READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

therianthropy is a neurodivergency
Edible_Emerald
Pup
Theriotype: Some sorta wolf (questioning feline, lemur, deer)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:

RE: therianthropy is a neurodivergency

(2023-10-11 22:55)Siris Wrote:  I feel like this ignores the experiences of spiritual therians and tries to force things into a clinical box. I've been through a lot of psych evaluations as I was part of the clinical study into ADD/ADHD and can say definitively while I am neurodivergent with ADD I am certainly not autistic. Secondly therianthropy does not itself impact the ability for a person to live a day to day life so it would be wrong to call or compare it to a disability in much the same way we would not consider transgender to be so for exactly the same reason.

ok, I was just saying

I'm reading that you're being very passive aggressive and it's confusing because this is a theory,

2023-10-12 23:51
Save
Give Thanks
Siris
Shaker of stick
Theriotype: Kitsune
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

(2023-10-12 23:51)Edible_Emerald Wrote:  

(2023-10-11 22:55)Siris Wrote:  I feel like this ignores the experiences of spiritual therians and tries to force things into a clinical box. I've been through a lot of psych evaluations as I was part of the clinical study into ADD/ADHD and can say definitively while I am neurodivergent with ADD I am certainly not autistic. Secondly therianthropy does not itself impact the ability for a person to live a day to day life so it would be wrong to call or compare it to a disability in much the same way we would not consider transgender to be so for exactly the same reason.

ok, I was just saying

I'm reading that you're being very passive aggressive and it's confusing because this is a theory,

You're reading between the lines a bit too much on something I wrote at 4am and some of that is on me for probably not articulating too well. I was simply remarking on where I see flaws in the theory nothing more. I was just simply using myself and my expirences as an example.

(This post was last modified: 2023-10-13 1:13 by Siris.)
2023-10-13 1:12
Save
Give Thanks
StormyPica
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic cat, Arborii
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

I agree somewhat. Even as a mostly spiritual therian (“having the heart/soul of a fox/whatever animal my theriotypes are”), I feel like there is a scientific explanation for my therianthropy. And neurodivergence is basically any brain that is abnormal. I likely have AuDHD, and they do disable me in more ways then one, but they feel similar to my therianthropy in the sense that I know logically that my brain is different than most people’s. Most people don’t get such intense interests that they stay up all night thinking about them (despite REALLY not wanting to), and most people do not have sensory issues that make it impossible to wear most clothes, just as most people don’t think they have the soul of an animal, most people do not shift, etc.

Adding this: Being neurodivergent and being disabled very often come together, but you can also be neurodivergent and not fit a diagnosis, neurodivergent and not disabled, etc. There is no one way to be neurodivergent.

"I want to live my life, be all of it's pages. And underline that I am not an angel."
-AURORA

He/They
Domestic cat | Arborii (alien species) | Domestic cat, crow, parrot, and rock creature hearted | more info in bio
(This post was last modified: 2024-01-08 18:20 by StormyPica.)
2024-01-08 18:17
Save
Give Thanks