READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Identifying with a medical condition
Deleted_user_5755
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
silvertick 

RE: Identifying with a medical condition
Ive read some of this article but not a tonne and id like to state. As a trans Wolf myself

1st of all i dont feel Atlantis is right calling trans people who are bio females females as it is disrespectful.
I dont feel as if its any of your jobs to tell anyone what is and is not. From my knowledge you are not licenced psychologists and it is unfair. I will only be stating my take on the trans part that Atlantis mentioned its unfair to call out others experiences because they dont fit a definition yes promoting being trans is wrong. Saying that you should be open minded isn't (im not saying thats what you said) its best to let them figure it out themselves and talk to licenced folk or gender clinincs about their own experiences rather than their identity be debated. Folk feeling happy in a different gender than what they were assinged at birth is something they have to find out for themselves and in teenage years is the biggest time to question oneselfs identity as long as they are not doing things like promoting it or making it sound better than being cis.
2021-09-26 0:49
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I don't know but speaking as someone who has a medical condition (Mood disorder NOS (not otherwise specified), Schizoaffective Disorder, Depression, and OCD), I always get incredibly offended by others who think it's "cool" to have a disorder. It really isn't, I have to rely on meds to keep me sane, it's not fun at all.

I just...URGH..I hate it when people get on this bandwagon of theirs with thinking this way!

Either way, just my two cents.

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
(This post was last modified: 2021-09-27 11:13 by Alliana.)
2021-09-27 11:13
Save
Give Thanks
elicat
Therian Guide Staff
anam fallain
Theriotype: Cat
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick 
.$team.

Think of it this way, would you envy someone who has Diabetes? AIDS? Cancer? No, those diseases suck. It might be a part of who you are (as in, "you have cancer") but it's not part of your identity. Your identity is something that defines you and I'm sure that someone with a disease would not want to be defined by their disorder (I am a wolf and I have bad allergies, but my allergies aren't part of who I am; I just happen to suffer from them).

It's one thing to use your disease to explain things online, or to let people know you have it, but as @DustWolf that is not the same thing as being a "migraine therian". Therian is part of your identity, your disease is not. Nor is it something cool to be envied.

[Image: YJKCUsm.png]

cat | 42 | writer & published author | scuba diver | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | INFJ | eclectic Wiccan witch
2021-09-28 0:14
Save
Give Thanks