READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Teen Wolves
Sonja
Child of the ocean.
Theriotype: Werewolf, polymorph?
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

RE: Teen Wolves

(2016-07-03 3:48)Sahkari Wrote:  Oh I know these assholes.

They seem like they're mocking therians who actually believe in this. It pisses Angry me off that they're actually calling themselves "teen werewolves", when they don't change under a full moon. When Grimwulf said that they're going through a phase, I absolutely agree that they're going through a phase.

As former/still questioning werewolf otherkin, not all werewolves change under a full moon.

(2016-07-20 18:53)Scratchy Wrote:  I honestly don't have a big problem with them as long as they don't start finding this site and infesting it like locusts. Sad Even though they already influence the community in a pretty bad way, I wonder why they feel the need to show everyone in the media? Are they doing it for attention and why is Teen Wolves even a thing?

They won't, we just won't activate them.

I don't think they influence us. They influence outsider views, though I wouldn't say too widely.

They're a thing because of what they said in the video. They are lonely teenagers wanting to fit in somewhere.

I actually just met a "therian" in town who speaks a lot like these teen wolves and dresses like them and regularly talks to Wolfie, wherever he is now.

Psychological - INFP - Artist - Fursuiter - Student of Psychology

"Of course it's happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -J.K. Rowling

[url= https://youtu.be/bndL7wwAj0U]~♪♥♫~[/url]
(This post was last modified: 2016-07-23 1:20 by Sonja.)
2016-07-23 1:17
Save
Give Thanks
Moonlight18
New
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution:

Well I don't think we should be bothered by teen werewolves let's let them be themselves even if some are posers who are we to judge.
2016-10-26 19:22
Save
Give Thanks
Kieran
Heckhound
Theriotype: Hellhound, dog, orca, polymorph
silvertick silvertick 

(2016-07-03 3:48)Sahkari Wrote:  Oh I know these assholes.

They seem like they're mocking therians who actually believe in this. It pisses Angry me off that they're actually calling themselves "teen werewolves", when they don't change under a full moon. When Grimwulf said that they're going through a phase, I absolutely agree that they're going through a phase.

I heard the boy in that video with the long hair (forgot his name) committed suicide. I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=JbKABh7PuWs one day for the lulz but then towards the end they said that two of the pack members committed suicide because of bullying mostly, I think. I don't know much about it but I think it kind of goes to show that, no matter how stupid someone might seem, they're still people and just want a place to belong and want to express themselves, even if it is in a strange way. I think these people are just very misinformed and want to be different but at the same time have a place to belong, a sense of family that they probably never had growing up. I really get that, I was kind of the same way when I first discovered the therian community. I'd always been different and wanted to be with people who really understood me and accepted me, but I was very misinformed at first, I was with the wrong crowd for a while but had no idea. It wasn't really my fault, I only knew what I was told. I think that's how it is for many teen wolves and they seem ignorant because they just don't want someone they don't even know telling them that what they've been taught/believed for so long was all just a joke.

2016-10-26 21:30
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

I think a lot of people misunderstand what Teen Wolves were to begin with. They weren't therians, they never even claimed to be therians in the first place. They were a group of kids or teens who called themselves "Teen Wolves" as a sort of familial gang name. They were simply an alternative group of people finding comfort in a "pack" with others like them, and doing simple stuff like going out and having fun. I really begin to get annoyed when people - especially in the Therian community - look at them and turn up their noises. They quite literally aren't trying to be anything except for themselves. The media just twists their words around.

The controversial wolfie blackheart incident (a formerly popular teen wolf) was all lies and fabrication that the media made up. As far as all the evidence I could find (then and now) leads to Wolfie being innocent of the allegations and to the media "misunderstanding" the ordeal.

As far as anything else, when they say that everyone has a bit of animal in them, they aren't referencing therianthropy. There's a lot of ways to interpret it, but I think they're literally just taking pride in themselves and using a fascination with wolves to stand tall against what challenges them. I see nothing wrong with being inspired by an already media-famous animal, and I see nothing wrong with banding together in order to find acceptance.

Teen Wolves are just familial gangs. The gear is just a fashion statement. The "inner animal" is just an inspiration. They're similar to the Furry community, wherein they get misunderstood and lumped together with us - and while it isn't right of people to do that, - it doesn't make a Teen Wolf any more wrong than a Furry or some other person who decided to wear some sort of gear for the heck of it.

- This is all my opinion on the matter, anyway.
2016-10-26 21:38
Save
Give Thanks
micheal65536
Aspie Wolf
Experience: (therian?)

(2016-10-26 21:38)Ishvala Wrote:  I think a lot of people misunderstand what Teen Wolves were to begin with. They weren't therians, they never even claimed to be therians in the first place. They were a group of kids or teens who called themselves "Teen Wolves" as a sort of familial gang name. They were simply an alternative group of people finding comfort in a "pack" with others like them, and doing simple stuff like going out and having fun. I really begin to get annoyed when people - especially in the Therian community - look at them and turn up their noises. They quite literally aren't trying to be anything except for themselves. The media just twists their words around.

The controversial wolfie blackheart incident (a formerly popular teen wolf) was all lies and fabrication that the media made up. As far as all the evidence I could find (then and now) leads to Wolfie being innocent of the allegations and to the media "misunderstanding" the ordeal.

As far as anything else, when they say that everyone has a bit of animal in them, they aren't referencing therianthropy. There's a lot of ways to interpret it, but I think they're literally just taking pride in themselves and using a fascination with wolves to stand tall against what challenges them. I see nothing wrong with being inspired by an already media-famous animal, and I see nothing wrong with banding together in order to find acceptance.

Teen Wolves are just familial gangs. The gear is just a fashion statement. The "inner animal" is just an inspiration. They're similar to the Furry community, wherein they get misunderstood and lumped together with us - and while it isn't right of people to do that, - it doesn't make a Teen Wolf any more wrong than a Furry or some other person who decided to wear some sort of gear for the heck of it.

This.

There's nothing wrong with teen wolves, as long as people don't mistake them for therians. They don't call themselves therians or go on therian forums, but if there is a problem with teen wolves its that newer therians do sometimes get "misled" by them and think that in order to "fit in" to a therian community you have to dress in a particular way or display particular behaviours that are common among teen wolves. The main confusion comes in when people are researching therianthropy and come across people like this and get confused because, like therians, they call themselves wolves and, like therians, they like to hang out in packs.

Having said that, a teenage therian who favours a punk-goth style or attitude will probably fit equally well into a therian community or a teen wolf pack. Again, no harm done.

2016-10-27 7:16
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
silvertick 
.$team.

(2016-10-27 7:16)micheal65536 Wrote:  There's nothing wrong with teen wolves, as long as people don't mistake them for therians. They don't call themselves therians or go on therian forums, but if there is a problem with teen wolves its that newer therians do sometimes get "misled" by them and think that in order to "fit in" to a therian community you have to dress in a particular way or display particular behaviours that are common among teen wolves. The main confusion comes in when people are researching therianthropy and come across people like this and get confused because, like therians, they call themselves wolves and, like therians, they like to hang out in packs.

Having said that, a teenage therian who favours a punk-goth style or attitude will probably fit equally well into a therian community or a teen wolf pack. Again, no harm done.

Exactly, and what's wrong with being both? A Teen Wolf is literally a person who is apart of a group of people who find comfort in a familial group setting. Alternative styles are common for them because the style used to be uncommon (though now it seems to be going almost mainstream...). Even so not every teen wolf is an alternative person. I'm not, and while I don't currently have a pack (thus I cannot be a "true" Teen Wolf without one by definition,) I used too and I still switch between Alternative, grunge, and even very femme and "normal" styles. Sure, it stands out - but who cares?

I think the main lesson when it comes to Teen Wolves is that judging a book by it's cover normally only makes us no different than the people who are actually misled/online bullies who won't listen to reason.

2016-10-27 7:37
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2016-10-27 7:16)micheal65536 Wrote:  

(2016-10-26 21:38)Ishvala Wrote:  I think a lot of people misunderstand what Teen Wolves were to begin with. They weren't therians, they never even claimed to be therians in the first place. They were a group of kids or teens who called themselves "Teen Wolves" as a sort of familial gang name. They were simply an alternative group of people finding comfort in a "pack" with others like them, and doing simple stuff like going out and having fun. I really begin to get annoyed when people - especially in the Therian community - look at them and turn up their noises. They quite literally aren't trying to be anything except for themselves. The media just twists their words around.

This.

There's nothing wrong with teen wolves, as long as people don't mistake them for therians. They don't call themselves therians or go on therian forums, but if there is a problem with teen wolves its that newer therians do sometimes get "misled" by them and think that in order to "fit in" to a therian community you have to dress in a particular way or display particular behaviours that are common among teen wolves. The main confusion comes in when people are researching therianthropy and come across people like this and get confused because, like therians, they call themselves wolves and, like therians, they like to hang out in packs.

wow thanks for clearing that up ish Smile

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
2016-10-28 18:58
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
silvertick 
.$team.

(2016-10-28 18:58)StarDolphin Wrote:  wow thanks for clearing that up ish Smile

You're very welcome, pretty sea mammal. <3

2016-10-29 6:43
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2016-10-29 6:43)Ishvala Wrote:  

(2016-10-28 18:58)StarDolphin Wrote:  wow thanks for clearing that up ish Smile

You're very welcome, pretty sea mammal. <3

Pshhaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww~ *fin flip* Blush

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
2016-10-29 22:29
Save
Give Thanks
Umbra
Shade
Theriotype: You may ask.
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

[removed]

Patience.
(This post was last modified: 2016-12-11 17:29 by Umbra.)
2016-10-31 18:30
Save
Give Thanks