READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,520
» Latest member: Ender
» Forum threads: 14,296
» Forum posts: 216,752

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 24 online users.
» 5 Member(s) | 19 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Points store and new staf...
Last Post: Sairensin
2022-09-23 4:24
» Replies: 3
» Views: 124
Split Soul Theory
Last Post: Leaf the Lynx
2022-09-21 17:03
» Replies: 2
» Views: 656
Finding your therian name
Last Post: Cuddie
2022-09-20 21:29
» Replies: 41
» Views: 23340
Furry or Therian? What ar...
Last Post: DustWolf
2022-09-17 21:15
» Replies: 4
» Views: 181
Projection Theory (also e...
Last Post: The_Beta_Returns
2022-09-15 17:09
» Replies: 21
» Views: 2562

Donate To Us!

Donations will be used for the benefit of the Therian Guide community.

Points store and new staff
Posted by: DustWolf - 2022-09-22 19:00 - Replies (3)

Hello everyone,

For those of you who are new to TG, you may not be aware that there is a points store:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/newpoin...op#content

The items at the top are purely symbolic, but at the bottom are items that do things. They either give your username a color, or they give you the ability to receive free therian merch, or at the bottom are tokens that will make us make a donation to some animal charity in your name. Smile

I realise times have been kinda hard and we've not been thinking about charity much, however these things really help the organisations we support and we've already sent thousands of dollars their way.

Here are some tips how to earn points. In short, all you have to do to earn them is be active on the forums and post interesting stuff. I invite you to collect these points and then use them to either help charities, or get yourself something snazzy from our merch.

Smile

At this point some of you may be asking yourself... If everything is free and only costs Internet Points, where does the money come from?

Well, it comes from the TG budget:
https://forums.therian-guide.com/Thread-...et#content

The budget is funded entirely from donations.

We realise that a lot of TG members are younger people who do not have an income and that's okay, you can keep your savings. Smile However if you're an older therian and you have a job and maybe want to contribute to TG, but don't have much time, consider donating funds.

To make things easier, you can either make one-time donations with Ko-fi, or recurring donations with Patreaon. I've updated the Patreon page so that you can donate as little as 1 € a month. Smile

I've also wanted to take this opportunity to welcome our latest recruits to the staff:
@Tornir, @Ræven, @Werewulfra, @AgitatedSneaker and @Zacchary

I have no doubt there will be a number of questions regarding why these particular people were chosen or that we were even looking for people to add to staff. As usual the answer is complicated and I will probably try to clarify it somewhat in a staff journal or so.

For my part I can say I wish we could just recruit everyone who has been helpful on TG, however we can't do that and also I want you to know that as an active contributor you fill a much more vital role in our community than anyone on staff.

I would also take this opportunity to congratulate our new additions and say that I am optimistic going forward. Thank you all.

LP,
Dusty

Print this item Send this item to a friend

Sketchtember 2022 and Podcast Bits to Listen To!
Posted by: Zefer Nezumi - 2022-09-01 2:16 - No Replies

Howldy!

A day early (at least in the US!) but as sort of a monthly announcement for September this year, I'm excited to encourage you critters to pull out your favorite instruments of creativity and check out the 2022 Sketchtember submission thread!

Feel free to add more purrompt suggestions and try to do your best to encourage your peers to go do the things! Sketchtember is usually a lot of fun and we see some really creative, cool stuff from our members!

For those of you on DeviantArt, feel free to join the Therian-Guide DA page! If your screen name on DA is different from on here, let me know so I can set up appropriate purrmissions for you to submit! (We try to limit it to forum members so as long as I know you're on here, you're good!). I'll try to make a folder for Sketchtember 2022 submissions but I'm A bOoMeR and might struggle a bit to figure out how to. XP Bah.

If you have friends outside TG who could also benefit from a nudge to try something artistic, remember that the event isn't just limited to members! It's about building skills, building friendships, building community, and more!

If you're on Discord, look for a thread in our #creativity channel for submissions! You can post there, in the submissions thread, in your own thread, link to your post elsewhere, or whatever works for you. If you have questions, feel free to ask! ^^

-------------

If you're into longer-ish podcasts, the latest Sneppurrsode of the WereAreWe Podcast is out now!

In the later part of the episode (check the times listed in the description!), we discuss the upcoming segment on roleplay in the therian community. This coincides with a poll about roleplay, which you can find here!

There's still some time to make your vote on the poll before we start compiling stats to discuss on the sneppurrsode, and I'll be reaching out to interested purrticipants of the discussion sometime soon to try to coordinate coming on for live discussion!

(If I haven't given a nudge in a few days but you've expressed interest in coming on for the discussion, please send me a PM here or on Discord. Or use a laser pointer to help lead me back in the right direction!)

-------------

Make sure to mark your calendars for the next Serious Therianthropy Discussion Chat which will be held September 4th, at 12pm CST.

The linked thread provides login information, as well as upcoming questions for each discussion. If you're interested in getting notifications of new events, make sure to subscribe to the thread!

Please also note that, though the discussions are archived on the WereList, you don't have to be a member of the WereList to participate in the discussions when they are held.

-------------

Are you aware of any other community projects or events the community might want to hear about? Reach out to someone on the staff team and help make us aware! ^^

- ZN

Album Giveaway Contest, Podcast Polls and More!
Posted by: Zefer Nezumi - 2022-07-27 15:56 - No Replies

Howldy, folks!

This announcement is for a few upcoming community things, so read on if that's your thing! Spoilers are used to help prevent big wall of text.

-------------

COMMUNITY MEMBER MUSIC ALBUM RELEASE AND PROMOTIONAL GIVEAWAY (Click to View)

------------

SERIOUS THERIANTHROPY DISCUSSION CHATS - FYI! (Click to View)

-------------

WEREAREWE PODCAST POLL AND FUTURE DISCUSSION ON ROLEPLAYING IN THE THERIAN COMMUNITY! (Click to View)

-------------

TG TEAMS REMINDERS! (Click to View)

-------------

AWOO FINES LIFTED FOR HOWL PURRTICIPANTS! (Click to View)

-------------

As always, feel free to reach out to a staff member if there's a community project or effort you'd like for us to help bring attention to.

I hope these topics help give some of you something fun to consider or something positive to look forward to!

- ZN

Any questions?
Posted by: DustWolf - 2022-06-12 20:11 - Replies (21)

Hello,

I would like to remind everyone that if anyone has any questions, you can always come to us on TG staff to ask -- use whatever channel you most prefer, and we'll do what we can to help you. (Of course questions regarding therianthropy are best answered by our members in the forums.)

Recent drama may have left some of you feeling anxious, and the fact that we have never responded to the drama publicly, may have left you wondering why that is.

The reason why we didn't respond is simple: We have no wish to feed the fires. We believe the actions of those who engage in drama should speak for themselves.

Delicate matters need to be dealt with appropriately. So if you have any questions about what happened and so forth, ask us and we will explain. But don't expect us to be broadcasting bewares in public spaces any time soon. We think by now the entire community should understand that therians are a relatively small group in the grand scheme of things, and that degrading any therian, degrades us all, in the eyes of the public.

I promise, that any threat to members on TG was closely examined and dealt with appropriately. You are safe here. If you have any concerns, let us know and we'll look into it.

We remain dedicated to being a home for all therians, and to help you learn how to deal with your therian experiences.

LP,
Dusty

Thank you
Posted by: DustWolf - 2022-03-22 17:35 - Replies (6)

Hello everyone,

I hope you'll forgive me this rather self-serving and sentimental announcement. Smile

I've been with you here on TG for 9 years, 10 if you count the old TG where I was nothing more than a random outsider to TG. During this time, TG has been through a lot. There are many memories of good times and dark times, including many situations that seem rather unbelievable at this point.

I know some of you (the announcement is public and therefore visible to the world) may not be very fond of me still being around or some of the things you think I've done. Others, I've been told have appreciated my help here or even highly valued my loyalty to this community over the years.

As admin of a site this puts me in a somewhat authoritarian position where I decide the rules on TG. It's hard to say what the correct decisions would be in certain situations, yet seeing where we are now, I suppose most of them were not all that bad.

I appreciate everyone who's decided to stick with us over the years. As a community it's obviously true that this place would not be the same without you. I know even 5 years is a very long time for someone to stick around in an online community and yet here we are 10 years later.

I wanted to say I care about all of you and I wanted to thank you for sticking around for however long you've decided to stay with us, despite all those challenges.

I hope Therian Guide continues to deliver on being a useful resource for learning to deal with one's therianthropy. I certainly will continue to strive towards this goal.

Take care everyone.

For those who asked, the Wayback Machine has some snapshots of what the old TG forums looked like:
https://web.archive.org/web/201304020451.../index.php

As you can see, the basic formula of TG hasn't really changed much. Tongue

I unfortunately don't have any backups of that place. (Click to View)

A lot of the people who were active at the time, weren't active anymore when the new forums started, and some of them turned out to not be the most agreeable people and were banned a few years down the line. Things change... I wish it could have been different.

LP,
Dusty