READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

About Therian Gear
hotdogwolf
It’s Aliens
Theriotype: North American Timber Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: About Therian Gear
Question. What would be considered going ''to far'' with of wearing Therian gear.? If there is such a thing as going to far. About the only thing I could thing of is stalking cat. Not to say that what he was doing was wrong but I can't see myself doing something like what he did. What is everyone else take on it.?
2018-09-10 18:34
Save
Give Thanks
Moon-Moon
Away
Honorary Wolf, exZOItic
Theriotype: Borzoi Dog/Russian Wolfhound|| Wolf & Fox Kith
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick 

(2018-09-10 18:34)hotdogwolf Wrote:  Question. What would be considered going ''to far'' with of wearing Therian gear.? If there is such a thing as going to far. About the only thing I could thing of is stalking cat. Not to say that what he was doing was wrong but I can't see myself doing something like what he did. What is everyone else take on it.?

"Going too far" is subjective to opinion, to be honest. Personally for me, a lot of body modifications such as splitting your tongue to be forked or tattooing cheetah pattern all over your body is going too far, but too another person, this might be just what they need to help with their dysphoria. I don't feel like wearing therian themed clothing is too much, not any worse than someone wearing pride colors at least. I personally have my eyes on that Therianthropy hoodie in the points shop 0w0

Pfp by Vintage

"There's no mistakes, just happy little borks" --Splitstripe

[Image: h15B3392D]
2018-09-10 19:17
Save
Give Thanks
Ulv08
Timer
Theriotype: Timberwolf

Hehe I'm more into wearing hoodies with little green aliens on and NASA sweatshirts. Not saying I'll never get one, but I'm not so sure I'll feel 100% saisfied with just a hoddie with a fox or a wolf on. I guess I like to feel more like I can become the fox and the wolf on the outside as well. And not just have an image of it on my tummy. Spirithoods, tails and paw warmers are perfect for that. Even if it's just faux fur in natural colors, it gives me in a way what I physically can't have.

It feels good when it's cold outside and I have my spirithood and paw warmers on. The tail stays at home though. How I would have loved to wear it like it were a normal everyday thing. But I'm in my 30s, so it doesn't feel comfortable running around with a tail on in the neighbour hood. I might get a faux fox and wolf tail keychain one day to put on my backpack at least.

.Born On A Winter Day.
2018-09-10 21:26
Save
Give Thanks
hotdogwolf
It’s Aliens
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

What kinds of clothing fabric would most feel like fur to us without actually being made from fur.? Like 50% cotton and 45%plyester. Something like that.? Because I do wear clothing and there are some that makes me feel like I have fur on my body.
2018-09-13 13:19
Save
Give Thanks
Gizmo
On the prowl
Theriotype: Tiger, possibly Xenomorph
Contribution:

I don`t have any gear, but I thought about getting a fursuit and participate in furry marches, etc. The thing is, that realistic looking and good fitting fursuits are damn expensive, and I just don`t have that money. And I don`t want to wear a cheaper fursuit with a tiger looking like out of a comic book.
Another thing is, that I joined a furry forum and after I said, that I am a therian, they said some rude things about me and therians in general. To me, wearing a fursuit would have meant having a matching body, and, hopefully, it would make me feel better. I don`t get, why humans dress up as animals, just for fun.

After that, I thought about just getting a tail, and maybe even wear it in public. But then I thought, that it could a false impression on what therianthropy really is like. Still thinking about getting a tail, though, and wear it at home.
2018-09-17 14:08
Save
Give Thanks
Moon-Moon
Away
Honorary Wolf, exZOItic
silvertick 

(2018-09-17 14:08)Gizmo Wrote:  I don`t have any gear, but I thought about getting a fursuit and participate in furry marches, etc. The thing is, that realistic looking and good fitting fursuits are damn expensive, and I just don`t have that money. And I don`t want to wear a cheaper fursuit with a tiger looking like out of a comic book.
Another thing is, that I joined a furry forum and after I said, that I am a therian, they said some rude things about me and therians in general. To me, wearing a fursuit would have meant having a matching body, and, hopefully, it would make me feel better. I don`t get, why humans dress up as animals, just for fun.

After that, I thought about just getting a tail, and maybe even wear it in public. But then I thought, that it could a false impression on what therianthropy really is like. Still thinking about getting a tail, though, and wear it at home.

Slightly related to this, I've considered in the past making animatronic-like parts (like tails, ears, etc) or prosthetic for dealing with species dysphoria in the past. This is difficult because I have no concept of anatomy and physics, and I have minimal knowledge of electronics and mechanics.

(2018-09-13 13:19)hotdogwolf Wrote:  What kinds of clothing fabric would most feel like fur to us without actually being made from fur.? Like 50% cotton and 45%plyester. Something like that.? Because I do wear clothing and there are some that makes me feel like I have fur on my body.

I think most people make faux fur out of yarn. You can try that?

(Sorry for weird combined messages, trying not to spam the thread hehe ^^)

Pfp by Vintage

2018-09-17 14:44
Save
Give Thanks
hotdogwolf
It’s Aliens
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

(2018-09-17 14:44)Moon-Moon Wrote:  

(2018-09-17 14:08)Gizmo Wrote:  I don`t have any gear, but I thought about getting a fursuit and participate in furry marches, etc. The thing is, that realistic looking and good fitting fursuits are damn expensive, and I just don`t have that money. And I don`t want to wear a cheaper fursuit with a tiger looking like out of a comic book.

Slightly related to this, I've considered in the past making animatronic-like parts (like tails, ears, etc) or prosthetic for dealing with species dysphoria in the past. This is difficult because I have no concept of anatomy and physics, and I have minimal knowledge of electronics and mechanics.

(2018-09-13 13:19)hotdogwolf Wrote:  What kinds of clothing fabric would most feel like fur to us without actually being made from fur.? Like 50% cotton and 45%plyester. Something like that.? Because I do wear clothing and there are some that makes me feel like I have fur on my body.

Hmm, That really wasn't my question Moon. I said, What kind of clothing makes it feel like your wearing fur.? Like what kind of blend of clothing fabric makes the shirt or pants makes it feel like you have fur on your body.?

2018-09-18 14:34
Save
Give Thanks
Moon-Moon
Away
Honorary Wolf, exZOItic
silvertick 

(2018-09-18 14:34)hotdogwolf Wrote:  

(2018-09-17 14:44)Moon-Moon Wrote:  

Hmm, That really wasn't my question Moon. I said, What kind of clothing makes it feel like your wearing fur.? Like what kind of blend of clothing fabric makes the shirt or pants makes it feel like you have fur on your body.?

Oh, I misread it! Sorry.

I usually wear sweaters because they are warm like my fur would be.

Pfp by Vintage

2018-09-19 14:32
Save
Give Thanks
Raz
Away
Rewr
Theriotype: Dragon, Therian
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual

I have dragon jewelry that I wear occasionally, but that's really it.

Raz
2018-09-19 20:34
Save
Give Thanks
SolivagantSoul
Wild Instinct
Theriotype: Unknown
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)

(2017-06-10 18:36)BearX Wrote:  Having an item of bearish origin on my person makes me feel closer, spiritually, to my kin.

This. ^

I have a few things myself: wolf shirts, leather bracelets, a necklace (one has a play-bowing wolf charm attached with a bottle of real wolf fur that was shed naturally--I got it from a sanctuary). And I got my eye on a real wolf tail and claw necklace that I want to get for my birthday.
Honestly, I think it's up to how personal the item feels to the individual. If I get anything real I always make sure it was due to natural causes.

(This post was last modified: 2018-11-02 22:55 by SolivagantSoul.)
2018-11-02 22:54
Save
Give Thanks