READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Teen Wolves
Hunchocho
Emotional Mastermind
Theriotype: Common raven
Experience: Therian

RE: Teen Wolves

(2016-12-01 2:37)Kisota Wrote:  

Quote:But for Fluff, I HATE that term. I was called it more than enough during the first 3 months after I fully awakened.

I don't like it either. It seems to have become shorthand for "you're not what *I* have is decided is a True Therian." It's a quick way to dismiss someone and act superior. Good for starting witch hunts, not so good for promoting a healthy community culture. I'm all for pointing out unhealthy behaviors, but "fluff" is generally not used for calling out toxic things in the community so much as putting people down and infringing upon their mental real estate.

It's too bad the media popularity of the teen wolf subculture has given us bad press. The conflation of a style-focused teen subculture with an internally-focused subculture is frustrating.

But we can surely sympathize with the bad press, right? Since even strictly therianthropy-focused media has a history of being exploitative and awful?

I think if we try to back away from our frustrations about the conflation of the communities, I think many of us could probably empathize at least a bit with teen wolves on a more personal level. They're not bad kids. And it's more of exploitative media and community infighting that hurts us, rather than kids roleplaying as wolves and dressing in tails and fangs and emo gear.

This word is stupid, yes. It's often seen in Facebook groups.
No one can say how to identify and as what. Whoever does so, is stupid.
But Fluff is more used for trolls amd such lately. Trolls and fakers, as far as I know. I don't really know why it appeared first and what was the background etc. but I know that I don't use it. And youthe shouldn't either. Even if there are trolls or fakers. Educate them amd/or ignorate.

Anyway, back to teen wolves. I don't know what to think about them. Each to their own as far as they don't hurt someone. We want to be ourselves so why not these teen wolves? My opinion.

2016-12-02 17:21
Save
Give Thanks
StargazerStella
Ugly Duckling
Theriotype: British Columbia Wolf & Lion
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

I agree with you guys. I am quite new to Therian as having recently discovered I am a wolf therian. But I heard of these kids who dressed up with collars, leashes, and wore all black at school and even wore special contacts. I think personally that is a bit much.
Regarding this I wear a black wolf tail sometimes to help me embrace this part of myself as I made the stupid mistake of telling my parents and they hate I am a therian so it helps me embrace myself and I feel more free. But I do not wear it out in public and I barley wear it at home.
I think these *Teen Wolves* take this whole wolf therian to an extreme level and start acting less like therians and more like weird people. I think there is a certain limit to were you can no longer call yourself a wolf therian. I am still embracing myself as a wolf therian and learning so many new things but I would not wear contacts, collars and tails out in public as I am a very shy person.
This is just my personal opinion!

I didn't come for a fight, but I will fight till the end

[Image: e9f820f9ca05bfe07eaaade0bab2da3c.gif]
2016-12-19 14:02
Save
Give Thanks
Fjell
three weasels in a trenchcoat
Theriotype: Wolverine, domestic ferret
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2016-12-19 14:02)StargazerStella Wrote:  I think these *Teen Wolves* take this whole wolf therian to an extreme level and start acting less like therians and more like weird people.

The thing is, most teen werewolves aren't even therian. The whole "lifestyle" got popular with Wolfie Blackheart who did announce that they're not a therian.
I like to think of therians and teen werewolves as two different groups. Much like furries and therians. They tend to be confused by outsiders but they're very different. Still, therians can be teen werewolves and teen werewolves can be therian.

Those teen werewolf packs seem to be more about having somewhere to belong, having fun and expressing themselves. I'm sure there are therians among them.
If they're honestly confused about what therianthropy is or if they're aware of the difference is hard to make out though.

2016-12-19 16:16
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

This thread seems to be repeating itself a bit in my eyes. Someone asks what teen wolves are, someone else answers, a few posts are made, and then someone asks (again) what they are the the cycle repeats...should there be a "THE MEDIA MAKES TEEN WOLVES LOOK BAD." warning somewhere in here? XD

The Teen Wolf community is to Therians, as Therians is to Furries. All of them are mixed up by the media, bad publicity and so on. End the cycle. Let's move past all this confusion, shall we? Wink

...or at the very least start a new less-garbled thread about it. @___@
2016-12-20 1:46
Save
Give Thanks
micheal65536
Aspie Wolf
Experience: (therian?)

(2016-12-20 1:46)Ishvala Wrote:  The Teen Wolf community is to Therians, as Therians is to Furries. All of them are mixed up by the media, bad publicity and so on. End the cycle. Let's move past all this confusion, shall we? Wink

Exactly. Some therians are also furries, and some are also teen wolves, but ultimately they're not the same thing. It's just possible that some therians are also drawn to teen wolves the same way that some therians are drawn to furries.

2016-12-20 7:49
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
silvertick 
.$team.

(2016-12-20 7:49)micheal65536 Wrote:  

(2016-12-20 1:46)Ishvala Wrote:  The Teen Wolf community is to Therians, as Therians is to Furries. All of them are mixed up by the media, bad publicity and so on. End the cycle. Let's move past all this confusion, shall we? Wink

Exactly. Some therians are also furries, and some are also teen wolves, but ultimately they're not the same thing. It's just possible that some therians are also drawn to teen wolves the same way that some therians are drawn to furries.

Straight from the horse's mouth, and by horse I mean me - figuratively of course. Wink

Anyway it's nice to see that you get my point. Though I think you missed the other one, the whole - "Let's end this thread because all that's happening are people repeating themselves and it's getting nowhere" part.

2016-12-21 20:09
Save
Give Thanks
micheal65536
Aspie Wolf
Experience: (therian?)

(2016-12-21 20:09)Ishvala Wrote:  Anyway it's nice to see that you get my point. Though I think you missed the other one, the whole - "Let's end this thread because all that's happening are people repeating themselves and it's getting nowhere" part.

Nah, I got it. I tend to get into loops of "I agree with you 100%" - "Thanks, I'm glad you agree."... and then the conversation continues.

2016-12-21 21:16
Save
Give Thanks
Azi_MexyWolf
Wolf Father/Pup Sitter
Theriotype: Mexican Wolf
.$team..$team.

I don't die when I read this. But it does get me when these teenagers think it is cool to emulate "how wolfs act" (or werewolves). But nonetheless, they will continue to act the way they do, at least til the fad ends. But what is important is how we act and carry ourselves to ensure a clear differentiation between Teen wolves and ourselves (therians).

Lee

[Image: Mexican-Gray-Wolves-puppy.jpg]
Mexican Wolf Dad and Pup.

Wolf who has HUMAN mental shifts.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-22 17:51 by Azi_MexyWolf.)
2016-12-22 16:25
Save
Give Thanks
seberus
New
Theriotype: red wolf, forest elf, and wyvern
Contribution:

(2015-08-09 13:07)SilverNyx Wrote:  You're right, Louvel it just bothers me though that they be pretenders. Louvel, I'm sorry if I caused any offense toward you. I am not against them just because they wear different clothing, I'm saying that they're basically calling themselves wolves because they're gothic. For that to be true wolves would be dark and evil. Wolves are misjudged to be evil and vicious. Through my connection to wolves I know that's not true.

Actually, goths are not vicious. I am actually goth but I embrace my therianthropy not in the darker sense of the wolf, but the misunderstood side. Most of the teen wolves had troubled pasts so when they found a group of friends who also had an interest with wolves, they formed a wolf pack and they do function like a family. They were being mistreated at home so thats why that whole thing blew up, because all of a sudden there was a goth wolf pack on campus

2017-03-30 15:43
Save
Give Thanks
Azi_MexyWolf
Wolf Father/Pup Sitter
Theriotype: Mexican Wolf
.$team..$team.

While I think teen wolves are childish. Pretending to be wolves and think they know what packs are. They are welcome to do what they want. I'll do what I need to do, I'll just be me. Smile

-Azi

[Image: Mexican-Gray-Wolves-puppy.jpg]
Mexican Wolf Dad and Pup.

Wolf who has HUMAN mental shifts.
2017-04-03 18:25
Save
Give Thanks