READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
Hello,

I would just like to resolve this misunderstanding that some people have... Therian Guide is not a "safe space".

You can find more detailed explanations on this very forum, but let me clarify:

I do not say this out of malice. Therian Guide aspires to be a support group for all Therians and Therians are all kinds of people. There is no chance that everyone on TG will agree on something. We have no desire to enforce single-mindedness.

As per the rules we ask that everyone treat each-other with respect, but a part of that respect is accepting that views may differ and that everyone can be wrong. Therefore, members are free to call out bullshit if they see it. We encourage people with different views to discuss them in a civil manner if they can, because... this is what the forums and chats are for. And we can learn things and correct mistaken beliefs if we talk about them.

If you don't want your views challenged, Therian Guide might not be a place for you.

If you can't handle stuff you say, not being accepted on your word alone, you're gonna have a bad time.

[Image: D6ZHxCMXkAAoK6Y.jpg]

We expect from our members to behave in ways that are considered acceptable in society at large. We do believe that this standard should apply to any therian community.

All that said, we are of course accommodating to the needs of therians and younger people in general. If you're honest with us, TG does feel like a bit of a family.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2021-10-05 0:18 by DustWolf.)
2021-10-05 0:15
Save
Give Thanks
Chocoyote
Yip yop yap!
Theriotype: Coyote
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

RE: Therian Guide is not a "safe space" UwU
To be honest, I don't mind my words being challenged. I do get a bit anxious when it comes to debate, but if someone has different views to me and wishes to present them, I have absolutely no problem with that, and often I'll even encourage it. I'm not a fan of communities with "hive mind" ideals, and if you make a mistake, you're the devil himself haha. Some people just have different view points, and that's not my place to tell them they're wrong.

I'd say the only time I'd be concerned with someone's "opinions" is if it challenges basic human rights, especially when it comes to race, sexuality, gender, etc. But that's my view. Usually when that happens I tend to step back and leave that topic to itself as I don't like to cause a scene.

(Love the South Park reference Wink)

Your favourite trickster!
she/her

[Image: 40455730_CTR0cBUPrvyeHUu.jpg]
2021-10-05 6:04
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Supportive human :>
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I like the way that people have freedom for their own views and opinions. Sometimes things get a bit heated but it works out in the end. It's nice not to have others' opinions forced into your own speech.

[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2021-10-05 6:51
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I agree, it's saddening when we get kids in threads (like those who lie about their age for example in order to become members here) or immature adults who can't be bothered to debate with someone without going: "Lalalala I can't hear you!" with fingers put in their ears, infuriating those who just want to talk about the topic but have a differing opinion.

I really can't stand those who make threads, not wanting others to dissent on it and end up leaving in a huff because someone dared to have a dissenting opinion.

Just a few things that people misunderstand about this forum.

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-12 9:56 by Alliana.)
2021-11-12 9:55
Save
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Nothing and no one
Theriotype: Demon wolf cat thing
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
silvertick 

Edit
Ignore... mis read what was said.

Tg is a haven for different cultures, languages, believes, skin colours, kin types, genders and everything invetween. A few jerks who's soul ambition in life is to ruin other peoples doesn't make tg unsafe.
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-12 12:12 by Syraphin Faelad.)
2021-11-12 12:09
Save
Give Thanks
AlphaLex
Away
Universal Goddess
Theriotype: Wolf/Werewolf Alien/Cheetah/Snake
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

(2021-11-12 9:55)Alliana Wrote:  I agree, it's saddening when we get kids in threads (like those who lie about their age for example in order to become members here) or immature adults who can't be bothered to debate with someone without going: "Lalalala I can't hear you!" with fingers put in their ears, infuriating those who just want to talk about the topic but have a differing opinion.

I really can't stand those who make threads, not wanting others to dissent on it and end up leaving in a huff because someone dared to have a dissenting opinion.

Just a few things that people misunderstand about this forum.

Agreed with this couldnt have said it any better (some of it is even narcissist behaviour)...some people dont understand views differ and they dont understand what its like having rules.
Rules should be followed, views are never to be one sided.
If they cant handle that well that is not our problem they should start being responsible for themselves and their actions before carrying on, its a very important lesson in life and if someone doesnt have that, well theyre a lost cause.
This forum is "therian" "guide" its for "therians" and "guidance" NOT meant to be a lil safe haven and kicking up a storm will eventually dig a hole for ya.

[Image: goddess_2.png]

A wise man will be found alone..but a weak man will be found in a crowd
PFP & Signature: AlphaLex[myself]
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-12 12:19 by AlphaLex.)
2021-11-12 12:13
Save
Give Thanks
Alone
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:

I have called TG a safe place which I mean that differently than the typical safe "space". What I mean by safe place is that the staff has a watchful eye on everything that goes on and things like bullying and harassment isn't tolerated here. I feel safe here seeing as the staff are hard at work to ensure the safety of everyone on the forum and discord server.

I love that TG isn't single minded. We are encouraged to express ourselves and I actually kinda like being challenged because it's made me more confident in who I am, as a person and a therian, and what I believe in. It's hard to find that anywhere else. Y'all are doing amazing keep it up <3
2021-11-12 12:50
Save
Give Thanks
Lenore
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:
Experience: Human

Of all the therian communities I’ve been in (Instagram, Amino, Twitter, Tumblr, like two other forums that I can’t remember), Theiran Guide has the least amount of conflict. People are incredibly respectful, even when debating. And the ability to have a place that challenges your views to make you think outside of your comfort zone, without seeming like a douchebag, is sooooo valuable.

Therian Guide isn’t a hive mind. It’s incredibly diverse in age, expression, and identity. You’re going to find people you don’t like or don’t understand. But rarely have I seen that means you don’t get along.

It feels like you’re allowed to have different opinions here. Usually, the most you get is a “why do you feel that?”. There are some outliers, but it’s not the norm. But places like Twitter, the answer you’re most often going to get is someone full out disagreeing and telling you that’s not right. People of different views and opinions can exist here. And for the individuals who don’t feel that makes TG a “safe space”, is because being around people who don’t think exactly like they do is a challenge in itself to them.

Side note: Did Dust just say “uwu”? Laugh
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-12 14:12 by Lenore.)
2021-11-12 13:34
Save
Give Thanks
Pri-viv
Copy cat
Theriotype: Fishing Cat and Pungsan Dog (Draconic)
Contribution:

That is a very good thing really, especially for a forum, which should share different views.
They help us grow, interact better, and are a lot more healthier toward yourself and others then hiding different experiences and walks of life.
It is exactly a place of guidance and self understanding that needs such actions to improve.

Other sites that silence views end up in more hatred then I have ever seen TG become.
Trying to treat places that shouldn't be a safe space as one.
Spaces that are closed and are normally focused around mental health, are typical safe spaces.
Discord and Facebook mental health groups are usually where you'll find them to be honest.
Simply because they are meant for that purpose of support and care.
Besides the word itself is more for recharge, to get away from emotional and physical harm, and to simply take a step back from criticism and discrimination.
One that can be at home or a place where your surrounding allow you to be you and let off your skin.
While this place doesn't have discrimination, where you can be yourself and be honest, and I haven't seen harm done.
Which honestly is nice to have a place that don't discriminate and you can proudly be you.

There can be criticism as it is beneficial and it isn't a place to just relax your mind.
It helps you think, take in different views and challenges, allows you to expand your mind and self understanding.
If it was a safe space i'm pretty sure criticism and debates would be cut out for drama lolz.
Or would be avoided to allow the space to be a place to recharge and relax.

However, it can be a support group as mentioned or a place that may feel safe to be open.
But by definition and goals associated it isn't a safe space nor should it.
And would hurt TG if it was.
On here that would look something like purifying, which should be avoided really.

Anyways, why come here to learn and see many experiences only to shut others voices out?
Kinda ironic. XD

It doesn't contribute to do so and really one of the best parts of learning is from your mistakes.

(PS, South Park rocks ngl)
(This post was last modified: 2021-11-12 16:53 by Pri-viv.)
2021-11-12 16:50
Save
Give Thanks
Kit Dragon
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype: No longer care

I am a gray muzzle and have experienced many things, both good and bad. I am glad I find TG because we all have something to offer each other. The level of respect here is amazing. I am sure there are the few who want to do nothing but argue. However, as a whole, the concept of being "safe" means you must also want to ensure everyone is safe, even those you disagree with. Just my 2 cents.
2021-11-12 17:28
Save
Give Thanks