Therian Guide: Forums

Full Version: What is a Greymuzzle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
What is a 'greymuzzle'?

A term used years ago in the therian community, first on the old alt.horror.werewolf (AHWW) site, to denote someone who either was physically older (like over 30 in my experience), or who had been a member of the community for several years. Usually, they were both. Me personally, I thought if someone was in the community longer than 10 years, they knew what they were talking about and were thus, a greymuzzle.

However, it's largely fallen into disuse because of people calling themselves greymuzzles and talking about therianthropy, but actually being wrong in their facts. It was also used by people on personal power trips who associated the term for personal gain but who then didn't actually know what they were talking about. It tended to create elitism. So basically a few idiots appropriated the term and ruined it for actual greymuzzles.

In a few cases, greymuzzle was also used to identify a famous therian; that is, someone easily recognized as being therian within any therian community.

Basically someone who's been in the therian community for many years, is over a certain age, and knows what they're talking about with regards to therian-related topics.

All of that being said, such a term has not been used frequently in years and I doubt it's actually needed. Wink
Thank you so much for your help, i didn't mean to cause any trouble.

I, for one, would love to hear some examples of fammous therians Smile
Learning a new interesting word Smile as far as i know i believe all the admins and webpage owner can be called as greymuzzles :3
Hey,

Having been around the therian community for over 15 years, I can't say I've ever seen anyone justifiedly call themselves a greymuzzle. Tongue

Always assumed the word was made up by people who wanted to feel important.

LP,
Dusty

(2017-01-12 23:22)Maritha Wrote: [ -> ]Learning a new interesting word Smile as far as i know i believe all the admins and webpage owner can be called as greymuzzles :3

Not Calico, though Tongue she's 16, though very mature for her age.

(2017-01-12 22:35)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]I, for one, would love to hear some examples of fammous therians Smile

Most "famous" therians in the community are not famous for good reasons Wink

(2017-01-13 1:44)Calico Wrote: [ -> ]

(2017-01-12 22:35)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]I, for one, would love to hear some examples of fammous therians Smile

OHHHH I WANNA HEAR THE GOSSIP!

(2017-01-13 1:58)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]

(2017-01-13 2:03)Neema Wrote: [ -> ]

(2017-01-13 1:58)Xce Wrote: [ -> ]

I am utterly speechless........

Meet Shiro.

For Grey muzzles. I am 32. But I've been in the community a mere 20 months, or a little over a year and a half.

I am Far from knowledgeable, and don't consider myself as such.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's