READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

New rule 23
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: New rule 23

(2024-04-17 19:53)grays Wrote:  I have some older journal entries that talk about romantic relationships. Need I delete those?

The rule does not apply into the past of course, but if you think the posts might encourage drama, we can archive the thread.

(2024-04-18 1:04)Shipaxe Wrote:  Actually, now that I think about it, how does this apply to silly crushes on fictional characters? Is that exempt?

The rule does not say it but yes, it's supposed to also mean romantic relationships with fictional characters... as messed up as that is as a concept.

(2024-04-18 1:49)Gretel_is_alive Wrote:  1. If non-pups are talking about romantic relationships, should pups refrain from joining that conversation?

Yes, you should avoid joining into conversations that might cause you to break the rules.

It's also not allowed for the older members to trick you into it, obviously.

(2024-04-18 1:49)Gretel_is_alive Wrote:  2. Are pups allowed to join in on the conversation of romantic relationships if the subject was brought up by an older member.

No because that would mean you breaking the rules.

(2024-04-18 1:49)Gretel_is_alive Wrote:  3. Can pups pm other members about romantic relationships to one another if they need help (Irl relationships since online are not allowed for pups).

I understand what you mean, but unfortunately it looks like the rule does not allow that.

(2024-04-18 1:49)Gretel_is_alive Wrote:  4. How many warnings do pups get if they break the rule multiply times?

These conditions are the same as with all rules. Each minor rule violation gives you 1 warning point, each major rule violation gives you 2. Once you have 4 warning points, you get banned. Warnings are currently permanent, so you can see them in % in people's profiles.

How serious a rule violation is, is up to the staff to decide, but we're generally very reasonable and will give verbal warnings and make sure you understand what you did wrong, before resorting to disciplinary action. All staff care about you guys, so they wouldn't just ban you out of the blue.

(2024-04-18 1:49)Gretel_is_alive Wrote:  5. And on already exciting posts talking about partners, etc. Do those need to be edited/deleted though they happened before the rule was implied.

See above.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2024-04-20 9:18 by DustWolf.)
2024-04-20 9:06
Save
Give Thanks
Gretel_is_alive
Pup
Theriotype: Check bio
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:
.$team..$team.

Thank you Dusty, for taking the time to answer my questions.

"Humans keep evolving, but keep get dumber" - Gretel
2024-04-20 16:11
Save
Give Thanks
AvisTheDutchie
♡Moss Entity♡
Theriotype: Golden Retriever, Dutch Angel Dragon, Silver Fox
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

The reduced drama is appreciated, thanks Dusty!
(cant help but be heartbroken, as I cannot talk to a certain person the way I used to.)

I would assume once you turn 16 this rule no longer applies and you are able to discuss freely?

2024-04-24 14:20
Save
Give Thanks
KoCaF_on_Pawrs
Away
Pup
Theriotype: candian marble fox, red fox, ocelot (dragon?)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

Okay, two things.

1. I feel like a lot of the things that happened to make this rule a thing went against the rules. (1.4, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.15, 2.18) and im sure some others, which is a problem in itself I think. While many of those are minute issues and can be broken easily and by accident, it becomes an issue when it happens repeatedly. (Not trying to mini-mod, simply stating). I don't really have anywhere to go with this, just wanted to point it out.

2.Could pups talk about if their parents/friends got a new partner and just like leave it at that?

Pupporter of everyone!(with exceptions)

The people I trust and love(/p?) the most: @SunnyDelta_On_Pawrs @katzzpawzz

Pawrs against Paws! Join the rebellion! (Rebellion Officer)
2024-04-26 22:19
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

(2024-04-24 14:20)AvisTheDutchie Wrote:  I would assume once you turn 16 this rule no longer applies and you are able to discuss freely?

Assuming the other person is 16 as well, of course.

Otherwise it is not allowed to bait people into breaking the rule by being older yourself.

(2024-04-26 22:19)KoCaF_on_Pawrs Wrote:  1. I feel like a lot of the things that happened to make this rule a thing went against the rules. (1.4, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.15, 2.18) and im sure some others, which is a problem in itself I think. While many of those are minute issues and can be broken easily and by accident, it becomes an issue when it happens repeatedly. (Not trying to mini-mod, simply stating). I don't really have anywhere to go with this, just wanted to point it out.

As you can see, the staff are fairly forgiving when there are reasonable explanations why people do what they do.

(2024-04-26 22:19)KoCaF_on_Pawrs Wrote:  2.Could pups talk about if their parents/friends got a new partner and just like leave it at that?

I struggle to envision a circumstance where this would come up and be like distinct from a platonic relationship or otherwise.

I'd say if you mention something where it's impossible to tell that the relationship you're talking about is not platonic, it's okay. So... you can't talk about your parents kissing, but you can talk about them living together or not.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2024-04-29 19:26 by DustWolf.)
2024-04-29 19:19
Save
Give Thanks