READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Are therian hunters real?
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
Experience: Therian
silvertick 

RE: Are therian hunters real?
I follow her on Instagram, holy fuck.

She's one of those people who makes her life about Therianthropy, apparently has lots of shifts every day, loves tails, goes on outings with her pack, etc etc. I know her account is a Therianthropy-centric one, but still it seems like pretty much everything in her life has to do with Therianthropy.

I'm sure she's a decent person, but part of me hopes she'll grow out of most of this one day.

(2016-06-19 17:40)Nirahlaas Wrote:  You should put the link to the video up. I'd like to hear what context they are talking about. If you're open and public about being a Therian, you are always going to receive ridicule and sometimes harassment. Maybe they just came up with a fancy term to call people who bully others for being Therian.

This is the kind of person she is.

Lots of pics in the spoiler

(This post was last modified: 2016-06-20 0:04 by Neon Rosettes.)
2016-06-19 23:55
Save
Give Thanks
Neema
Away
Bull of Baboons
Theriotype: Striped hyena & Olive baboon
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2016-06-19 23:55)Wayward Vagabond Wrote:  I follow her on Instagram, holy fuck.

She's one of those people who makes her life about Therianthropy, apparently has lots of shifts every day, loves tails, goes on outings with her pack, etc etc. I know her account is a Therianthropy-centric one, but still it seems like pretty much everything in her life has to do with Therianthropy.

Not surprised at all tbh

2016-06-20 0:11
Save
Give Thanks
Nirahlaas
Femme Fatale
Theriotype: Faewolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 

I now follow her Instagram for my daily laugh. If anyone has an Instagram, I'm on there too. Same name there and here.

They stare at me, while I stare at you.
I crave you.
2016-06-20 4:30
Save
Give Thanks
Nirahlaas
Femme Fatale
Theriotype: Faewolf
Contribution: tick tick 

I just watched the video and it sounds like she just gave people who bully Therians for being Therian, a fancy name. Which wouldn't help the situation to start calling them that anyway. She just glorified the whole idea of attacking a specific group of individuals.

She sounds like a "know-it-all." Type of person. I'm going to watch some other videos of hers now.

They stare at me, while I stare at you.
I crave you.
2016-06-20 14:07
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Warning. Personal opinion ahead.

I've seen Ashpaw's videos before, and I'm sure she's a good person- but I find a lot of her information to be a bit...elitist. As in, what she knows is all that matters and she is what she is and that's all she cares about. Because of this she doesn't always provide the most direct and accepted information, and instead spotlights things that are also misguided, or completely torn out from the fluffy community.

I'm not sure if this is for views, fans, or what - but she takes "being herself" to a whole new level that doesn't even have to do with Therianthropy. I've seen her in youtube comments encouraging people who say they can Physically Shift (I've only seen a comment like that once, maybe twice but the seccond was indirect,) so...with all that said, she's an amusing Fluffy in my eyes.

Why is she amusing?

Because she's so believable to the public.
Actually believable, not the ones who purposefully get down on all fours and hiss so you know they're faking. Ashpaw is one of those that actually play it smart (Whether conscious or subconscious,) so that if you don't know what Therianthropy is - or if you're new to it, then you'll be confused very fast and not want to open your mind to the facts. Well played, Ashpaw, well played.
2016-06-20 23:49
Save
Give Thanks
HostilePopcorn
A Growling Heifer
Theriotype: Bison (unicorn-hearted)
Contribution:

Don't get me wrong - irl 'therian hunters' are just inflated, regular bullies. But online otherkin... well, 'hunters' is inaccurate... online otherkin harassers are very much a thing. They're mainly just annoying, and I have yet to see one actually harm any alterhuman people, but they do exist.

They seem to primarily gather on Tumblr and Reddit, where they basically just make fun of otherkinity (which I consider fine - you do you) or harass both otherkin and tumblrkin (not fine). One person I follow on tumblr recently got into quite a heated argument (more of a yelling match, really). I hope I'm not breaking etiquette by linking her account, so all y'all can see just how exhausting online hunters/anti-kin can be. https://who-is-page.tumblr.com/post/149593549204/

You're probably all aware of this already, but nevertheless, it's current and related. :deerP

[Image: ikke_n12.jpg]
“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
2016-08-28 20:09
Save
Give Thanks
Renata
Once, TWICE!
Theriotype: Wolf and barn owl kin, fae kith
silvertick silvertick silvertick 

*rolls eyes so far back into skull they come out from the back* why would someone name bullies therian hunters???? Like jfc not everything therian related has to have a damn name! Anyways I have actually heard about this therian conspiracy about government people wanting to harvest therian blood. A member who is no longer active told me about it. She said she heard it on another forum. We both agreed it was ridiculous. Anyways yeah there are bullies, unfortunately that's the sad reality. I wish it weren't but it is.

*I know how to make the Devil cry*

2016-08-29 0:51
Save
Give Thanks
that-one-err0r
Crooked Cryptid
Theriotype: Cryptid
Experience: Otherkin
tick 

(2016-08-29 0:51)Renata Wrote:  Anyways yeah there are bullies, unfortunately that's the sad reality. I wish it weren't but it is.

Same. There are always bullies. For most (all) communities, there are always people that bully them.

Adam | It/He | 21 | Autistic
ISTJ-T | Chaotic Neutral
Otherkin | Fictionkin | Animalhearted

"As the boy layed there dormant,
all of his humanity drained into a murky puddle."
2016-08-29 0:55
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
silvertick 

So anyone new to the thread sees it:

[Image: JdQs9FO.jpg]
2016-08-29 2:01
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
silvertick 
.$team.

First, I second Neon 100%
Second, Fluff alert.
Third, i know I already replied, but...come on guys. Seriously? Why would anyone even entertain this...?
I need to know~!

And lastly, just for fun let's think about this for a second.

Slightly funny off topic thought (Click to View)
2016-08-29 2:29
Save
Give Thanks