READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,401
» Latest member: FallingCloud
» Forum threads: 14,070
» Forum posts: 214,619

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 8 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 6 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Is quadrobics good or bad...
Last Post: Cordyceps Canine
2022-08-05 1:10
» Replies: 4
» Views: 298
Album Giveaway Contest, P...
Last Post: Zefer Nezumi
2022-07-27 15:56
» Replies: 0
» Views: 143
Are you a wolf therian?
Last Post: DustWolf
2022-06-29 10:28
» Replies: 0
» Views: 181
Should you tell your mom/...
Last Post: Cuddie
2022-06-27 11:04
» Replies: 1
» Views: 213
Any questions?
Last Post: CrocutaAbIntra
2022-06-21 8:42
» Replies: 21
» Views: 1517

Donate To Us!

Donations will be used for the benefit of the Therian Guide community.

Album Giveaway Contest, Podcast Polls and More!
Posted by: Zefer Nezumi - 2022-07-27 15:56 - No Replies

Howldy, folks!

This announcement is for a few upcoming community things, so read on if that's your thing! Spoilers are used to help prevent big wall of text.

-------------

COMMUNITY MEMBER MUSIC ALBUM RELEASE AND PROMOTIONAL GIVEAWAY (Click to View)

------------

SERIOUS THERIANTHROPY DISCUSSION CHATS - FYI! (Click to View)

-------------

WEREAREWE PODCAST POLL AND FUTURE DISCUSSION ON ROLEPLAYING IN THE THERIAN COMMUNITY! (Click to View)

-------------

TG TEAMS REMINDERS! (Click to View)

-------------

AWOO FINES LIFTED FOR HOWL PURRTICIPANTS! (Click to View)

-------------

As always, feel free to reach out to a staff member if there's a community project or effort you'd like for us to help bring attention to.

I hope these topics help give some of you something fun to consider or something positive to look forward to!

- ZN

Print this item Send this item to a friend

Any questions?
Posted by: DustWolf - 2022-06-12 20:11 - Replies (21)

Hello,

I would like to remind everyone that if anyone has any questions, you can always come to us on TG staff to ask -- use whatever channel you most prefer, and we'll do what we can to help you. (Of course questions regarding therianthropy are best answered by our members in the forums.)

Recent drama may have left some of you feeling anxious, and the fact that we have never responded to the drama publicly, may have left you wondering why that is.

The reason why we didn't respond is simple: We have no wish to feed the fires. We believe the actions of those who engage in drama should speak for themselves.

Delicate matters need to be dealt with appropriately. So if you have any questions about what happened and so forth, ask us and we will explain. But don't expect us to be broadcasting bewares in public spaces any time soon. We think by now the entire community should understand that therians are a relatively small group in the grand scheme of things, and that degrading any therian, degrades us all, in the eyes of the public.

I promise, that any threat to members on TG was closely examined and dealt with appropriately. You are safe here. If you have any concerns, let us know and we'll look into it.

We remain dedicated to being a home for all therians, and to help you learn how to deal with your therian experiences.

LP,
Dusty

Thank you
Posted by: DustWolf - 2022-03-22 17:35 - Replies (6)

Hello everyone,

I hope you'll forgive me this rather self-serving and sentimental announcement. Smile

I've been with you here on TG for 9 years, 10 if you count the old TG where I was nothing more than a random outsider to TG. During this time, TG has been through a lot. There are many memories of good times and dark times, including many situations that seem rather unbelievable at this point.

I know some of you (the announcement is public and therefore visible to the world) may not be very fond of me still being around or some of the things you think I've done. Others, I've been told have appreciated my help here or even highly valued my loyalty to this community over the years.

As admin of a site this puts me in a somewhat authoritarian position where I decide the rules on TG. It's hard to say what the correct decisions would be in certain situations, yet seeing where we are now, I suppose most of them were not all that bad.

I appreciate everyone who's decided to stick with us over the years. As a community it's obviously true that this place would not be the same without you. I know even 5 years is a very long time for someone to stick around in an online community and yet here we are 10 years later.

I wanted to say I care about all of you and I wanted to thank you for sticking around for however long you've decided to stay with us, despite all those challenges.

I hope Therian Guide continues to deliver on being a useful resource for learning to deal with one's therianthropy. I certainly will continue to strive towards this goal.

Take care everyone.

For those who asked, the Wayback Machine has some snapshots of what the old TG forums looked like:
https://web.archive.org/web/201304020451.../index.php

As you can see, the basic formula of TG hasn't really changed much. Tongue

I unfortunately don't have any backups of that place. (Click to View)

A lot of the people who were active at the time, weren't active anymore when the new forums started, and some of them turned out to not be the most agreeable people and were banned a few years down the line. Things change... I wish it could have been different.

LP,
Dusty

Outside Drama
Posted by: LycanTheory - 2022-02-27 2:19 - Replies (2)

Hey everyone Hello

Today's topic is everyone's favorite... Drama Tongue

It's come to our attention that there's several fires burning on the outside of TG and as always, this has the potential to affect TG to some limited degree because there is much member overlap between therian communities.

As always, the staff of Therian Guide pledge to do our best to maintain this community as a sanctuary from chaos and drama and I think perhaps one of the most important lessons we've learned over the years is to keep our noses out of other people's business. We recognize that most online drama stems from personal differences or disagreements between individuals or groups and we support and encouage efforts of individuals and groups to resolve these differences instead of resorting to cancel-culture, rumors, bewares or other performative forms of social headhunting.

If one or more of our members are affected by outside drama, we care and we'll listen and offer support to individuals to the end of resolving or removing themselves from negative stimuli but we won't take sides, make statements or get involved. Some of us have been working very hard to improve intercommunity relations and drama is counterproductive to our efforts.

So... Just a little reminder, please don't bring outside stuff here and if you're bothered by something outside of here or within TG even, don't hesitate to use the "write to staff" feature or PM one of us. Our door is always open.

Also! If you know someone who's not satisfied with other communities, please don't hesitate to suggest TG to them. We aren't a fit for everyone but we do try to keep things chill. Cool

Lyc

Integrity of Community
Posted by: LycanTheory - 2021-12-10 23:29 - Replies (2)

Hi there Hello

When Dust and I took the reigns of Therian Guide many years ago, we had a vision. Our vision was to provide a resource for therians young and old where everyone could have a positive, uplifting atmosphere to learn and personally grow into the best possible version of themselves. Our vision became the community's vision and it eventually spread out through other forums and various podcasts.

More recently, Therian Guide and those who have branched out from us to do their own thing and spread positivity, goodwill and service to others have drawn the ire of a few dysfunctional narcassists in the broader community. These individuals prefer to throw negativity at us, given their every waking opportunity, because of their own personal resentment and feelings of inadequacy due to our success in helping lift the community and it's individual members up. The thing I find most deplorable about this is that now they've elected to start attacking the merits and initiatives of our young members, our future, because in their mind - if they are unhappy and unsuccessful, if they are miserable it makes them a victim of everyone else who is happy and successful. In truth, it is self-victimization because they will not take steps to better their own lives or circumstances.

My purpose in posting this is to inform everyone that if someone is using their platform to tear others down, it is a reflection of just how miserable they, themselves, feel inside. I also would like to humbly request of everyone, please do not engage in or enable these sorts of pathological behavior. We don't have a problem with it here on TG because we are quick to remove those sorts of people so they don't poison our community but it is becoming disturbingly prevalent in social media and other places.

Let's keep the therian community supportive of one another, encouraging of one another, uplifting, considerate and positive. We will have to work to maintain those principles but the effort will be worth it.

Lyc