READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Why I beleive people are therians
Wolf.Dog
Pup
Theriotype: River Wolf, Arctic Wolf, Arctic Fox, Ginger cat
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

Why I beleive people are therians
So as a psychological and spiritual therian there are many reasons why I think people are therians. These are my speculations and I'll probably post multiple times to this thread.

Spiritual Wise:
- Past lives
- Religous reasons (a lot of religions are belief systems are based off animals)
- I feel like everyone is born with an animal inside them, some are stronger than others
- everyone also has a specific animal they are (could be my synistesia but I see everyone as a color, animal, and a number)

Psychological:
- A way to feel more "in your skin"
- Body/Species Dysphoria
- Coping mechanism
- I have found it could be related to Neurodivergence(?) A lot of people in the therian community are neurodivergent
- Stress releaiver

These are just some things I came up with, might continue to update it with more ideas and speculations.

Small minds cant comprehend big spirits.
To be great, you have to be willing to be
mocked,
hated,
and misunderstood.
Stay Strong!
uthere snep
2023-11-03 14:44
Save
Give Thanks
grays
Pup
Theriotype: Birds, dragon kintype..Avians.
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team.

RE: Why I beleive people are therians

(2023-11-03 14:44)PeterTheGhost Wrote:  ...Psychological:
- Body/Species Dysphoria
- Coping mechanism
- I have found it could be related to Neurodivergence(?) A lot of people in the therian community are neurodivergent
- Stress releaiver

These are just some things I came up with, might continue to update it with more ideas and speculations.

So, as far as psychological reasons, I tend to agree with the neurodivergence one, but I have a theory as to why this is, and the more you research it, the more it makes sense.

As we know, people with neurodivergencies tend to be different, not just in how they appear, but also in their personailties. A common difference with neurodivergents is tending to be more accepting and understanding because of hyperempathy, which is common in people with ASD like me. But, I do not experience hyperempathy.

Anyway, people with neurodivergencies tend to be more open to different identities and more accepting because they are different and have hyperempathy, if that makes any sense.
So it would make sense that more people who are neurodivergent are therians, because most people tend to lean toward wanting to fit the norm, while people with neurodivergencies don't.

Does that make any sense??

Tell me I'm forgiven, say you'll always be mine.

Say that everything is over, tell me I'm fine.

2023-11-03 15:11
Save
Give Thanks
Wolf.Dog
Pup
Theriotype: River Wolf, Arctic Wolf, Arctic Fox, Ginger cat
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

RE: Why I beleive people are therians

(2023-11-03 15:11)grays Wrote:  

(2023-11-03 14:44)PeterTheGhost Wrote:  ...Psychological:
- Body/Species Dysphoria
- Coping mechanism
- Stress releaiver

So, as far as psychological reasons, I tend to agree with the neurodivergence one, but I have a theory as to why this is, and the more you research it, the more it makes sense.

As we know, people with neurodivergencies tend to be different, not just in how they appear, but also in their personailties. A common difference with neurodivergents is tending to be more accepting and understanding because of hyperempathy, which is common in people with ASD like me. But, I do not experience hyperempathy.

Anyway, people with neurodivergencies tend to be more open to different identities and more accepting because they are different and have hyperempathy, if that makes any sense.
So it would make sense that more people who are neurodivergent are therians, because most people tend to lean toward wanting to fit the norm, while people with neurodivergencies don't.

Does that make any sense??

that makes total sense, i also tend to see is that people who are neurodivergent tend to have more “different” interests (eosically those with hyperfixations and special interests) so the interest in lets say animals or nature is more strong in people who are neurodivergent

Small minds cant comprehend big spirits.
To be great, you have to be willing to be
mocked,
hated,
and misunderstood.
Stay Strong!
uthere snep
2023-11-03 15:20
Save
Give Thanks