READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

My Theory, and what human society has to do with it
Clownie_on_Pawzz
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Black Timberwolf, Feline Clado (+kintypes in bio)
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: My Theory, and what human society has to do with it

(2024-01-28 15:17)Vintage Wrote:  Okay, some questions to further your theory, and out of curiosity (so a food for thought moment offered to you):

So in your theory, do you think there are animals with the "wrong" body, given that you said 'when something dies its soul attaches to a nearby thing'?

I'd also say that humans have a long lifespan and are not dying out as quick as bugs for example. Some species are more abundant in concentrated areas,such as insects yet we do not see insectkin often. But back to your theory, if I was a wolf in a low populated area who died, and my soul went to something else that died close by, like a bug that was dead near me, in your opinion what would happen?

《●》

I have a similar theory but it involves the soul being more proactive than just attaching to 'anything nearby', concerning a few other factors, such as species congruence and intelligence.

Yes, I do think that there are animals in the wrong bodies; but it works differently some in humans.

To answer your last question:
Let’s say a wolf’s soul went into a newborn instects body.
The insect’s body forgets what their souls past body was; little to nothing happens.
Same for most animals… but humans are a bit different.

Most animals bodies forget what the past soul’s body was, so nothing usually happens.
Humans bodies don’t always do that.
Some humans aren’t born with that ability; hence, therianthropy.
It’s not very common, (obviously) but it can happen.

I believe some humans have lost this ability due to a disconnect from nature- we didn’t need it anymore.
And now we have therians.

Insects are very small, and therefore have little influence, so even if a human doesnt have that spiritual brain shield thingy, it won’t do anything (usually)
But insectkin is a thing, so evidently it can happen.
Also a lot of insects die right as their eggs hatch (spiders, moths) so their soul would just attach to the eggs

Fictionkins and otherkins fall under the whole multiverse theory thing.

Thank you so much for the question, I’m always happy to help! :3

Not gone, just resting Smile I’ll be more active in summer!!
2024-01-28 15:37
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Member is Online
Pup
Theriotype: coyote, cat, rodent?, bird?, dryad?
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
.$team.

(2024-01-28 15:37)Moonie Wrote:  

(2024-01-28 15:17)Vintage Wrote:  Okay, some questions to further your theory, and out of curiosity (so a food for thought moment offered to you):

So in your theory, do you think there are animals with the "wrong" body, given that you said 'when something dies its soul attaches to a nearby thing'?

I'd also say that humans have a long lifespan and are not dying out as quick as bugs for example. Some species are more abundant in concentrated areas,such as insects yet we do not see insectkin often. But back to your theory, if I was a wolf in a low populated area who died, and my soul went to something else that died close by, like a bug that was dead near me, in your opinion what would happen?

《●》

I have a similar theory but it involves the soul being more proactive than just attaching to 'anything nearby', concerning a few other factors, such as species congruence and intelligence.

Yes, I do think that there are animals in the wrong bodies; but it works differently some in humans.

To answer your last question:
Let’s say a wolf’s soul went into a newborn instects body.
The insect’s body forgets what their souls past body was; little to nothing happens.
Same for most animals… but humans are a bit different.

Most animals bodies forget what the past soul’s body was, so nothing usually happens.
Humans bodies don’t always do that.
Some humans aren’t born with that ability; hence, therianthropy.
It’s not very common, (obviously) but it can happen.

I believe some humans have lost this ability due to a disconnect from nature- we didn’t need it anymore.
And now we have therians.

Insects are very small, and therefore have little influence, so even if a human doesnt have that spiritual brain shield thingy, it won’t do anything (usually)
But insectkin is a thing, so evidently it can happen.
Also a lot of insects die right as their eggs hatch (spiders, moths) so their soul would just attach to the eggs

Fictionkins and otherkins fall under the whole multiverse theory thing.

Thank you so much for the question, I’m always happy to help! :3

Love how creative we are on here Smile
If anyone knows how the world works, it's us lol

Run fast, be safe, live free.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2024-01-28 18:36
Save
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual

May I interject here?
I am under the theory that a soul gathers strength with each lifetime and once it becomes strong and cohesive enough then it can handle being in a more advanced body. I feel all life has what we call a 'soul' but not all souls are of the same strength so if you take an insect like a beetle, its 'soul' is more like an incredibly weak mote and when it dies that mote just meanders (because it is not yet strong enough to hold any imprinted memory) until it attracts more motes thus becoming stronger and after a certain amount of lifetimes in similar bodies then that 'mote' is perhaps strong enough to not only power a more complex body but may now even be able to hold onto memories. The soul 'evolves' as it were

So the soul becomes more concentrated and holds more memories and lets certain memories bleedthru if it somehow can be useful for the next life form.
However I am unsure that a more concentrated soul is going to go so far backwards as to inhabit the body of a bug because the body itself cannot handle the energy or 'charge' of such a concentrated soul; in short there is only so much a simple body like that of a beetle can handle and would serve no purpose as even the beetle brain does not have the capacity to deal with the complexities contained within a more concentrated soul.

Now there is another thought I had is that it may be possible for a compatible soul to impart or absorb -to some degree-some of its memories or information to another if it is useful.

I don't know..maybe a person has lived many lifetimes as a certain being and the memories and impressions are so strong and perhaps harmonize so well with a soul that these imprinted frequencies carry over into a life form that is is not necessarily compatible thus creating difficulties like feeling out of place or longing for a different world yet not not knowing what or where it is or if it is even real.

...maybe.

P.S: For anyone who has played Final Fantasy VII I really liked Buggenhaggen's lecture on the 'Lifestream' and I like to carry that concept further in that as these various lifestreams intertwine with one another as they travel throughout the planet and the cosmos, is it not possible to invariably absorb a bit of others into oneself (as a soul) if it is compatible or resonates with oneself?
2024-01-30 2:47
Save
Give Thanks