READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

My Theory, and what human society has to do with it
Clownie_on_Pawzz
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Black Timberwolf, Feline Clado (+kintypes in bio)
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

My Theory, and what human society has to do with it
Now keep in mind, I’m not the best at explaining, so if you want something cleared up just ask!
This is my personal theory on why therians are a thing.

So, when something dies, its soul attaches to a nearby thing, in order to find an unborn animal (hopefully of its own species) to posses.

Since humans can be found in every corner of the earth, that’s the safest bet for the animal’s soul to find a new body.
But sometimes it can’t find any unborn animals in the same or similar species, and I believe they have limited time as a sort of.. ‘ghost.’
So, they just possess a human child, and hope it works. And it does, as we’ve seen.

This also relates as to why I think polytherians are more common- more animals are dying faster, so there are more souls that need a new body, so some bodies are growing to have more souls.

Wolves are likely common because of that whole ‘kill wolves on sight, even in Yellowstone’ thing that happened however-many years ago.
(Genuinely surprised that we haven’t seen more bees…)
Since extinct animals were alive such a long time ago (usually) it’s less likely, since they have limited time as a ghost. But, if a human with the soul of a Tazzy tiger passes, that soul has time to find another human- though there are still very few paleotherians.

(This could work with otherkins and fictionkins as well, technically- but I believe in multiverse theory so that’s probably why)

This probably doesn’t make much sense- but I’d be happy to clear this up if you asked!

Not gone, just resting Smile I’ll be more active in summer!!
(This post was last modified: 2024-01-27 11:09 by Clownie_on_Pawzz.)
2024-01-27 11:07
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: coyote, cat, rodent?, bird?, dryad?
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
.$team.

RE: My Theory, and what human society has to do with it
I've introduced similar theories before, but the only issue with this theory is farm animals. We mass murder millions of chickens, cows, sheep, etc every year however there aren't many farm animal therians.

Run fast, be safe, live free.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2024-01-27 18:50
Save
Give Thanks
Clownie_on_Pawzz
Away
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-01-27 18:50)WanderingForests Wrote:  I've introduced similar theories before, but the only issue with this theory is farm animals. We mass murder millions of chickens, cows, sheep, etc every year however there aren't many farm animal therians.

Thats true- though in order to kill those animals, more need to be born- so those souls will likely go to the unborn ones.
Though I didn’t quite consider that.

2024-01-27 19:48
Save
Give Thanks
RustedSky
Member is Online
✨Glittering Disappointment✨
Theriotype: Usagimimi, Bunny, Cat(?)
.$team..$team.

(2024-01-27 19:48)Moonie Wrote:  

(2024-01-27 18:50)WanderingForests Wrote:  I've introduced similar theories before, but the only issue with this theory is farm animals. We mass murder millions of chickens, cows, sheep, etc every year however there aren't many farm animal therians.

Thats true- though in order to kill those animals, more need to be born- so those souls will likely go to the unborn ones.

Or maybe those animals don't want a second life.
Maybe they don't reincarnate or choose not to posses a human child due to not wanting any relation to humans or a chance of that same torture in life some how.

Your favorite Celery Croncher

I go by Jay, Jaymie, Rust, Nyx, or Skye

Pronouns Page
2024-01-27 19:56
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Member is Online
Pup
.$team.

(2024-01-27 19:56)Jaymie Wrote:  

Maybe they don't reincarnate or choose not to posses a human child due to not wanting any relation to humans or a chance of that same torture in life some how.

Fair enough, but humans also killed wolves through similar cruelty, and those wolves, according to this theory and in reference to the wolves of Yellowstone, chose to live again.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2024-01-27 20:11
Save
Give Thanks
RustedSky
Member is Online
✨Glittering Disappointment✨
Theriotype: Usagimimi, Bunny, Cat(?)
.$team..$team.

(2024-01-27 20:11)WanderingForests Wrote:  

Fair enough, but humans also killed wolves through similar cruelty, and those wolves, according to this theory and in reference to the wolves of Yellowstone, chose to live again.

I mean farm animals are born in captivity and born to be killed, wolves, even the Yellowstone ones have a sense of freedom.
And the farm animals know humans are deadly and only want greed, well the humans they know, while wolves dont know that, there are plenty of wolves who are unaffected by humans killing them, or who’s lives are not impacted by humans.

Your favorite Celery Croncher

I go by Jay, Jaymie, Rust, Nyx, or Skye

Pronouns Page
2024-01-27 20:23
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Member is Online
Pup
.$team.

(2024-01-27 20:23)Jaymie Wrote:  

(2024-01-27 20:11)WanderingForests Wrote:  

I mean farm animals are born in captivity and born to be killed, wolves, even the Yellowstone ones have a sense of freedom.
And the farm animals know humans are deadly and only want greed, well the humans they know, while wolves dont know that, there are plenty of wolves who are unaffected by humans killing them, or who’s lives are not impacted by humans.

Fair enough, I hear what you're saying

2024-01-27 20:47
Save
Give Thanks
StormyPica
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic cat, Arborii
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

That's a great theory for spiritual therians, but doesn't work for psychological therians or theriomythics.

"I want to live my life, be all of it's pages. And underline that I am not an angel."
-AURORA

He/They
Domestic cat | Arborii (alien species) | Domestic cat, crow, parrot, and rock creature hearted | more info in bio
2024-01-28 2:04
Save
Give Thanks
Clownie_on_Pawzz
Away
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-01-28 2:04)StormyPica Wrote:  That's a great theory for spiritual therians, but doesn't work for psychological therians or theriomythics.

That’s true. I’m mostly a spiritual therian, with very little psychological connection, so I often forget that some people only have a psychological connection. (Sorry!)
I myself believe in multiverse theory; so I believe that souls from other universes can come to this one and attach to a human (though it’s not as common) which is how we end up with Fictypes and Kintypes.

Other people do make much better theories- and I believe there is a different reason for psychology therianthropy (though I’m not a psychologist so it’s not my call to make)

Thank you for pointing this out!
(I don’t believe in this theory as much as I once did; while I believe that it can happen, I believe that Gaia (Mother Nature) is most likely the cause. Somebody else made a great theory on this!)

2024-01-28 11:47
Save
Give Thanks
Vintage
Sword with a 'Z'
Theriotype: Wolf, Zhuard...horse & crow kith
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

Okay, some questions to further your theory, and out of curiosity (so a food for thought moment offered to you):

So in your theory, do you think there are animals with the "wrong" body, given that you said 'when something dies its soul attaches to a nearby thing'?

I'd also say that humans have a long lifespan and are not dying out as quick as bugs for example. Some species are more abundant in concentrated areas,such as insects yet we do not see insectkin often. But back to your theory, if I was a wolf in a low populated area who died, and my soul went to something else that died close by, like a bug that was dead near me, in your opinion what would happen?

《●》

I have a similar theory but it involves the soul being more proactive than just attaching to 'anything nearby', concerning a few other factors, such as species congruence and intelligence.

_
-
**Timber wolf therian-- Zhuard-- horse/crow hearted**

*~Being kin is a journey. See through the challenges and speak on the revelations.*

-Deviantart/Tumblr: Thebridgebeyond-
2024-01-28 15:17
Save
Give Thanks