READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Pups School
Betalith
New
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:

Pups School
It helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015-09-19 15:43
Save
Give Thanks
the.doctors.wolf
New
Theriotype: wolf
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:

RE: Pups School
Thanks for adding some of this so I can know that clears up some questions thank you

I am a Lone Wolf
Misunderstood
And labeled to be Dangerous
2015-10-04 2:49
Save
Give Thanks
Karma.wolf
New
Theriotype: Wolfkin
Experience: Therian
Contribution:

This was very helpful thankyou Bone

~☆"Throw me to the wolves, and I will come back leading the pack"☆~
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Save
Give Thanks
Dream
New
Theriotype: Unsure
Experience: (therian?)
Contribution:

Hi! Thank you, so much!
I'm still trying to figure out my theriotype but I'm sure I will figure it out.
I also hope to discover a little bit more about who I am!
2015-11-11 21:52
Save
Give Thanks
Blue
Away
Copy cat
Theriotype: None
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick 

Thank you for the clarification, some of us needed that.
~Blue

"No fate but what we make for ourselves."
2016-03-17 22:26
Save
Give Thanks
pupper
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: doggo??? or maybe a birb???
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)
Contribution:

Thanks for making this! I'm a new Pup... literally, since my name is Puppy, (X3) and I'm still learning about the details of therianthropy.
2016-08-01 1:13
Save
Give Thanks
that-one-err0r
Crooked Cryptid
Theriotype: Cryptid
Experience: Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread earlier. Thank you for this @Skogulfr Ear Fold

Adam | It/He | 21 | Autistic
ISTJ-T | Chaotic Neutral
Otherkin | Fictionkin | Animalhearted

"As the boy layed there dormant,
all of his humanity drained into a murky puddle."
2017-09-09 15:26
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

Interesting, but there are somethings id like to put up.

1. Though physical shapeshifting is currently impossible in the world we live in today, there are countless therians, including myself, that believe that in the future at least, there can be a possibility. While new to the forum, i felt intimidated by this blank statement and felt very insecure expressing my views, only to find that many therians too were secretly believing the same. I feel its important for newcomers to feel welcomed even if they too have this belief of it somehow being possible in the future by some inconcievable process.

2. This one might seem petty, but i tend to not use "you are " and "human" in the same sentence as some newbies may come off on the defensive. I say "recognize the human form" seems to work for pups better in my knowledge.

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12 21:37 by StarDolphin.)
2017-09-12 21:32
Save
Give Thanks
WolfVanZandt
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: wolf
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick 

I think the main part of the "no p-shifting" clause is that discussions of p-shifting have, in the past, proven to be so inflammatory. I, personally, don't mind talking about it, but it tends to blow up.

I agree with the second part, though. If "human" means "homo sapiens" and it turns out that therianthropy is a product of "homo Neanderthalensis", then we might have to get rid of the clause anyway in the future. A lot of the older Weres outright denied being human and many still do. At worst, it's sorta like biological females who are transgendered denying being female. In a very real way, they're right.
2017-09-13 0:56
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

@WolfVanZandt right, it has blown up, but in immature settings, i believe. Tg has been proven to me a very mature community that is surprisingly open , and with our authentication system upon appling we make sure only mature members come in.

In such a diverse place placeing the example if being open about such topics reflects the consideration of others ideas here .

And yes many therians do disregard their body interwining in their identity, and believe their identity is nothing other than the species they identify as. Ive seen this get a bit firey as well , as some people misinterpret it as being delusional and thinking that they arent aware of their physical form, when in reality, were really just saying that our body doesnt define our identity.

Of course, as therianthropy is a spectrum, that feeling in itself isnt a one size fits all description of all therians, and those who think that arent more or less legit of course. Tgs representatives have been quite open to all these different experiences to ones personal experience Smile

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
2017-09-13 2:19
Save
Give Thanks