READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,714
» Latest member: Crowcorpsex
» Forum threads: 10,060
» Forum posts: 172,320

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Serious Therianthropy Dis...
Last Post: Citrakayah
2020-03-29 21:11
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
New Therian talk: Therian...
Last Post: DustWolf
2020-03-15 0:35
» Replies: 0
» Views: 931
Correct usage of "I ident...
Last Post: Nihil
2020-03-14 6:40
» Replies: 19
» Views: 1706
Domestication is not an a...
Last Post: Wisteria Equidae
2020-02-27 16:50
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
Serious Therianthropy Dis...
Last Post: Michen_S
2020-02-20 13:49
» Replies: 1
» Views: 162

Donate To Us!

Donations will be used for the benefit of the Therian Guide community.

New Therian talk: Therianthropy in the media
Posted by: DustWolf - 2020-03-15 0:35 - No Replies

Hey guys,

Here's something to take your mind off of the recent pandemic drama: A new Therian Talk!

Episode #8 of the Therian Talk series. We discuss Therianthropy in the media, as one of the recent debates that we had on the forums, we decided to make a little episode about it.

Please forgive the blunders we made in the episode (Click to View)

Though if you have any feedback, we're always happy for that. Smile

Hosts: @Zefer Nezumi and @DustWolf
Editor: @coffeebear
Music: @Baumarius (Syamori)

Links Discussed in the Episode (Click to View)

LP,
Dusty

Print this item Send this item to a friend

Support TG!
Posted by: DustWolf - 2020-02-15 18:15 - No Replies

Hey all,

Are you liking Therian Guide? Smile

Do you think what we do here is good? Want to help Therian Guide continue to be?

I would invite you to consider getting a TG support token:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/newpoin...70#content

The TG support token is a unique points store item (just 14 of them left!) you can add to your user profile to show your support.

Getting the token won't cost you any money, but it counts as your vote to route some of the money from the TG budget to help pay TG's hosting fee to keep it running.

Once all tokens are sold out, we are good for another year. Smile

If not, well I understand times are tough and I'll cover the rest to keep TG around.

P.S.: Donations are good too, they will go towards TG's budget and will make the TG support token cost fewer points.

LP,
Dusty

New fields: Psychological and Spiritual connection
Posted by: DustWolf - 2020-02-01 10:35 - Replies (10)

Hey guys,

In anticipation for a major new feature here on TG, we've been reworking the postbit, that is the user profile thingy that you see hanging next to posts in a thread, like mine here on the left.

We've cleaned it up a bit and removed several fields which don't really tell you anything you absolutely need to know (most of which were not visible on mobile anyway). Don't worry, the fields are not gone, if you click on a username you can still see all of them.

We've also added two new profile fields: Psychological connection and Spiritual connection.

This might be viewed as slightly controversial since the separation of therianthropy into spiritual and psychological is something we came up with here on Therian Guide. So I thought I'd try to explain it a little.

• Experiencing a psychological connection to your theriotype is like the usual way you experience therianthropy: When you have phantom shifts, mental shifts, an animal mindset. All of these things are psychology, basically whatever about your behaviour that is kinda animal.
  • Experiencing a spiritual connection to your theriotype on the other paw, is like if you believe in reincarnation and you think you were an animal in your previous lifetime, if you experience a spiritual connection to an animal, etc.

I think that most people here experience both, the psychological connection being the reason you are here and the spiritual connection being something you are somewhat interested in. I wanted to explicitly point out that setting both to "Yes" this is perfectly fine as an option.

I would therefore invite you to visit your user profiles, set up these options according to how you experience therianthropy and using the save button at the bottom of the page.

Please note that presently, if both are set to No or are not selected, the field "Connection:" does not show up in your postbit next to your posts.

Regarding the gender field. If anyone is upset that it is no longer prominently displayed, we will be adding shop icons to fix that, eventually.

LP,
Dusty

Thank Yous from Wolf Sanctuary of PA!
Posted by: elinox - 2020-01-28 16:15 - Replies (3)

We have gotten several thank you letters for our donations from the staff at Wolf Sanctuary of PA! Howl & Wink

June 29, 2018
We donated $17.65 on 6/7/2018

August 10, 2018
We donated $17.00 on 8/3/2018

September 14, 2018
We donated $16.70 on 8/7/2018
We also donated $17.00 on 8/24/2018

March 6, 2019
We donated $17.00 on 1/31/2019

January 27, 2020
We donated $16.66 on 1/19/2020

Here is what each letter said:

Quote:Dear Therian Guide Community:
On behalf of Wolf Sanctuary of PA, thank you for your generosity! Your donations enable us to continue to offer a forever home to wolves and wolf-hybrids.

It is only through your thoughtful contributions that we are able to continue to grow and offer our help to these mysterious and misunderstood animals. Thank you for helping to make that possible! As you know, the costs involved with the Wolf Sanctuary do not go away. We hope for your continued support in the coming year. Thank you for all of your help!

Sincerely,

Courtney Koval
Wolf Sanctuary of PA

Thank YOU for all of your generosity! TG members are awesome! Heart

Happy 2020 and TG ambassadors
Posted by: DustWolf - 2020-01-01 8:58 - Replies (4)

Hey guys,

Heart Panting Heart Happy 2020!!! Heart Panting Heart

It goes without saying, but I wish you all lots of happiness and good health in the coming year.

With the new year we are doing some changes around TG. Smile Many are still in progress but this one I can tell you about. We've decided to discontinue Special members and are replacing it with Ambassadors.

TG's ambassadors don't have to do anything special, but it our little way of acknowledging and thanking them for their efforts in these various places. As usual you will see ambassador status is only awarded where well deserved. Wink

TG ambassadors are green just like Special members used to be and you can see what they are ambassadors for, by clicking on their usernames and viewing their user profiles.

Any questions or comments please let us know. Smile

LP,
Dusty