READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Theory of Therianthropy as a Developmental Adaptation to Trauma or Autism
Osprey
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Questioning
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

RE: Theory of Therianthropy as a Developmental Adaptation to Trauma or Autism
I don't remember any trauma or anything. My parents didn't hit me that much and the insults came after my brother left and I'd already believed I was a therian. I think. I don't really remember much more then a few years ago. As for autism I think that more therians are atusitic is because they tend to follow social rules less so autistic people are also more likely to be trans or gay. I think I may be autistic but I'm not diagnosed so I don't really have much to speak on and I'm really sorry if I've said anything wrong or rude.
2023-08-30 18:57
Save
Give Thanks
WanderingForests
Pup
Theriotype: coyote, cat, rodent?, bird?, dryad?
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

I think this is an interesting theory. I have definitely experienced some trauma from my parents and siblings when I was younger, and I think my possible cat theriotype partly came from the fact that since I was emotionally and physically neglected when I was a little kid, my cat took care of me. She passed a year and a half ago but I'll always think of her as my one true mother. I have noticed a lot of therians do have trauma, so this could definitely it and I wouldn't be surprised if therianthropy was some sort of neurodivergent experience.

Run fast, be safe, live free.

Most birds don't realize their wings can fly until they fall, only to find themselves soaring.
2023-08-30 20:49
Save
Give Thanks
crowboy13
Away
Pup
Theriotype: grey fox
Experience: (therian?)
Connection: Psychological
.$team.

my childhood was... quaint. but i do think that trauma has a lot to do with my therianthropy, i just recently have been digging into my therianthropy (about 4 months ago), but i have always felt out of place around people, tried REALLY hard to make friends (sometimes a little two hard) and they never lasted. I've been diagnosed with adhd and my mom thinks it's a hyperfixation, but i can conquer that it's not. I have had a LOT of trauma from ages 9+ and i think that has mustered my deep therianthropy out of myself. If that makes any sense lol. This thread is cool, good read as well

2024-03-02 20:45
Save
Give Thanks
LucySK
I love trotting
Theriotype: irish cob, red kite
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological

(2021-04-24 5:58)HoneycombPup Wrote:  
My traumas have no correlation to my therianthropy, I know this as fact. I have felt like an animal since I can remember, and my first traumatic experience was at 14. I had a relatively tame and happy childhood for the most part so it doesn't make sense to relate the two, at least in my experience, and I can assume in most therians experiences, frankly. This theory only seems applicable to a small amount of therians.

I see that you mention autism in the title, and I do feel like my autism may be related to my therianthropy for sure, but I don't really see you mention it in the post or anything.

off topic but how do i insert an image to my signature? yours looks lovelySmile

This user is horse and bird therian.
:horse) cawsmile
2024-03-06 18:43
Save
Give Thanks