READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Reactions to type based on stereotypes?
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
.$team.

RE: Reactions to type based on stereotypes?
Heh. May have to watch me some cartoons later, @StarDolphinWink

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
2017-11-02 14:59
Save
Give Thanks
Meridian
Somewhat slightly dazed
Theriotype: Great Cormorant
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 

I've never told anyone of my therianthropy outside anonymity, but belted kingfishers aren't exactly a well-known species. Laugh

Phalacrocorax carbo | INTP | 5w4 | bi & polyam
"And there were so many fewer questions
When stars were still just the holes to heaven"
2017-11-02 19:53
Save
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 

(2017-08-12 18:52)WolfVanZandt Wrote:  Many of the Werewolves I've known tend to smell like wet dogs when they get wet. I suspect that it's just that human musk smells like dog musk but the musk has been bred out of most humans.

Welp, you'd know me if you ever smelled me. I'm wet more than I'm dry due to my job and I always smell like wet dog. Love that smell..

(2017-11-02 13:55)LouGarou Wrote:  People who know me learn quickly that I am COMPLETELY OBSESSED with animal behavior. Specifically canines. Even more specifically, coyotes. So while most people have no idea about therianthropy, they associate me with coyotes because I never shut up about them and I eat roadkill. Oops.

And obsessed with sniffing for bones and can find a carcass like you've got a built in radar, haha. You are definitely the most coy-ish animal person I've ever met. ^_^

(2017-11-02 14:15)BearX Wrote:  I don't know if I've been pigeonholed due to my type. I have a sort of bearish shape, so folks typically rib me about that and I can give the impression of being a little overly folksy and casual. However, Yogi is closer to my personality than say Baloo, if one has to pick bear stereotypes.
So, generally reactions have been positive and folks have felt that I fit bear, certainly better than any other critter.

* LycanTheory snickers and resists urge to bring up the AC incident yet again Laugh

On the steriotypical wolf side -

I'm scary looking... Boo! Tongue

I am very spirited and stubborn and have been described as being "independent to a fault".

I'm very skeptical of humans in general

On both sides -

I've got a menacing bite.

I'm dangerous.

On the steriotypical shepherd dog side -

I'm extremely loyal and will often place myself at a disadvantage for those I care about to be happy.

I'm warm.

I'm very skeptical of humans I don't know.

I'm obsessively protective, to the point where I'm always watching out for potential threats.

Will beg for food.

I become destructive if left alone for a long time.

I love peanut butter Tongue

Lyc
2017-11-02 20:06
Save
Give Thanks
MapacheAstuto
Away
Rat of The Year
Theriotype: Siamese Dalmatian Dwarf Dumbo Rat
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

when i’ve told some people, they always thought of “sogga”, the serval meme. don’t really mind it lol cause i kinda like the meme too Laugh

[Image: IMG-1210.png]
2022-11-27 23:44
Save
Give Thanks
Copperwazere
Pup
Theriotype: Dragon/Darwins Fox/Grey Fox
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: new

Whenever I say that I am a Darwin’s fox therian, one of two things usually happen: they’ll either think that I’m joking and ask for the “real answer” or they won’t know what a Darwin’s fox is, and I’ll have to explain it.
If I tell them I’m dragon otherkin, they’ll usually think otherkin is fake.
It really sucks lol
2024-01-29 23:06
Save
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae

(2017-04-04 0:49)StarDolphin Wrote:  Lets say youve told some one (whether it kin or non kin) u are a therian. They are processing the whole "being an animal on the inside " concept, and then ask what animal you are. And once you say what animal you are they have a second reaction.

I am pretty sure that if I told someone my therian type was a demon they may nod and smile lightly all the while slowly backing away thinking that I follow the fictional Lucifer or some other fictional demon. Years and years ago I thought it was dragon and I am sure the reaction would not be much better; they'd still look at me sideways thinking I go around roaring, hoarding jewels and gold and hiding in a dark corner.

I don't know if any aspect of myself mirrors my 'demonid' self...I like to be alone but not lonely or isolated, I mean..having another person around is ideal just so long as either of us doesn't feel obligated to always interact. I don't know if my disdain for overhead lights in favor of ambient lighting like lanterns and stuff means anything too but anyway I don't think revealing my therian self to others, even family would necessarily be a good idea.

2024-01-30 3:30
Save
Give Thanks
Clownie_on_Pawzz
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Black Timberwolf, Feline Clado (+kintypes in bio)
Connection: Psychological
.$team..$team..$team.

Okay so we all know the whole ‘alpha wolf’ thing right?

It’s not correct and it makez me so mad

Because
A.) That study was done on wolvez in captivity. for comparison, that’s like studying human behavior by shoving a bunch of random humanz into a room and seeing what happenz. (So basically school)

And B.) those wolvez weren’t even from the same pack! that’s like studying human behavior by shoving a bunch of random strangerz (or more accurately; enemiez) into a room and seeing what happenz… and that’z worse!

It pissez me off to no end, considering how incorrect it is. Even the creator of the study himself is trying to stop the misinformation!

Wolf packs are like families; not the ultra-competitive alpha-comes-first misshapen mess people make it out to be.
(Also the ‘alpha male’ thing is really funny in this context. “I go alone and am in charge” yea right “I protect my family with my life” that’z more like it)

Rant over :3

Not gone, just resting Smile I’ll be more active in summer!!
(This post was last modified: 2024-02-01 1:32 by Clownie_on_Pawzz.)
2024-02-01 1:31
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2024-02-01 1:31)Moonie Wrote:  Okay so we all know the whole ‘alpha wolf’ thing right?

It’s not correct and it makez me so mad

Because
A.) That study was done on wolvez in captivity. for comparison, that’s like studying human behavior by shoving a bunch of random humanz into a room and seeing what happenz. (So basically school)

And B.) those wolvez weren’t even from the same pack! that’s like studying human behavior by shoving a bunch of random strangerz (or more accurately; enemiez) into a room and seeing what happenz… and that’z worse!

It pissez me off to no end, considering how incorrect it is. Even the creator of the study himself is trying to stop the misinformation!

Wolf packs are like families; not the ultra-competitive alpha-comes-first misshapen mess people make it out to be.
(Also the ‘alpha male’ thing is really funny in this context. “I go alone and am in charge” yea right “I protect my family with my life” that’z more like it)

Rant over :3

On that topic, the guy who created the alpha-wolf term regretted and tried to correct people but it seems like it spread too far and now tons of people think of wolves this way, saddening. =/

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
2024-02-05 2:00
Save
Give Thanks
Ashoka
Tufty Kitty
Theriotype: Lynx
.$team.

I don't really know if there are any stereotypes about lynxes specifically, but the stereotypes of cats being jerks and mean definitely don't fit me. I also don't quite fit the "loner" mentality very well. I like having my friends and being social, just that I don't have many very close ones. The friends I do have I am very close to though.

2024-02-17 22:38
Save
Give Thanks
VillainousArchie
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: look at bio or ask <3
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team.

(2024-02-17 22:38)Ashoka Wrote:  I don't really know if there are any stereotypes about lynxes specifically, but the stereotypes of cats being jerks and mean definitely don't fit me. I also don't quite fit the "loner" mentality very well. I like having my friends and being social, just that I don't have many very close ones. The friends I do have I am very close to though.

Same! Cats are most definitely not jerks, I hate that stereotype.

PM about commissions please- I drew my pfp
♡*⁠。.Eater of Walls.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

https://en.pronouns.page/@RaiBreadtag
2024-02-17 22:44
Save
Give Thanks