READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Finding your therian name
Sirwoofers
New
Theriotype: Dog
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

RE: Finding your therian name
Thanks, this was really helpful!
2022-04-11 14:50
Save
Give Thanks
Cuddie
Il cane italiano
Theriotype: Wolfdog
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team.

Speaking of my name, I associate it precisely with the warmth and freedom that my theriotype gives me, my true ego. This name is perfect for me and I was thinking about it for days. I want to abstract from my human name and human life somehow. Also, this is kind of privacy for me. Only really close humans or therians can call me like that. I find it really useful for me. Also, I am a wolfdog, so giving name for me is kinda regular.

“Happiness has to be fought for."
2022-09-20 21:29
Save
Give Thanks
s0mb3rr
New
Theriotype: Dog/Fox/Dragon +more
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

In my opinion, naming your theriotype is just fine. Here’s why:

It is an animal soul in a human body. The human body has a human name, the animal soul may have an animal name- but doesn’t have to.

Just my opinion, you guys points of view make a lot of sense as well!

Also! I feel like “translating” words from “animal language” could also work, and I love to think about animals naming themselves after cool sounds or things they see.

[Image: 7500F5D9D4994297A6E67ED92F42206A.png]
— Jet/Wolfgang/Wolfe - He/It/Xe - Tamaskan Dog/Silver Fox/American Crow/Vampire/Dragon —
(This post was last modified: 2022-12-30 15:27 by s0mb3rr.)
2022-12-30 15:23
Save
Give Thanks
EvergreenLion
Pup
Theriotype: Asiatic Lion
Contribution: tick 

In my opinion, therian names are fine as long as you understand that you are your theriotype. I do have a therian name, that name being Evergreen, and I do have a reason for said name:

Basically, I believe that in this life, my soul is part human and part lion. I also like to think that your name is a part of your soul, because it's a part of your identity and who you are. But, I have two parts to my soul. My human side of the soul has a human name, but since I also have a lion side to my soul, when I name that something different it's still MY name. For me personally, it would feel strange for both sides of my soul to have the same name.

There are also spiritual/symbolic reasons for it but that's kind of hard to put into words and it's also pretty personal.

But, I can definitely see where you are coming from, and it could certainly cause confusion for newer therians and make them think that your theriotype is a different entity.

At least in my experience, your therian name is also your name, and only when one does not go by their therian name, it generally may stray from the definition of therianthropy.

(Sorry if this is badly written, I just woke up snep )

"Why do the humans come here, do you suppose?"
"Who knows why humans do anything?"
-Richard Adams, Watership Down
2023-01-01 15:36
Save
Give Thanks