READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

New rule 23
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

New rule 23
Hello,

The TG staff have decided to add a new rule to our Community rules of conduct:

rules Wrote:23. Pups (users under 16 years old) are not allowed to discuss romantic relationships (whether with other members or in their IRL lives) anywhere on TG. Violating this rule will lead to warnings and eventually bans.

The addition of this rule represents a change in how the staff will deal with these issues going forward, so I posted this announcement to make extra sure that the pups are aware of this new rule, so that it doesn't seem unfair when we start enforcing it.

Just to be extra clear "anywhere on TG" includes private shouts, journals, the life issues and support forum, signatures, everything. As with all rules, teams might have exceptions, discuss that with the team leader.

Basically, there seems to be a recent trend going on with pups (usually age around 13) "dating" people and so forth. The discussions regarding it range from pups calling innocent associations with friends "polyamory", to maintaining stalking journals over unrequited love, to some pups "dating" off-site people with enormous age gaps and dramatic breakups leading to pups posting about self-harm.

I realise that romantic relationships are a part of life and that as young therians, you don't always know exactly where the border between human instinct and animal instinct is, and that talking about animal instincts is very much the subject for Therian Guide... However the amount of problems these discussions have created on the site, are making it difficult for people to even see discussions about actual therianthropy, through all the drama. Not to mention so much of the content created this way really skirts the other rules, which all exist for good reasons.

As such, if romantic relationships are the main thing you are after as a pup on this site, I would politely ask you to find a different community where such discussions are more appropriate. Therian Guide is an educational website on the topic of therianthropy.

I realise through our previous discussions in the staff journal, that there are some of you who really won't like this, but I've considered all the alternatives and at this point this is the best compromise I can think of.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2024-04-16 11:12 by DustWolf.)
2024-04-16 8:34
Save
Give Thanks
StormyPica
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic cat, Arborii
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: New rule 23
Even though I was someone who feared this strict of a ban… thank you Dusty and mod team. I realize that this stuff, while it may not be an issue with me (or it may, not sure), is a huge issue with many other pups. So I am more than ok with it.

"I want to live my life, be all of it's pages. And underline that I am not an angel."
-AURORA

He/They
Domestic cat | Arborii (alien species) | Domestic cat, crow, parrot, and rock creature hearted | more info in bio
2024-04-16 10:38
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

I've updated the list of "everything" examples.

If any of you have questions about this rule feel free to ask in this thread.

LP,
Dusty

2024-04-16 11:12
Save
Give Thanks
VillainousArchie
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: look at bio or ask <3
.$team..$team.

Like Pica, I was originally afraid of this rule, but now much less drama should be happening and I am very grateful.

Quick question:
For people who have their partner(s) listed in their bio or signature, such as myself; would we have to delete that bit so it no longer says so?

PM about commissions please- pfp by @Rainshine1220
♡✨。.Eater of Walls.⁠。⁠✨♡

https://en.pronouns.page/@RaiBreadtag
2024-04-16 11:21
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

(2024-04-16 11:21)VillainousArchie Wrote:  For people who have their partner(s) listed in their bio or signature, such as myself; would we have to delete that bit so it no longer says so?

We would prefer that part to be omitted, until you are at least 16.

As mentioned in the staff journal beforehand, the goal is to not have these topics come up while discussing stuff with friends on TG, that way we can also prevent the drama that comes from it. This means removing the conversations about it from this place as much as possible. So... signatures too.

Someone also asked about displays of affection, so: Displaying platonic affection is okay, but displaying romantic affection is not, as per this rule.

Obviously it's no secret that I display platonic affection a lot, so that should clarify about what is allowed and hopefully also explain why. Basically I don't see anything out of place about expressing platonic affection among therians on TG, because as animals we would have done the same thing and it would have been completely PG-13. On the other hand, displaying romantic affection is not okay because it's not PG-13.

LP,
Dusty

(This post was last modified: 2024-04-16 11:30 by DustWolf.)
2024-04-16 11:24
Save
Give Thanks
Kida_TheFluffball
Away
✨gLiTtEr✨
Theriotype: Check Bio
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I honestly like this idea. I have lost a few friends over these topics even when trying to explain to someone that TG is an educational place.. Thank you Dusty. Smile

[Image: 9-C137-F24-651-E-401-F-9-F21-C27-E00-B65-B48.jpg]
2024-04-16 11:37
Save
Give Thanks
S. Onyx
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: Check Bio
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

Understood, Dusty. I'll remove it from my bio right away.

And she was always cold toward bats, too, and could not bear them; and yet I think a bat is as friendly a bird as there is
- Mark Twain

Any pronouns (including neo) except she/her
:ff2:
Feel free to PM, PS, or ping me anytime!
(This post was last modified: 2024-04-16 12:26 by S. Onyx.)
2024-04-16 11:38
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Human

Thank you Dusty! I've come to despise western culture with its preoccupation with sex, and capitalists perverting and exploiting human animal instincts for their profits. My parents' sexual immorality contributed to my trauma, so I would argue it does real harm to society and not only drama.

previously a wolf spirit
2024-04-16 13:18
Save
Give Thanks
jayfeather
Pup
Theriotype: Snow leopard, (might be) Ferret
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
.$team.

for some reason i feel like i played apart in making this become a rule..
other than that this is a really god idea, I've seen way to much drama about relationships here and have gotten quite tired of it

I'm about to remove my "mates" section on my signature after I post this ^^

Pfp made by @Rainshine1220
2024-04-16 13:43
Save
Give Thanks
RustedSky
✨Glittering Disappointment✨
Theriotype: Usagimimi, Bunny, Cat(?)
.$team..$team.

Just asking this to clarify.
As im now 16, I am allowed to discuss romantic relationships in my journal (IRL relationships/crushes that is). And if so, should I spoiler it due to those under 16? Of so how do I spoiler a post
Please correct me if im wrong.

Your favorite Celery Croncher

I go by Jay, Jaymie, Rust, Nyx, or Skye

Pronouns Page
2024-04-16 13:44
Save
Give Thanks