READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Teen Wolves
Grey
Dragon Otherkin
Theriotype: Western Dragon
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick 

RE: Teen Wolves
Anyone who uses and abuses the terms Otherkin & Therian without knowing their meaning are seriously aggravating to the whole community.
2015-08-16 0:05
Save
Give Thanks
Calico
grey ghost
Theriotype: Cougar
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

(2015-08-16 0:05)Grey Wrote:  Anyone who uses and abuses the terms Otherkin & Therian without knowing their meaning are seriously aggravating to the whole community.

Definitely second this.

2015-08-16 0:10
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
silvertick 

I think some of these people THINK they know the meaning, but they don't. These are also the people who make YouTube videos in their teen wolf "gear," and if you ask them what Therianthropy is, they'll tell you "having the soul of an animal."
2015-08-16 1:03
Save
Give Thanks
Grey
Dragon Otherkin
Theriotype: Western Dragon

A golden one I saw today. "Otherkins are crazy people who think they are animals"

XD DX
2015-08-16 1:15
Save
Give Thanks
Kaldra Versvesh
Odd One Out
Theriotype: English Red Fox
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)

I am now frustrated in reading this post. Frustrated over teen wolves....I suppose it doesn't bother me if they're knowledgeble about themselves.

But it appears the majority is at waste. Like that one documentary they tried doing about Therianthropy with that weird kid who "barked" at the sea, it was weak for one, and fake.
They always seem to find the bad end of communities to make documentaries on.... off topic.

But that harrassment is definitely a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
2015-08-20 1:15
Save
Give Thanks
Echo
Better known as Echo
Theriotype: wolf

Personally, I do not like to wear collars. I feel restricted and like I'm being strangled in them. But I understand that most wolf therians who wear them intend to symbolize that they are canines. I wear therian and wolf jewelry myself to symbolize what I am inside. I do not know much about this community specifically, but it was a news report I saw on a wolf clique that sparked my interest in therianthropy.
2015-08-20 3:25
Save
Give Thanks
Wings of Us
Just Monika.
Theriotype: Polytherian/Polykin
Experience: Therian, Otherkin

(2015-08-16 1:15)Grey Wrote:  A golden one I saw today. "Otherkins are crazy people who think they are animals"

XD DX

My friend actually said this to me, except she said "part-animal"

Is it love if I take you, or is it love if I set you free?
And in your reality, if I don't know how to love you,
I'll leave you be.

[Image: tumblr_inline_ojb8e46Klu1uqbdys_540.png]
2015-08-20 3:59
Save
Give Thanks
Grimwulf
Night Strider
Theriotype: Werewolf
Contribution:

I've seen some Youtube videos about teen wolves/teen werewolves and 99% of them are basically just going through a phase that will fade away with time, however the 1% might actually be legit therian or otherkin and will awaken themselves. I think its rather offensive that most of them are trolls and will go off on anyone that dares to point some real facts out to them and end up giving real therians and otherkin a very bad reputation.

As for the goth style most of them appear to dress, that is most likely just something that goes along with their phase. But for legit therians and otherkin it could possibly apply to what their wolf looks like. For example, I tend to dress in all black because my fur was pitch black and I also just really love black and white lol.

And the collar and leash thing, Eh, I'm not really offended by collars and leashes, I actually kinda like them, but I can see how some therians would find them triggering. For the teen wolves/teen werewolves its most likely just another accessory or just a way to further show off that they think are of a canine species.

All in all, I don't mind them, but if they decide to harass, bully, or just be flat out offensive, then ill have a problem. But other than that I haven't had any problems with them.
2015-08-20 13:17
Save
Give Thanks
Kharodine
Copy cat
Theriotype: Unknown
Experience: (therian?)

Teen Wolves
I don't have anything against teen wolves, unless when they call themselves therians and spread misinformation (which so many of them do).

(Username changed from Rinali Nolai)

~Am I going home? Will I hear someone, singing solace to the silent moon?~
2015-08-20 19:01
Save
Give Thanks
Betalith
New
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:

Teen Wolves
It makes me angry that teen wolf and wolfkin are often spoken in the same sentence. We arn't all gothic, wear leashes etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015-09-18 16:36
Save
Give Thanks