READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Opinions on Quadrobics?
Aspen on Pawrs
Pup
Theriotype: Red Fox, Dragon
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 

RE: Opinions on Quadrobics?
Personally I enjoy quads, and I think for me it’s my main form of exercise! Laugh

Aspen
She/Her
Theriotypes: Red Fox & Dragon
:ff2:
Have Fun, Be Safe
STAY WILD

Mother: @Stars on pawrs
2024-03-12 12:01
Save
Give Thanks
CloverCoder987
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic Cat
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

(2024-03-12 12:01)AspenInTheWoods Wrote:  Personally I enjoy quads, and I think for me it’s my main form of exercise! Laugh

Me too, hehe :3 what's your favorite part of quads? like, running, jumping, walking, etc?

➣ Clover ✧˖°
2024-03-12 13:56
Save
Give Thanks
Aspen on Pawrs
Pup
Theriotype: Red Fox, Dragon

Ooh I love running and jumping! I find myself running down the hall when I’m really exited. Smile

What about you?

Aspen
She/Her
Theriotypes: Red Fox & Dragon
Have Fun, Be Safe
STAY WILD

Mother: @Stars on pawrs
(This post was last modified: 2024-03-12 20:18 by Aspen on Pawrs.)
2024-03-12 20:18
Save
Give Thanks
S. Onyx
Pup
Theriotype: Check Bio
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

I'm all for quads as a fun sport. I do it myself!

And she was always cold toward bats, too, and could not bear them; and yet I think a bat is as friendly a bird as there is
- Mark Twain

Any pronouns (including neo) except she/her
Feel free to PM, PS, or ping me anytime!
2024-03-13 1:11
Save
Give Thanks
FernFox
Fox amongst the Ferns
Theriotype: Fox
Experience: Therian
.$team..$team.

I think it's somewhat telling that the vast majority of those who are strongly in favour of quads are under 18.

On its own, quadrobics are fine. It's a form of exercise. But it rubs me the wrong way when quads are connected to therianthropy as it feels performative.

Therian influencers have made it the trendy, consumable, 'tasteful' way to express your therianthropy online and in public-- and for that reason I really don't like it. Every day at least one pup in the shoutbox will talk about how they're going off to do quads, have hurt themselves doing quads, or something similar; it's almost like they feel obligated to bring focus to this specific form of exercise because it's been so associated with therianthropy. Which in turn, makes it seem more performative than genuine.

As a disclaimer, I'm not knocking anyone who genuinely enjoys it or finds it fun/helpful or whatever. Do what makes you happy, live your truth! But the fact that quads have become such a big thing -- a big talking point -- and something so intertwined with the public perception of therianthropy, is the reason I don't like or promote them.

[Image: HLENyYQ.png]
Art Thread | Journal
2024-03-13 7:18
Save
Give Thanks
elicat
Therian Guide Staff
anam fallain
Theriotype: Cat
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick 
.$team.

(2024-03-13 7:18)FernFox Wrote:  I think it's somewhat telling that the vast majority of those who are strongly in favour of quads are under 18.

On its own, quadrobics are fine. It's a form of exercise. But it rubs me the wrong way when quads are connected to therianthropy as it feels performative.

I was actually just thinking about the age of most quadrobics people and also noticed it tends to be from younger and newer therians. Although I think it's even younger with most people doing it being under 16.

I agree with you: quadrobics is fine and can be a good and healthy form of exercise. However, it's not the main determining factor when trying to figure out if you're a therian or not.

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]

cat | 42 | writer & published author | scuba diver | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFJ | eclectic Wiccan witch
2024-03-13 21:57
Save
Give Thanks
AvisTheDutchie
♡Moss Entity♡
Theriotype: Golden Retriever, Dutch Angel Dragon, Silver Fox
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-03-13 21:57)elicat Wrote:  

(2024-03-13 7:18)FernFox Wrote:  I think it's somewhat telling that the vast majority of those who are strongly in favour of quads are under 18.

I was actually just thinking about the age of most quadrobics people and also noticed it tends to be from younger and newer therians. Although I think it's even younger with most people doing it being under 16.

I agree with you: quadrobics is fine and can be a good and healthy form of exercise. However, it's not the main determining factor when trying to figure out if you're a therian or not.

I also agree with this, I am a quadrobist but I don't feel that it relates to !y therianthropy, rather being a furry. I do believe there is ONE tik toker who is an adult doing quads, but that's it.

2024-03-14 0:07
Save
Give Thanks
CrystalAvian
✦ Creature of many Kinds! ✦
Theriotype: Eusrasian/Coastal wolf, Ikran, Piebald raven

I do enjoy doing Quadrobics, but i enjoy it the same way that i enjoy other types of exercise that i do to express my therianthropy - Such as climbing, walking and running, for example. There's nothing that sets quadrobics apart from the other forms of exercise anyone can do imo Hello

- Apollo

•·✦º✦·» Are you ready to have the next two minutes of your life completely wasted by ME?? :] «·✦º✦·•

Current Kintypes: Eurasian wolf, Coastal wolf, Piebald raven, Ikran, Dragon Cladotherian
2024-03-14 11:00
Save
Give Thanks
+*Robin*+
Pup
Theriotype: Snow leopard, Dragon,Whale shark [Owl-Hearted]
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

I suppose my opinion is like most but I wanna yap about this so bear with me XD

I do quadrobics, but I don't do it as a form of self-expression or to "feel closer to my theriotypes" It's rather dysphoric for me if I were to do it like that because obviously the human body isn't built to run on all fours, it's uncomfortable to pretend to do it as if I were an animal if you get what I mean.

BUT I do practice it out of pure fun, I used to do it as a kid not knowing what it really was (kind of confusing, but this past experience does correlate to therianthropy, I suppose it's because I had no other way to "show" that didn't feel fully human since I had no idea what was happening and stuff lol) which gave me a kind of advantage when I did realize that quads existed and when I started to practice it, it's a good exercise after all and its silly too :3

Posting quadrobics on social media isn't necessarily wrong and I'm thinking of doing it too, even if it is a little cringe lol, but the main problem is that people think that quadrobics (and masks but not the main thing) automatically
makes you a therian or that you have to do it to be a "proper" therian, which is obviously not the case, and no matter how many videos we can make trying to explain this to people (or even trying to teach haters) we will never be able to fully reach this out to everyone.

(okay don't get me wrong tho but its def be fun to do quads at a trampoline park, just to make the 9 yr skibidi toilet kids mad XD)

feel free to add anything Big Grin

Lots of fandoms! ask if ya wanna know! |skiing|drawing|books|gay|It/them/she/he|snow leopard, Dragonkin,Whale shark, and Owl-hearted|

my children are @SylverTheSnowLeopard , @Bullett_Therian, @TheRealSquiddo and @BagelJuice on Pawrs Bone
(This post was last modified: 2024-03-16 0:33 by +*Robin*+.)
2024-03-16 0:28
Save
Give Thanks
SunnyDelta_On_Pawrs
Pup
Theriotype: Sea Otter, Timber Wolf, Margay, Moth Flight
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

Interesting. Have I replied before?

For me, quadrobics is a sport in which one would run, jump, walk, or do some movement on all fours; meaning one's hands and feet. This differs for each person and what they're capable of. Not all quadrobists are therians or furries. (Correct me if I'm wrong on anything here.)

Now that my idea of the main concept is over with-

Quads is a fun sport that I'd do on a regular basis if given the time. Of course, not everyone in my household knows I'm a therian/quadrobist, therefore would think I'm some psycho for running around on all fours. This is the case for a lot of people, not all though.

Posting videos of doing quads is very dangerous in the sense that you'd receive lots of hate and/or death threats. Obviously I can't control anyone else's actions, but I advise not to do so. It immediately is connected to therianthropy, which pisses me off but hey; I can't do anything.

I do enjoy doing quads during my free time however. Expressing therianthropy though quads is nice, but don't do it in public.

The main gist of it all is, quads is a sport one can partake in. Doing quads is for any abled body. Posting about doing quads can be dangerous for one's mental health. Publicizing the truth about how quadrobic aren't immediately connect to therians can be good for the community overall, but it is also dangerous to do so.

Please please please don't take any of this the wrong way. I speak from the information I've known and my own experiences. I ask that you correct me, but do it kindly. Thank you.

Pawrs against Paws! Join the rebellion (just don't get caught by Tornir)!

Caretakers: @KoCaF_on_Pawrs (Open slots- 4)

Names: Charlie, Lake, Asher
2024-03-16 19:07
Save
Give Thanks