READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

What Makes You Believe /You/ Are Therian?
Honeymala
Unknown classification
Theriotype: Grizzly Bear/Cryptid
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 

RE: What Makes You Believe /You/ Are Therian?
Many things! So many things that I literally have a list, but I’ll spare you of it. For the most part, it’s just a lot of ways that I don’t fit in with human beings.

I don’t feel connected to humans, I don’t think like they do, when I watch humans I feel like I’m watching a different species, I don’t get along with them, I don’t feel attracted to them (asexuallll), and I just don’t understand a lot of their culture at all. From war to socializing to however the heck humans enjoy making eye contact with each other and don’t see it as aggressive...I’m lost. Very lost.

So! If I’m not human, I must be something else. I thought I was koalakin for a little while, then grizzly bearkin, but then discovered cryptids...and everything suddenly made sense. I do enjoy being alone, being shrouded in nature or imagining living in liminal spaces or empty buildings. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by human life, dissociation and isolation is always the first thing I turn to. Just laying down with all the lights off in complete darkness, or looking through images of liminal spaces and losing myself in them, or going outside in the dead of night when no other humans are awake. It’s incredible. It feels like home. I truly am a cryptid at heart and at mind.

...oh, also some other stuff like my mood changing with the weather and prolonged staring were always issues I had. Cool stuff! Deer Jump

Getting knocked down and staying down is such a human thing to do. Creatures wouldn’t do that. A creature doesn’t stay down unless they’re injured or dead, and I’m not either of those yet.

Honey | She/they/it | Cryptidkin
2024-08-21 16:00
Save
Give Thanks
Pumpkinmisty 444
New
Theriotype: harpy? fox maybe wolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: new

well I can't really explain why, it just happens over a course of time for me in some case. I was never like into playing as a animal as a kid but overtime in secret I would be one mentally, Im sociable or not shy at all but in middle school and elementary school I was very quite. Now right now I don't have any proof it just fits.
2024-10-20 5:17
Save
Give Thanks
Bloeien
Pup
Theriotype: Vancouver Coastal Sea wolf
Experience: Therian
.$team..$team.

I don't know. I was just born a human with a piece of animal in my body. I'd say that over time, the animal part was sculpted into a wolf form. But ever since I was a little girl, I've had a little dog in me. I had a tendency to growl when I was a kid, and I acted much more like an animal in general. Ever since I could walk, my mother says my favorite place to be was in the woods. I've been called a woodswoman by my friends. As I've gotten older, it's only become more apparent. I'm more intergrated with my wolf. Other people can tell, I have a different energy. Sometimes I just go to school and feel like I don't belong. It's like I'm completely different and I just fit in. I'm most excited about being alone in the woods, exploring all kinds of things or just sitting and enjoying the atmosphere. Also, needless to say, I have animal behavior and instincts and occasionally I have a shift.

[Image: Blood-Bloom-edited.jpg]
Resistance against the potato army. Mashers unite and idelame lots of mashed potatoes. But watch out for @Maple Leaf

Family: siblings- @Kida_TheFluffball

More about me:
http://en.pronouns.page/@Bloeien
(This post was last modified: 2024-10-20 7:37 by Bloeien.)
2024-10-20 7:36
Save
Give Thanks
YukinoNeko
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: Cat
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:
.$team.

I believe I'm a therian for several reasons.

As long as I can remember, cats have been my "favorite animal". My family used to say I was obsessed with them. I remember this one memory of when I was very young, and we had these colored balloons with stickers. My favorite color at the time was pink, but that sticker was a pig. I always went with the light blue cat one. Every time.

When I was a bit older, or maybe even way back then, I used to say to my parents "I am a cat." This is long before I discovered therianthropy. I used to crawl around on the floor, meow (oh how I meowed) and generally act like a cat.

When I finally learned of therianthropy and TG, I knew immediately: this is me. This is who I am, this explains why I'm so strange, why I don't fit in.
Today 15:21
Save
Give Thanks
Honeymala
Unknown classification
Theriotype: Grizzly Bear/Cryptid
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin

(Rewriting this because my perspective has slightly changed)

Honestly, I don’t think there’s been a single moment in my life where I’ve felt connected to the human race.

As a cub, I never felt this connection at all. I barely felt connected to my family, watching cartoons with humans in them felt odd, and no matter what, I just couldn’t make friends with humans. I remember at family parties, I would even prefer to be in the room with the dogs in them instead of playing with my cousins. Being alone or being with animals was always my preference, I was always happiest at those times...not to mention how much I loved the outdoors and loved looking at nature even when I was a silly cub.

And then...ever since my day of awakening, the fateful day that a vision of my true self appeared in my mind...it all suddenly made sense.

Why I never got along with humans, why I was always so content with being alone, why I felt so deeply affected by nature compared to others, why I started feeling too stupid to understand subjects in school, why I never felt attraction to many human beings, why I never understood a lot of their culture, why my brain feels so different from everyone else’s, why I felt more at home in the midst of nature than in my own home surrounded by family.

Because I was never human in the first place.

And ever since coming to this conclusion...everything just suddenly feels right. So, now I’m playing catch-up. Letting myself live as my true self for as long as I live to make up for 20 years of living “human” Deer Jump

Getting knocked down and staying down is such a human thing to do. Creatures wouldn’t do that. A creature doesn’t stay down unless they’re injured or dead, and I’m not either of those yet.

Honey | She/they/it | Cryptidkin
Today 18:21
Save
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Member is Online
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

(Today 18:21)Honeymala Wrote:  (Rewriting this because my perspective has slightly changed)
Honestly, I don’t think there’s been a single moment in my life where I’ve felt connected to the human race.

This is pretty much how I felt and feel now. While I was very much attached to my parents I never felt a connection to others in the mere sense that they were human. I live in a human society but I never felt really like I was truly one of them. This may explain why I never really had any friends nor any desire to go out and make friends; I just couldn't tune in with the general mode of thinking.

However in answer to the question which I posted in previously, I don't want to 'believe' that I am therian..for the time being I can only observe how I feel and perceive and for the time being my observations lead me to think that I am therian; this could, of course, change at some point though now that I am older and more mature mentally and psychologically I doubt that this will change.

Today 20:46
Save
Give Thanks