difficult sport, me and my non-therian friends did it together once on a trampoline (That was rlly fun) and once my P.E class made us run on all fours (Not professional quads obviously, but still kind of a form of it)

anyway my point is, therians and quadrobics aren't related and if you enjoy quads, that doesn't mean you're a therian.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。 * Hi I'm Ally 。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。 *
(っ◔◡◔)っ She/They/It (Demigirl)
Bye ♥
2024-06-20 20:54
Save
Give Thanks
Bloeien
Pup
Theriotype: Vancouver Coastal Sea wolf+ Wolf heart
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team.

I agree that quadrobics is often associated with furry etc... But as a sport in its own right, I love it. I don't do it often but occasionally go into the woods for a jump. It feels amazing and I love doing quadrobics but unfortunately our bodies are not anatomically built for it.

If we cut off the wings of a bird, it stops flying. But it never forgets that it was flying.
2024-06-21 8:17
Save
Give Thanks
Syr
The Laughing Stripes
Theriotype: Multiple
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:
.$team.

I think quadrobics is a good way to let yourself feel connected to your theriotype.

Well, not every Therian has to "run on all fours" to feel a connection, they're free to do whatever they want !

But it can also be a struggle when facing disability or breathing difficulties. Some Therians might feel sad because they aren't able to do so because of that.

It can also be tricky depending on what surface or environment you're doing quadrobics on, for example near forests there often are some paths with rocks. I recommend using gloves so that you don't get anything stuck in your hands' skin !

I am who I am and I have the need to be.
2024-08-13 9:09
Save
Give Thanks