READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

About Therian Gear
MayFox
Resident vixen
Theriotype: Red Fox
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

RE: About Therian Gear
I’m going to buy an Arctic fox tail some time soon. I feel like it will help bring me closer to my theriotype.

I am May. I am autistic, so please be patient with me. Fox
2022-10-30 16:39
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I never like dressing up other than getting wolf shirts anyway. People just assume I love wolves and I just leave it at that. Smile

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
2022-10-31 0:29
Save
Give Thanks
CrystalAvian
✦ Creature of many Kinds! ✦
Theriotype: Eusrasian/Coastal wolf, Ikran, Piebald raven
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 

(2017-06-10 18:36)BearX Wrote:  I have a necklace made from a black bear claw. In case you are concerned, the bear had been hit by a car, it was not killed to make the necklace. It is the closest I come to having accessories. Having an item of bearish origin on my person makes me feel closer, spiritually, to my kin.

Yesss, i also find having something that reminds me of my theriotype helps a lot. I dont have much, but I do have a dragon and a wolf necklace, they both help me feel more connected depending on which one i wear.

glad to see that the bear claw has been put to good use after its death <33

- Apollo

•·✦º✦·» Are you ready to have the next two minutes of your life completely wasted by ME?? :] «·✦º✦·•

Current Kintypes: Eurasian wolf, Coastal wolf, Piebald raven, Ikran, Dragon Cladotherian
2022-12-06 11:33
Save
Give Thanks
Eleu
Pup
Theriotype: Crossfox, merfolk, fictionkin, Dragon, tanager

I hope to paint my mask soon, and I like it because I can actually see a snout when I feel one, and it has lil' bell that- *gling gling* OwO. Else I just want to have gears to see my physical self look more like my "real" self. It's always weird to look in the mirror and be like- "Oh yes, that's me I forgot.".

My soul yearn for the night
The night is a place of freedom
Of non-judgment
Of fresh air
Of calm
Of animals
Of therians.
Eleuther/SelfdiagnosedAuDHD/System
2023-03-15 10:14
Save
Give Thanks
JAX
Away
Pup
Theriotype: polytherian and jax fictionkin
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

(2017-06-10 18:11)DustWolf Wrote:  Hey,

I wear very functional clothing and kinda hate kitsch, which is exactly what most of this stuff is. So I would never wear it, not the least because I don't want people getting strange ideas about my therianthropy because of it.

As far as it allowing me to experience my therianthropy better, I think the only thing that'd work for me would be wolf ears or a wolf tail I could actually consciously move. You know, for expression. As far as I know, nothing such exists today.

LP,
Dusty

dusty there's the tail company if you want an animatronic tail

"Be carefulwho you trust Sargent, even the people you love the most can hurt you" -Ghost CoD
2023-05-12 14:27
Save
Give Thanks
OrdinaryDragon
Pup
Theriotype: Dragonkin, Wolf, Maine Coon, Polymorph
Contribution:

I love gear when I'm feeling particularly shifty and just to express myself! It's also just super fun. I do see quite a few children on tiktok though who seem to think that gear is what makes them a therian? It's quite strange but I'm guessing they just get confused with therians and furries. Either way, gear is awesome!
2023-08-03 3:24
Save
Give Thanks
Trever_The_OutcastX3
Away
Pup
Theriotype: New Jersey Devil - Wendigo- Zombie - Lykoi - Otter
.$team..$team.

I have gear of my own, only masks though, I painted them and all X3 I think its fun. And it helps me connect with my theriotypes. Because its one of the things I can actually do, without my parents wondering etcetc. Though Gear doesn't make you a therian.

I would smite them if I could. Mortality blows." -Apollo

Trever X 13 X He/they X Chaotic Netrual X INFP-T X Audhd
2023-08-03 19:38
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Pup
Theriotype: coyote, cat, rodent?, bird?
Experience: Therian
.$team.

I'm very glad this is a thread, I think more people need to understand it.

I only have one tail that I wear and only rarely. I make animal masks but don't exactly consider them gear since they're not of my theriotypes most of the time. I have lots of shirts and accessories with animals on them, and I love to have those to express my identity.

Run fast, be safe, live free.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2023-08-03 19:47
Save
Give Thanks
Ziggy Zag
Pup
Theriotype: Cat, Border Collie, Camelot Macaw

Great statement! I feel a lot of newer therians need to know this.

That being said though…I am a bit of a “gear person” myself. I would love to make a tail, and I love making animal masks. Though some of the masks are not of my theriotypes, I love making them because it’s fun and creative, and sometimes helps me connect to my “animal side”. ^_^
2023-08-04 16:56
Save
Give Thanks
Shipaxe
Pup
Theriotype: Nonhuman

I have a bit of gear! (Faux) fox ears and a fox tail. I also have a black cat tail and wanna get more ears (including some without matching tails) just because I like them. I wear collars but I wouldn’t consider them gear in my case, I’m just alt. Wearing my gear just makes me feel nice lol. I don’t usually wear it that in public, though.
I kind of want masks, but not completely in a gear sort of way; I just like to dress up & masks are fun to make and wear

,,Keep your mind on ice and your heart on fire.’’
2023-10-13 14:15
Save
Give Thanks