READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
DustWolf
Member is Online
slightly stressed wolf
Theriotype: Canis Lupus, Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
Hello,

I would just like to resolve this misunderstanding that some people have... Therian Guide is not a "safe space".

You can find more detailed explanations on this very forum, but let me clarify:

I do not say this out of malice. Therian Guide aspires to be a support group for all Therians and Therians are all kinds of people. There is no chance that everyone on TG will agree on something. We have no desire to enforce single-mindedness.

As per the rules we ask that everyone treat each-other with respect, but a part of that respect is accepting that views may differ and that everyone can be wrong. Therefore, members are free to call out bullshit if they see it. We encourage people with different views to discuss them in a civil manner if they can, because... this is what the forums and chats are for. And we can learn things and correct mistaken beliefs if we talk about them.

If you don't want your views challenged, Therian Guide might not be a place for you.

If you can't handle stuff you say, not being accepted on your word alone, you're gonna have a bad time.

[Image: D6ZHxCMXkAAoK6Y.jpg]

We expect from our members to behave in ways that are considered acceptable in society at large. We do believe that this standard should apply to any therian community.

All that said, we are of course accommodating to the needs of therians and younger people in general. If you're honest with us, TG does feel like a bit of a family.

LP,
Dusty

Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2021-10-05 0:18 by DustWolf.)
2021-10-05 0:15
Save
Give Thanks
Chocoyote
Yip yop yap!
Theriotype: Coyote
Experience: Therian
Contribution: new

RE: Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
To be honest, I don't mind my words being challenged. I do get a bit anxious when it comes to debate, but if someone has different views to me and wishes to present them, I have absolutely no problem with that, and often I'll even encourage it. I'm not a fan of communities with "hive mind" ideals, and if you make a mistake, you're the devil himself haha. Some people just have different view points, and that's not my place to tell them they're wrong.

I'd say the only time I'd be concerned with someone's "opinions" is if it challenges basic human rights, especially when it comes to race, sexuality, gender, etc. But that's my view. Usually when that happens I tend to step back and leave that topic to itself as I don't like to cause a scene.

(Love the South Park reference Wink)

Your favourite trickster!
she/her

[Image: 40455730_CTR0cBUPrvyeHUu.jpg]
2021-10-05 6:04
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Murder mittens >:3
Theriotype: Cheetah, dragon, canine.
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team.

RE: Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
I like the way that people have freedom for their own views and opinions. Sometimes things get a bit heated but it works out in the end. It's nice not to have others' opinions forced into your own speech.

I'm Bubbles. I'm what's called a Pup Representative. If you have anything you'd like to talk about that doesn't seem important enough to report to staff, tell me instead and I'll give you some advice and a helping hand.
:R:
2021-10-05 6:51
Save
Give Thanks