READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,310
» Latest member: lynx1816
» Forum threads: 11,759
» Forum posts: 192,293

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
On CWs, TWs, PSAs and "sa...
Last Post: HoneycombPup
Today 1:41
» Replies: 21
» Views: 402
Regarding the age groups ...
Last Post: BubblesTheCat
2021-02-27 13:41
» Replies: 35
» Views: 21063
Want your own therianthro...
Last Post: BubblesTheCat
2021-02-26 11:29
» Replies: 11
» Views: 738
Updating the Werelibrary
Last Post: DustWolf
2021-02-10 22:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 489
The contrast of language ...
Last Post: Tdae
2021-02-10 5:43
» Replies: 28
» Views: 1082

Donate To Us!

Donations will be used for the benefit of the Therian Guide community.

Want your own therianthropy website?
Posted by: DustWolf - 2021-02-17 14:36 - Replies (11)

Hey all,

In light of the recent developments, we've figured out that we probably need to do something, to help establish what Therianthropy means to us, to the wider community. As with our theriotypes, the way to ensure survival is to branch out a little. So we are branching out. Smile

We've set up 3 new websites that are currently waiting for content. They are supposed to be there to help new people who are not yet familiar with Therianthropy, find out what we're all about.

I've set everything up so that the websites will look professional and function even if those of you, who choose to adopt them, don't have a lot of technical skill. Plus of course I'll be here to help as I am able!

Because we want the websites to be successful in the long run, we have some terms regarding the contents of the site. But if things work out and we find in you a trustworthy partner capable of caring for the site in the long run, we are willing to (eventually) hand over the keys and let you take complete ownership of that site.

For now, I need some of your creativity to help me fill out the websites with pictures and essays, so I will be posting some threads in the Share your Creativity forum, which will explain how you can earn some points in helping us set the websites up. Wink

LP,
Dusty

Print this item Send this item to a friend

The "Were Are We" Pawdcast! Happy holidays
Posted by: Zefer Nezumi - 2020-12-22 4:59 - No Replies

Howldy!

Sneppurrsode 7 is out now, on Podbean and a few other platforms!

Many thanks to the various members of the community who submitted audio messages for this episode! The TG link is here but we solicited members from all around the community, because hey - community building is the goal of the podcast!

We're hoping hearing therians from all over wishing the community well brings some warmth to your heart this howlyday season!

Hopefully this helps give our community a strong voice in something clear; if we work together, we can accomplish something pretty darned cool! ^^

Cohosts: @BearX @BlackPaws @Blayz @bluewolf2011 @Stormdancer @TigerAcolyte

Special shout-out to @Silverheart for being brave enough to work on an intro song for us! We're hoping to get music from the community soon, and this purrsonal touch is awesome!

- ZN

Therian Amino
Posted by: LycanTheory - 2020-12-19 19:32 - No Replies

Hi everyone Hello

While it is not the standard conduct of TG to post things like PSAs, in light of Therian Amino devolving into an essential cesspool that rivals even Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook and in light of them launching an unfounded and fictitious disinformation campaign against us, I have chosen to release a very well written dissertation, detailing the massive slew of toxicity that has become Therian Amino from one of their former curators.

That article can be found here.

As alternatives which are not raging dumpster fires, we advise Therian Community Amino and PinkDolphin's Amino, both of which can be found here.

In closing, I'd like to express my disappointment with Therian Amino. You all could have done a great service to the community if you had simply exhibited a little maturity and responsibility. Perhaps, this was too much to ask or hope for.

Lyc

2020 Howlyday Cheer!
Posted by: Zefer Nezumi - 2020-12-11 17:48 - No Replies

Howldy!

The Howlydays are approaching and I've been in the mood to encourage creativity and positivity, so I'd like to bring your attention to two projects that are going on this season!

I realize that we all have different creativity styles, so I'm mixing things up a bit in hopes of getting more people to participate!

The first project of sorts is this super-secret Secret Santa art exchange thing that's secret!

Basically, everyone who purrticipates will get holiday or seasonal art from another participant, chosen at random. You'll know who you're doing art for, but you WON'T know who's doing art for you, so there's a great opportunity for surprises here. [b]I ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL[b] - everybody seems to have a blast with the Sketchtember challenge, and I think people usually end up doing far better than they expect themselves to. ^^

So far, it seems like most people who are participating can create art or help someone else do so, and that means it looks like we should move on to the next steps soon. ^^ If you haven't voted yet, please do so - that way I'll know to include you in the next thread.

The second project involves submitting audio recordings for the Were Are We podcast! Click here.

The point of the podcast is to help give a voice to the therian community so it kinda makes sense that we should let your actual voices be heard. XP This project hopes to get 15-20 second audio messages from various community members, related to holiday season wishes, or positivity in general. We're hoping to have a segment on our next episode that shares these submissions with the community!

Nothing too complex or crazy - it's just that we could all use some good wishes and warm vibes this holiday season. If you're interested but not sure how it works, let me know!

In the meantime, I'd like to thank you all for hanging in there and doing your best to keep each other in good spirits. I think creative outlets are an excellent way to help us bond and form stronger connections and I encourage you all to challenge yourselves to think of ways we can help support the community!

- ZN

Therian Guide: Teams!
Posted by: DustWolf - 2020-12-03 12:46 - Replies (2)

Hey all,

I bring to you the new TG feature we've been hinting at for some time:

TG Teams!

As TG members, you are now able to join our special teams. As a member of a team, you have access to an exclusive forum (and Discord room if applicable) where you can talk about anything. The topic bans from the TG rules might not apply in them. Nothing is out of place in a team forum / chat, so whatever is on your mind you can ask it there, and you can trust it will only be seen by your team-mates.

We are also planning on adding other perks for being in teams. Things like a permanent name color you can choose, based on your team. And special badges for your forum postbits.

Because we know many of you have already chosen a favorite staff member, the teams are led by staffers and we bring our own individual flares to our teams. So the teams are:

* @LycanTheory's Arcadia, unspoiled wilderness. Also called Wild Squad. As you know Lycan is a freedom-loving doggo, who doesn't mind how people choose to do things, as long as it works. As a member of his team you will be given access to his team forum and Discord chat where fewer rules apply and where life's challenges are faced head-on.

[Image: arcadia.png]

* @BearX's Camp X, summer camp for the gifted. Wink BearX is known for his relaxed and open-minded approach to life. He's been a part of the Therian community longer than most of us and has returned to share his wisdom. Though as a bear therian, he is solitary by nature, his team will nevertheless be a sanctuary for those to whom who find this way of thinking comfortable or appealing. If you just need reasonable and open-minded people to talk to, this may be the team for you.

[Image: camp-x.png]

* @DustWolf's Dusty's Pack. I may have been a little distant recently, but you know that at heart I really care about all of you. I am loyal to a fault and am willing to work hard to protect my own, let my stars speak for themselves, I've been here for you for years. I don't believe in good and evil, I believe every person chooses their own truth and should fight for it: May the best philosophy win. In my team, I'll be there for you, I'll run alongside you and I'll fight for you, even if society thinks you're wrong. Will you run with me?

[Image: dustys-pack.png]

* @elinox's Eli's Tribe. Elinox is a spiritual therian and otherkin. She is a fun-loving and common-sense person. When we fight, she brings our community together. Though Elinox dislikes Discord, by joining her tribe you get access to a quiet spot on the forums, where it's okay to talk about the spirtual practices you've become used to and share knowledge about how to use it, in a calm atmosphere free of conflict.

[Image: elis-tribe.png]

* @Zefer Nezumi's Team Stripe, naturally. Zefer is the fun, energetic, spiritual tiger we all know, who believes in the power of goof and derp, and trully wishes to help the Therian community. You may have heard his thoughtful podcasts or just had a good laugh with his puns, but you know what he stands for is good. If you want to stand with him, join his team, have a blast, get in touch with your spiritual side and help make a better tomorrow for all therians.

[Image: stripe.png]

* @Thorveim's Thorveim's Friends. Though Thorveim is not very active in our group chat, odds are if you're on Discord, you've talked to him at some point and maybe even befriended him. Thorveim is a gentle soul, a good friend, a werewolf and a gamer. If you are ever in a point in life where you don't know what is right anymore, he is the person to talk to. If you consider yourself his friend, want to talk about games or even play a few or just want to say you believe in what he does, consider joining his team.

[Image: thorv.png]

Obviously the names of the teams are a bit goof on purpose, but we want you to be proud of your teams. We hope that the teams will help you with what you really need from us.

Teams are optional. If you're not into this sort of thing, you don't have to join any of them. And you can join multiple teams if you like.

To join a team, PM or DM the team leader (staff member of the team you wish to join) and just explain why you wish to join, and what do you bring to the team. It is the team leader's decision whether you are in or out of the team. Adding you to their team is not their duty, it's their choice. If there's a problem, it's between you and your team leader to work it out.

You don't have to be a therian to join a team. You don't have to have a specific theriotype (e.g.: Dusty's pack is for everyone, not just wolves). You don't have to be a specific gender or orientation. You don't have to be a specific type of person. You just have to identify with the team. Smile

And despite being in teams, we are also in TG and the Therian community. And team leaders are still TG's staff.

I don't know if Teams will work. It might not be the perfect solution, but it might fix a lot of eternal problems in therian communities, so I really hope this works out in the end. It's possible that teams will be a little empty at the start, but I'd like your help in helping them get established: Choose your team and find other people you'd want as your team-mates.

Contributions of art for team badges, or ideas for perks for team members are also most welcome. Smile

LP,
Dusty