READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

What is a Greymuzzle?
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: Greymuzzles & 'experienced' therians

(2021-11-10 17:00)Windracer Wrote:  I suppose it can mean they've discovered and been comfortable with their own theriotype for a while, but one therian can't be more knowledgeable than another when it comes to a person's identity.

A person's single identity no, but a community and what is and isn't accepted within that community (example; P-Shifting used to be a problematic topic, but thankfully it seems kiddos have stopped obsessing over it as heavily) tends to fall onto the older members. People who are knew to accepting that part of themselves also tend to require role models of some degree, and that's where grey-muzzles will step in as well. It's all about aid and education, and in some cases, someone who appears knowledgeable can be put on a pedestal by younger members or by members who highly value their advice. Even here we have roles like Pup Reps and TG Reps to distinguish highly regarded members who are constantly helping out. I think that in that retrospect, Grey-Muzzles have their place. It's just not the place that this little dramatic spat places them in. Tongue

2021-11-10 17:04
Save
Give Thanks
BearX
Therian Guide Staff
Prepping to Hibernate
Theriotype: Coastal Brown Bear
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
tick 
.$team.

RE: Greymuzzles & 'experienced' therians
The other thing is that historically no one would call THEMSELVES a graymuzzle -- it was a term used exclusively by others to denote their own feelings about the graymuzzle, it was earned, not demanded.

[Image: bexarp.jpg]
TG Staff | Forum Admin
(Signature cobbled together by Me)
2021-11-10 17:41
Save
Give Thanks
Alone
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:

RE: What is a Greymuzzle?
To my understanding: Greymuzzle is a title that is given to you by the community after you reach a certain point in age, time in the community as well as contribution to the community. It's not a self proclaimed title and like Bear said, not demanded.

To me, the greymuzzle title is about respect not power or experience.
2021-11-10 19:41
Save
Give Thanks
libra
Member is Online
last amazing gray
Theriotype: european grey wolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:
.$team.

(2021-11-10 19:41)Alone Wrote:  To my understanding: Greymuzzle is a title that is given to you by the community after you reach a certain point in age, time in the community as well as contribution to the community.

i always understood the term to just mean an old fart. a little unfortunate since i'm just an old fart Rolleyes

ah well, we live and learn 'ay?

2022-08-22 21:39
Save
Give Thanks
Zefer Nezumi
Therian Guide Staff
Punslinger
Theriotype: Siberian Tiger
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team.

(2022-08-22 21:39)libra Wrote:  

(2021-11-10 19:41)Alone Wrote:  To my understanding: Greymuzzle is a title that is given to you by the community after you reach a certain point in age, time in the community as well as contribution to the community.

i always understood the term to just mean an old fart. a little unfortunate since i'm just an old fart Rolleyes

ah well, we live and learn 'ay?

That seems a more common interpretation in the furry community and I've made that mistake before, too.

I think many therians are guarded against the term because in our community, it almost represents an "elder" in terms of applicable community experience and relations.

Someone who is old isn't necessarily wise. Someone who has been in the community for a long time may not necessarily be too involved in it or have its interests in mind.

To me, the term is more of a culmination of things rather than a set period of time, be it age or time in community, and it involves a degree of interaction and "scratching beneath the surface" to understand what therians experience beyond a superficial level.

The Punk Pun-Therian

PFP by Robin ^^ (Click here for the original!)
2022-08-23 13:06
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Well, by now Sia's muzzle has actually gone grey, so she is the graymuzzlest of us all.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
2022-08-23 15:43
Save
Give Thanks
kylehyena
aroooooo
Theriotype: Na'vi, dog cladotherian, polykin
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution:

"greymuzzle" can be a very difficult term. I could be considered a greymuzzle for being in the community for 8 years, but I am only 17 and do not meet the idea that greymuzzles are old members of the community. I don't have a problem with the term its just kinda tricky to properly use, and not to mention some people use it to be dickheads to others, abusing power type thing.
in conclusion, anyone can be considered a gryemuzzle, since there isn't really a clear definition as to what it is.

[Image: 0d8c9e40e759ebac18f8839731eca960.jpg]
2022-12-09 18:08
Save
Give Thanks