READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

has anyone ever been called a monster, even when they didnt do anything wrong?
limearey
spirit
Theriotype: hellhound(cù sìth), lamprey, vamp, dragon hybrid
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:

has anyone ever been called a monster, even when they didnt do anything wrong?
all my life people has eather been scared of me, or liked to bully me. i have ben called a whole lot of names. but the one that has always clung onto me is when people scream and run away from me yelling that "here comes the monster! run!" thing. it all started with the monster one when i was getting beat infront of everyone by someone who was taking advantige of me for 6 months every day in a row all day long, then pulled a gun on me at his house pecause i refused to bow to him. the next day he started beating me, something inside felt like it cracked. i litteraly attaked him like a hellhound would. ripping at his arms with my sharp teeth and nails, then prouncing on him to the point he fell on the wood gym floor and i got on him and took his throught in between my jaws like i would do to my pray, and locked on with so much to the point 3 of his friends had to all try to get me off him. through the whole insident it felt like i wasnt the one controling me. it felt like i was on a ride. it scared everyone there, and even to this day 5 years later still makes even me scared of my self. idk why that happened... but i was trying to defind myself. i know that. but it still haunts me knowing that if they didnt get me off him 30 seconds later, he would have stoped breathing... is this normal to have defencive systums like this?? it scares me mostly that i could have killed him, and i couldent stop what was happining... is there anything i can do to stop this from happining again, or should i even be worried about it?? it's scarry...
2022-11-01 16:14
Save
Give Thanks
vrydi
Therian Guide Staff
Ying Yue
Theriotype: Huli jing, flying squirrel, noomdle?
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: has anyone ever been called a monster, even when they didnt do anything wrong?
It seems like it was a very defensive reaction toward a direct danger.
If it is still haunting yourself after all this time, it might be best to talk about it with a professional.

Lucky you didn't kill him or you would've been in much more problems.

Hurting others, even defensive does make other peeps wary off you and scared. As they might expect it will happen to them some day. And your attack didn't seem normal to them so they do like they call all unknown scary things, monster.

2 more years and you will most likely graduate and switch schools and can start afresh.
people remember bad things, not good things. remember that.

Vrydi - Ying Yue | She/her | huli jing - siberian flying squirrel - noomdle(?)

[Image: IMG-20231023-104717-537.png]
2022-11-01 16:31
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Contribution:

RE: has anyone ever been called a monster, even when they didnt do anything wrong?

(2022-11-01 16:31)vrydi Wrote:  It seems like it was a very defensive reaction toward a direct danger.
If it is still haunting yourself after all this time, it might be best to talk about it with a professional.

Lucky you didn't kill him or you would've been in much more problems.

Hurting others, even defensive does make other peeps wary off you and scared. As they might expect it will happen to them some day. And your attack didn't seem normal to them so they do like they call all unknown scary things, monster.

2 more years and you will most likely graduate and switch schools and can start afresh.
people remember bad things, not good things. remember that.

thanks, and i actualy graduate after next school year. im a juinor

2022-11-01 16:35
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Supportive human :>
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

Yes. I've been called a monster.

It's not an insult. It shouldn't be an insult. It's not fair for it to be used negatively.

[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2022-11-01 16:57
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Contribution:

(2022-11-01 16:57)Bubbles Wrote:  Yes. I've been called a monster.

It's not an insult. It shouldn't be an insult. It's not fair for it to be used negatively.

thx

2022-11-01 17:28
Save
Give Thanks
TheyWolf123
Pup
Theriotype: Clouded leopard, grey wolf, Knucker dragon
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

I've never been called a monster by anyone. . . other than myself. I've killed one of my chickens before. I don't exactly know what happened because I was so out of it or whatever you call it. But I remember one time in 3rd grade when I was taking a nap on the field at recess and some kid woke me up. I reared up and pounced-ish on his head and held him there while I bit the back of his neck. No one else saw because they were all heading inside. I feel how you feel, Limeary. I'm scared of the things I can do. It's part of the darker side, of having a predatory theriotype. The reason I felt inclined to attack the kid who woke me up is because for any predator in the wild, sleeping is a very vulnerable position to be in. So when I was caught in what my predatory mind thought was a dangerous moment I lashed out to protect myself. Same to you. You felt unsafe, so you protected yourself. It's okay to be a predator, it's okay to be scared and needing protection, but what's not okay is that humans associate that with being a monster.

Accepted: All colours, all races, all sexual orientations, all genders, all creatures, all identities, all ages, sizes and shapes- except the haters. If you are a hater to any of the previously listed get the frick out of here.
(This post was last modified: 2022-11-01 17:41 by TheyWolf123.)
2022-11-01 17:40
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Contribution:

(2022-11-01 17:40)TheyWolf123 Wrote:  I've never been called a monster by anyone. . . other than myself. I've killed one of my chickens before. I don't exactly know what happened because I was so out of it or whatever you call it. But I remember one time in 3rd grade when I was taking a nap on the field at recess and some kid woke me up. I reared up and pounced-ish on his head and held him there while I bit the back of his neck. No one else saw because they were all heading inside. I feel how you feel, Limeary. I'm scared of the things I can do. It's part of the darker side, of having a predatory theriotype. The reason I felt inclined to attack the kid who woke me up is because for any predator in the wild, sleeping is a very vulnerable position to be in. So when I was caught in what my predatory mind thought was a dangerous moment I lashed out to protect myself. Same to you. You felt unsafe, so you protected yourself. It's okay to be a predator, it's okay to be scared and needing protection, but what's not okay is that humans associate that with being a monster.

ya, and it dont help me with the fact that i have hellhound in me and the animail im conected to does to. if it gets to bad, hellhounds will do this thing that we call "going dark". not only will we take out the attakers, but we will also take out everyone around and whoever gets close to us. its like the rabbies that only effect the mind. alot lose themselfs to it and get stuck that way. its even more common to happen easer in hellhound and hellhound mixes that have horns and or external flames. i have horns, but internal flames. its sad that they see me as a monster, that they see anyone as a monster really.

2022-11-01 17:54
Save
Give Thanks
Baskers
Lost in the rocks
Theriotype: Unsure (theropod?)
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 

A defensive response is to be expected given the situation you were put into. Humans are animals too, therian or not, and everyone has their limit. You're method of dealing with the situation was the oddity in their eyes - but frankly, push anyone too far and "odd" responses will happen. Thankfully, it could have ended worse. Perhaps it is good that you did respond as you did, as it could, and perhaps has, protected you from further physical conflict.

As for name calling - I have had it. I always got compared to a dog personally. I hated it often, but things don't last forever, and that past is far behind me now, and will only get further. It will for you too.

Although already suggested I can only reaffirm the point that if you have access to mental help, do try to follow through with it so that you can talk about this with someone hopefully properly equipped to guide you through your feelings towards it. Whether you have access to help or not tho, it will benefit your wellbeing also to find outlets (if you haven't already) to deal with your feelings at this time and gain self confidence. Things like art, craft, music, can all help - or physical like boxing, running, martial arts etc.

Anyway, be gentle with yourself, focus and look forward to the future when you will get to start fresh.
2022-11-01 18:00
Save
Give Thanks
MayFox
Resident vixen
Theriotype: Red Fox
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

(2022-11-01 17:54)limearey Wrote:  

(2022-11-01 17:40)TheyWolf123 Wrote:  I've never been called a monster by anyone. . . other than myself. I've killed one of my chickens before. I don't exactly know what happened because I was so out of it or whatever you call it. But I remember one time in 3rd grade when I was taking a nap on the field at recess and some kid woke me up. I reared up and pounced-ish on his head and held him there while I bit the back of his neck. No one else saw because they were all heading inside. I feel how you feel, Limeary. I'm scared of the things I can do. It's part of the darker side, of having a predatory theriotype. The reason I felt inclined to attack the kid who woke me up is because for any predator in the wild, sleeping is a very vulnerable position to be in. So when I was caught in what my predatory mind thought was a dangerous moment I lashed out to protect myself. Same to you. You felt unsafe, so you protected yourself. It's okay to be a predator, it's okay to be scared and needing protection, but what's not okay is that humans associate that with being a monster.

ya, and it dont help me with the fact that i have hellhound in me and the animail im conected to does to. if it gets to bad, hellhounds will do this thing that we call "going dark". not only will we take out the attakers, but we will also take out everyone around and whoever gets close to us. its like the rabbies that only effect the mind. alot lose themselfs to it and get stuck that way. its even more common to happen easer in hellhound and hellhound mixes that have horns and or external flames. i have horns, but internal flames. its sad that they see me as a monster, that they see anyone as a monster really.

Dont worry. I do not think of you as a monster.

I am May. I am autistic, so please be patient with me. Fox
2022-11-01 18:00
Save
Give Thanks
limearey
spirit
Contribution:

(2022-11-01 18:00)NovaFox Wrote:  

(2022-11-01 17:54)limearey Wrote:  

Dont worry. I do not think of you as a monster.

thx nova

2022-11-01 18:03
Save
Give Thanks