READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Pups School
Skogulfr
Away
Wylfen Hæðen
Theriotype: Nil
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 

Pups School
First off, this thread is for the benefit of all the new members in the Pups category, or those who are under the age of 16 and having their username in gray, rather than black or other colors. Second off, congrats on your awakening at such a young age.

Now onto business. many of you are pretty smart for your age, but to make sure everything goes smoothly, we are going to go over a few important facts.

1. Physical Shifting is Impossible
Sorry to burst your bubble, but physically shifting is completely impossible. The process of bones twisting and changing into an animal's is so painful, it would kill even the strongest person. Even if a scientist would find a way to do so that would keep you alive, it would take a series of years of treatments, and chances are for that time you would be in a giant test tube and unconscious for all of it.

2. The Theriotype You Are Today May Not Be Your Theriotype Tomorrow
Part of therianthropy and otherkinism is discovering who you are. Nothing is set in stone, neither is your theriotype. You can do some searching and researching and find out that what you find is closer to how you feel than the theriotype you thought you were. This is perfectly fine- even some adult therians find that their types change over time. It's just part of being you.

3. You Are Still Physically A Human
This doesn't show up often, but occasionally there is a person who believes that they only have a human shape, and that even to their DNA level they are an animal. This is also physically impossible. If that were true, then you wouldn't be here- you would be in a government lab somewhere. If you've ever had a blood test, you can guarantee that they've tested for anything that might make you different (mainly diseases) and if your blood tested as something totally different than human, men in black would have already tracked you down and taken you from your homes. (this isn't to scare anybody, and if it hasn't happened yet, it won't happen ever).

4. We Don't Roleplay Here
We do have fun on this site, but we also take most of our threads seriously (the really fun ones are listed under Games and Activities). If all you do is roleplay, then you won't be taken seriously.

Those are a few, I will add (or admins/mods) more later as we come up with them. Enjoy the site!!!

"You who are the civil man dying for the promised land; I live in the wilderness to avoid human emptiness."

And the wolf grows up in the woods....
2014-07-31 0:31
Save
Give Thanks
Scav
Away
pizza coyote
Theriotype: Coyote
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

RE: Pups School
(This post was last modified: 2016-01-01 15:28 by Scav.)
2014-07-31 0:35
Save
Give Thanks
Skogulfr
Away
Wylfen Hæðen
Theriotype: Nil
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 

I'd seen it; however, I feel like there needs to be something geared toward the Pups group, since they often have the most misconceptions of anyone. Some of these points I felt needed some clarification, especially towards a younger audience.

"You who are the civil man dying for the promised land; I live in the wilderness to avoid human emptiness."

And the wolf grows up in the woods....
2014-07-31 0:43
Save
Give Thanks
ErutaN
Copy cat
Theriotype: Red Fox?
Contribution: tick 

Thanks for the information, I'm still discovering who I am. Smile

[Image: wildlife_red_fox.jpg]
Silent Paws Through The Starlit Night
A Glint Of Red In The Moonlight
A Pounce, A Struggle, A Swift Bite
Rabbit In Mouth, She's Away From Sight...

FOX
2014-08-11 15:39
Save
Give Thanks
Darkshifter2
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: N/A
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick tick 

thank you Smile it helped
2014-09-06 3:49
Save
Give Thanks
Zolziac
The Railway Therian
Theriotype: Buckskin Horse

Thanks for the help. Smile

- Zolziac

You're made of far more than we could ever know
2014-10-05 11:35
Save
Give Thanks
Rupee
Copy cat
Theriotype: River Otter

Cool. Big Grin

~Rupee
2015-04-14 23:31
Save
Give Thanks
Ashley Rose
Away
New
Theriotype: Black domestic cat
Contribution:

I've knew some but thank you for sharing.

.~Meow with a cherry on top~.

2015-07-27 10:06
Save
Give Thanks
Artimus Dyre
Omega
Theriotype: Timber Wolf
Contribution:

Pups School
Good post! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk