READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

New rule 23
StormyPica
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic cat, Arborii
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: New rule 23

(2024-04-16 13:18)Tdae Wrote:  Thank you Dusty! I've come to despise western culture with its preoccupation with sex, and capitalists perverting and exploiting human animal instincts for their profits. My parents' sexual immorality contributed to my trauma, so I would argue it does real harm to society and not only drama.

Tdae, this really isn't about sex... you can have a romantic relationship without any sexual stuff, and I have yet to see any sexual stuff on here, even with the number of romantic relationships.

"I want to live my life, be all of it's pages. And underline that I am not an angel."
-AURORA

He/They
Domestic cat | Arborii (alien species) | Domestic cat, crow, parrot, and rock creature hearted | more info in bio
2024-04-16 13:45
Save
Give Thanks
StormyPica
Member is Online
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

Not trying to start an argument, just PLEASE don't make this about sex, especially since this rule is specifically or pups. It's weird and kind of creepy that sex was the first thing that popped to mind when you read this.

"I want to live my life, be all of it's pages. And underline that I am not an angel."
-AURORA

He/They
Domestic cat | Arborii (alien species) | Domestic cat, crow, parrot, and rock creature hearted | more info in bio
2024-04-16 13:49
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Hi,

(2024-04-16 13:44)RustedSky Wrote:  Just asking this to clarify.
As im now 16, I am allowed to discuss romantic relationships in my journal (IRL relationships/crushes that is). And if so, should I spoiler it due to those under 16? Of so how do I spoiler a post
Please correct me if im wrong.

Being 16, you can discuss romantic relationships freely in your journal or elsewhere.

My comment in shoutbox regarding not doing it with pups was meant more like.. don't have conversations with pups on romantic topics in shoutbox, etc. Obviously this also applies to not making journal content on romantic relationship topics that involve pups on TG.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2024-04-16 13:51
Save
Give Thanks
RustedSky
Member is Online
✨Glittering Disappointment✨
Theriotype: Usagimimi, Bunny, Cat(?)
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team.

(2024-04-16 13:51)DustWolf Wrote:  Hi,

(2024-04-16 13:44)RustedSky Wrote:  Just asking this to clarify.
As im now 16, I am allowed to discuss romantic relationships in my journal (IRL relationships/crushes that is). And if so, should I spoiler it due to those under 16? Of so how do I spoiler a post
Please correct me if im wrong.

Being 16, you can discuss romantic relationships freely in your journal or elsewhere.

My comment in shoutbox regarding not doing it with pups was meant more like.. don't have conversations with pups on romantic topics in shoutbox, etc. Obviously this also applies to not making journal content on romantic relationship topics that involve pups on TG.

LP,
Dusty

Thanks for clarifying

Your favorite Celery Croncher

I go by Jay, Jaymie, Rust, Nyx, or Skye

Pronouns Page
2024-04-16 13:53
Save
Give Thanks
Ziggy Zag
Pup
Theriotype: Cat, Border Collie, Macaw, Horse

WOOO!! Sorry for my unprofessional reply to this, but this has honestly been something that I’ve been yearning for for a while in secret. It’s not because of any personal negativity towards other pups, but rather a belief that we’re all too young for this. It just causes too much drama. Even if I’m not exactly 12 or 13, we’re all still wayyy too young to know what dating is even like. I still respect those who choose to, but it’s a topic that I believe has added a touch of uncomfortablity here to TG. Anyways, sorry if this was rude, but all I’m trying to say is, thanks Dusty

✰Ziggy/Charli!✰
◦Border Collie, Macaw, Horse, & Catkin
◦Cheetahhearted
◦Worm on a string lover
◦She/her
2024-04-16 14:01
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

(2024-04-16 13:49)StormyPica Wrote:  Not trying to start an argument, just PLEASE don't make this about sex, especially since this rule is specifically or pups. It's weird and kind of creepy that sex was the first thing that popped to mind when you read this.

For adults, the main thing that sets romantic relationships apart from other kinds of relationships is sex.

This, and the point that up until now the pups that have been discussing romantic relationships were all too young to appreciate this aspect of dating, is in a large part the reason why we decided to ban pups from discussing romantic relationships on TG.

At that age, there is nothing in dating that couldn't be accomplished with normal platonic relationships, outside of the misconception, that you must do it because adults do it. I'm talking about specific Kats here. I hope you guys find more healthy ways to deal with your insecurities.

LP,
Dusty

2024-04-16 14:15
Save
Give Thanks
StormyPica
Member is Online
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-04-16 14:15)DustWolf Wrote:  

(2024-04-16 13:49)StormyPica Wrote:  Not trying to start an argument, just PLEASE don't make this about sex, especially since this rule is specifically or pups. It's weird and kind of creepy that sex was the first thing that popped to mind when you read this.

For adults, the main thing that sets romantic relationships apart from other kinds of relationships is sex.

This, and the point that up until now the pups that have been discussing romantic relationships were all too young to appreciate this aspect of dating, is in a large part the reason why we decided to ban pups from discussing romantic relationships on TG.

At that age, there is nothing in dating that couldn't be accomplished with normal platonic relationships, outside of the misconception, that you must do it because adults do it. I'm talking about specific Kats here. I hope you guys find more healthy ways to deal with your insecurities.

LP,
Dusty

I have no clue what you mean, as the reasons you listed are not why I am in a romantic relationship... I was simply stating that an adult jumping right to sex when they see this is kind of weird. Sure, that may be how it is for adults, but that does not carry over to most pups, so it shouldn't even have been brought up IMO.

-AURORA

He/They
2024-04-16 14:21
Save
Give Thanks
katzzpawzz
Pup
Theriotype: Golden Retriever, White Cat
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2024-04-16 14:15)DustWolf Wrote:  At that age, there is nothing in dating that couldn't be accomplished with normal platonic relationships, outside of the misconception, that you must do it because adults do it. I'm talking about specific Kats here. I hope you guys find more healthy ways to deal with your insecurities.

LP,
Dusty

dusty, wdym by "kats"? are you talking about me? and if so, what did i do?

2024-04-16 18:56
Save
Give Thanks
SpicyWaffles
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: Eurasian Red Squirrel, Ferret, Crow, Weasel-Kin
.$team..$team..$team.

I have a quick question:

Is it OK for us to have our TG parents in our signatures/bios? I ask this because our TG parents are typically "together."

Thanks,
Kaito

[Image: Untitled8-20240402133932.png]

Member of the Moth Gang

Signature by @Ashoka
PFP by @Taka
2024-04-16 19:50
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

(2024-04-16 19:50)SpicyWaffles Wrote:  Is it OK for us to have our TG parents in our signatures/bios? I ask this because our TG parents are typically "together."

Normally I'd say there is no issue with the pretend parents / siblings stuff, because they are clear innocent platonic associations. However I think indicating romantic associations between pretend parents would not be allowed, if you or they are a pup (under 16 years old).

LP,
Dusty

2024-04-16 20:03
Save
Give Thanks