READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Therianthropy Day 2018 (November 23)
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
.$team.

RE: Therianthropy Day 2018 (November 23)
Perhaps a few other observances might be worthwhile as community building exercises.

Tumblr has been reporting that November 4th is the Full Moon. They're wrong, and I'm not really sure how that's happening.

Additionally, there's a holiday which falls on the same day, made up by a 7-year old who is interested in wolves called "Wolfenoot", which has a whole mythology with gifts and roast meat and wolf spirits. It's cute, but I'd suggest keeping it separated from the therian community. Many folks in the Tumblr community are gravitating to it, and I suspect aren't considering that it's a 7-year old and his mother having fun with an idea and are trying to appropriate it. It's unfortunate because it falls on the same day as "Therianthropy Day" this year.

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
(This post was last modified: 2018-10-01 18:14 by BearX.)
2018-10-01 18:10
Save
Give Thanks
Misha Pantanal
A Feathered Biped
Theriotype: Hyacinth macaw
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

What is actually going on to celebrate this day?

And would it be best to choose the same date on the calendar each year or carry on using a lunar calendar?

That weird hyacinth macaw lady! cawheart

My blood belongs to the sea, my heart to the sky, and my mind to the cosmos

"I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings"
2018-10-06 5:44
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
silvertick silvertick 

(2018-10-01 18:10)BearX Wrote:  Perhaps a few other observances might be worthwhile as community building exercises.

Tumblr has been reporting that November 4th is the Full Moon. They're wrong, and I'm not really sure how that's happening.

Additionally, there's a holiday which falls on the same day, made up by a 7-year old who is interested in wolves called "Wolfenoot", which has a whole mythology with gifts and roast meat and wolf spirits. It's cute, but I'd suggest keeping it separated from the therian community. Many folks in the Tumblr community are gravitating to it, and I suspect aren't considering that it's a 7-year old and his mother having fun with an idea and are trying to appropriate it. It's unfortunate because it falls on the same day as "Therianthropy Day" this year.

Omg rip XD the irony XD ive seem that circulating XD

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
2018-10-06 14:24
Save
Give Thanks
BlurDenney
A wolf among the sheep
Theriotype: Wolfkin
Contribution: tick 

I read something about that, but I didn't read into it...did think it was cute and such though...
2018-10-06 14:27
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
silvertick silvertick 

Also, a note,

As a lover of wordplay, Awereness day is got dang adorable ! X>

~Star *

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2018-10-06 14:32 by StarDolphin.)
2018-10-06 14:31
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Previous answers (Click to View)

(2018-10-06 5:44)Hy McCaw Wrote:  What is actually going on to celebrate this day?

Therian day should be a day you spend with other therians. Either online or if possible in person.

(2018-10-06 5:44)Hy McCaw Wrote:  And would it be best to choose the same date on the calendar each year or carry on using a lunar calendar?

I think the use of the lunar basis (first full moon) serves some of us with more nocturnal theriotypes. So it's kind of fitting, for many animals. But... I don't know? There's not really a good argument to make it not on a lunar basis.

I mean it might be more convenient, but that just doesn't outweigh the advantage of keeping it on a full moon.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2018-10-06 14:45 by DustWolf.)
2018-10-06 14:43
Save
Give Thanks
PinkDolphin
Away
Dogolphin (PD)
Theriotype: swiss white shepherd, Pink River Dolphin
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

(2018-10-06 14:43)DustWolf Wrote:  
Previous answers (Click to View)

(2018-10-06 5:44)Hy McCaw Wrote:  What is actually going on to celebrate this day?

Therian day should be a day you spend with other therians. Either online or if possible in person.

(2018-10-06 5:44)Hy McCaw Wrote:  And would it be best to choose the same date on the calendar each year or carry on using a lunar calendar?

I think the use of the lunar basis (first full moon) serves some of us with more nocturnal theriotypes. So it's kind of fitting, for many animals. But... I don't know? There's not really a good argument to make it not on a lunar basis.

I mean it might be more convenient, but that just doesn't outweigh the advantage of keeping it on a full moon.

LP,
Dusty

I would simply keep it on the lunar calendar as this is kind of tradition. After all, this day was only chosen to be therianthropy day because of the happening during that full moon years and years ago, right? So it's kinda tradition and showing respect in my eyes, for that happening, causing this day. Which happened to be on a full moon. So not only is the full moon a pro to the day, and good for noctural types. But also form of carrying on tradition

besides that it's known that the fullmoon can have an influence on the human. The one sleeps less, the other more, people are more flexible cuz of the water in your body being influenced, moods can change, and even more births happen during full moons etc. I've also noticed how the full moon have an influence on somes mental state and this actually influences some therians I know. Feeling their 'animalisticness' (as I'll call it for now) more during a fullmoon. not because they're wolves or such, but perhaps as the fullmoon influences their mental state, infuencing 'shifts' and how they experience animalistic feelings?

Just an idea the last one hha, I just noticed it. And find it a pro to keeping this day on a lunar calendar.

[Image: mee_lil.png]
WOOF!
PD
2018-10-06 20:09
Save
Give Thanks
Misha Pantanal
A Feathered Biped
Theriotype: Hyacinth macaw
.$team..$team..$team.

One day we will succeed in being accepted, but the world would rather forget Therianthropy Day than check the lunar calendar to see what day it happens to fall on year after year. But I think it is something we should all celebrate. I propose that Therianthropy Day is standardised and simplified as with all other celebrated days according to the Gregorian Calendar. On 18th November 1994, the full moon was at 100% - this should be Therianthropy Day in memory of the time we first came together in person on the following weekend.

That weird hyacinth macaw lady! cawheart

My blood belongs to the sea, my heart to the sky, and my mind to the cosmos

"I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings"
2018-11-04 23:36
Save
Give Thanks
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
tick 
.$team.

I figured it was kind of like Easter or Hanukkah, which moves from year to year. I like that it moves, it shows who is paying attention.

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
2018-11-05 3:05
Save
Give Thanks
Anonymouqs
Rwar ^_^
Theriotype: Dragon
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Contribution: tick 

Wolfenoot is a rather interesting and innocent coincidence albeit annoyance. Now, to point out, there is just about a holiday for every day: https://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/november.htm Some days have multiple holidays as well.

Now, it does depend on how much movement Wolfenoot has gotten. Given that a majority of therians are wolves, well... That could bring major confusion. But noting historically, Christmas did end up replacing Saturnalia. So we could try becoming more prominent. But that could be a struggle.

Perhaps using a different basis of symbolism on choosing the date. I do understand that the Full Moon of NOvember has been used for quite a while, so change would be difficult. Maybe have two days? Therian Awareness Day? Which will be aimed at non-therians. And then Therian Day which is mainly aimed at therians.

A quick side-thought, "What about Otherkin? Should we have the name involve otherkin as well? Therian-Kin Day perhaps?"

I feel that this discussion should go beyond Therian Guide and into the other Therian Forums/Otherkin Forums.

Another side note:
I feel that we possibly might need an umbrella name for both the Therian and Otherkin Communities. TherianKin? We are similar by the fact that we believe that we are not human. It's just that Therians are the Earthly creatures. And then we have the Kith community... and possibly more.

Oh yeah I have an idea:
On that day, change your profile pic to the Theta-Delta Symbol or the Otherkin symbol and post something about therians.

Now using the moon probably caters more to canine theirans, but I don't mind.
Symbolically:
Creativity, Intuition, Wisdom

Astrologically:
Completions, Harvesting, Outpouring

Practically:
If you're gathering in the forest at night for Therian day, a full moon would aid well ^_^ Or even just a stroll in the park.

Tarot:
October 23 – November 21 Which is the Death card of the Major Arcana. Death does rarely signifies physical death, it signifies metamorphosis and new beginnings. A change into something new.

Just some quick thoughts. May or may not believe in them later. The coherence sucks XD Gotta do some math now Smile

2018-11-05 16:52
Save
Give Thanks