READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

The ''true self'' theory that seems possible
ForesterLeaf
Away
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Draconic
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 

Lightbulb The ''true self'' theory that seems possible
Past lives has formed me who "I" am now. But the "me" /"I" is always here and the same, in every life. It is a state that is always the same.

My own opinion on alterhuman:

my opinion has changed this is what I can tell: I am not shure if a real "soul" exist. People will label it and try to give the true "self" a name. Everyone does this believe me I do it too.
I follow Buddhism right now. Buddhism is a practise. It is NOT A RELIGION.

So I still believe that I have past lives and also that I was a dragon once, but there is something, one inner fire, one inner thing, the deepest level that is the TRUE me. And I believe that that is a State Of Mind and not specifically a "soul". But my lives has formed me to who I am today. The State Of Mind as I call it: is always the same and will be the same forver: calm, the light itself , but also balance, meditative State Of Mind as I call it.

No one knows what the "self" exactly is. What I do know is that I'm not multiple souls + human soul combined to 1 -> me.

That is in my opninion an illusion.

The real me is just the same as always. Light itself. We just have our "bad" and "good" lairs around the true self. We have a choise: to let go of the illusion self and become truely free: Enlightenment.

To make it a little easier to imagine:
The ''true self'' is in the inner/deepest core throughout every life (past lives, now and future) the same. The shape however is shaped throughout every life because of that lives that I lived.

But again no one knows exactly what the ''deepest level of self'' is.

Yes I do not realy know if I'm a dragonkin that everyone expect me to be in their way. I'm questioning a little bit yes. But what I do know is that there is something NON HUMAN in me. Animalistic and draconic. I know there is more in me than only human
I know that I'm blessed with the Draconic gift from Tiamat the dragongoddes of Earth soo...,

[Image: 38ceba5132e168bfa300e6daeb28c6a3b85f395a.pnj]

Waiting for the New Golden Age in 2032 !!!
(This post was last modified: 2022-11-19 8:28 by ForesterLeaf.)
2022-11-19 8:26
Save
Give Thanks
Pushy zver
Banned
Theriotype: Irbis
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
silvertick 

RE: The ''true self'' theory that seems possible

(2022-11-19 8:26)ForesterLeaf Wrote:  my opinion has changed this is what I can tell: I am not shure if a real "soul" exist. People will label it and try to give the true "self" a name. Everyone does this believe me I do it too.
I follow Buddhism right now.[size=medium] Buddhism is a practise. It is NOT A RELIGION.

muzzlepaw...
this is a substitution of concepts, in Buddhism there are aspects based on faith, these are religious aspects. also in other religions there is a teaching, karan, bible or 108 volumes of ganjur. what is wrong with calling Buddhism a religion, I am not able to understand.

(2022-11-19 8:26)ForesterLeaf Wrote:  The real me is just the same as always. Light itself. We just have our "bad" and "good" lairs around the true self. We have a choise: to let go of the illusion self and become truely free: Enlightenment.

everything is mixed up, souls, bowls, enlightenment.

(2022-11-19 8:26)ForesterLeaf Wrote:  To make it a little easier to imagine:
The ''true self'' is in the inner/deepest core throughout every life (past lives, now and future) the same. The shape however is shaped throughout every life because of that lives that I lived.

this is Hinduism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%80tman_(Hinduism)

2022-11-19 11:36
Save
Give Thanks
EvergreenLion
Pup
Theriotype: Asiatic Lion
Contribution: tick 

That's an interesting theory. I believe the same thing in some aspects, however for some parts I have a different opinion. I do believe in past lives, though. I cannot say my opinion on the matter fully, because I only have experience with therianthropy, and am unsure about opinions on the reasoning behind otherkin and any other nonhuman identity other than therianthropy.

I plan to look further into nonhuman experiences other than therianthropy. Perhaps, if you are okay with it, you could tell me about your experience of having a dragon kintype, and how similar it is to being a therian? Smile

"Why do the humans come here, do you suppose?"
"Who knows why humans do anything?"
-Richard Adams, Watership Down
2022-11-19 17:17
Save
Give Thanks
ForesterLeaf
Away
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Draconic
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2022-11-19 17:17)EvergreenLion Wrote:  That's an interesting theory. I believe the same thing in some aspects, however for some parts I have a different opinion. I do believe in past lives, though. I cannot say my opinion on the matter fully, because I only have experience with therianthropy, and am unsure about opinions on the reasoning behind otherkin and any other nonhuman identity other than therianthropy.

I plan to look further into nonhuman experiences other than therianthropy. Perhaps, if you are okay with it, you could tell me about your experience of having a dragon kintype, and how similar it is to being a therian? Smile

Me/Sisudatu
I experience phantom: tail, muscles on the sides of my head wich looks like ears but actually function to lift up my hair (Sisu when she becomes angry), big paws with claws, also phantom spine.
Strong connection to water. I believe that Sisu/me is a child of Leviathan the dragongod of water. She has also Earth element, can live on Earth not only in water. One big horn on my crown chakra place.
I just know that I have colors: blue and pink. Blue stands for water and pink for love and heart (heart chakra)

+ draconic emotions/very strong emotions (think me of Turning Red from Pixar)

Tell me if you want to know more about my experiences.

[Image: 2c1e89a61d7152c0f3c574dab463e1a9cdf8a5cf.pnj]
This is what I want to say.

[Image: 38ceba5132e168bfa300e6daeb28c6a3b85f395a.pnj]

Waiting for the New Golden Age in 2032 !!!
(This post was last modified: 2022-11-20 9:13 by ForesterLeaf.)
2022-11-20 9:01
Save
Give Thanks
EvergreenLion
Pup
Theriotype: Asiatic Lion
Contribution: tick 

(2022-11-20 9:01)ForesterLeaf Wrote:  

(2022-11-19 17:17)EvergreenLion Wrote:  That's an interesting theory. I believe the same thing in some aspects, however for some parts I have a different opinion. I do believe in past lives, though. I cannot say my opinion on the matter fully, because I only have experience with therianthropy, and am unsure about opinions on the reasoning behind otherkin and any other nonhuman identity other than therianthropy.

Me/Sisudatu
I experience phantom: tail, muscles on the sides of my head wich looks like ears but actually function to lift up my hair (Sisu when she becomes angry), big paws with claws, also phantom spine.
Strong connection to water. I believe that Sisu/me is a child of Leviathan the dragongod of water. She has also Earth element, can live on Earth not only in water. One big horn on my crown chakra place.
I just know that I have colors: blue and pink. Blue stands for water and pink for love and heart (heart chakra)

+ draconic emotions/very strong emotions (think me of Turning Red from Pixar)

Tell me if you want to know more about my experiences.

[Image: 2c1e89a61d7152c0f3c574dab463e1a9cdf8a5cf.pnj]
This is what I want to say.

That's interesting: quite similar to being a therian, considering the phantom shifts and strong connections to specific things, you mentioned water. I can relate to this bit pretty well, since I feel a strong connection not only to lions but also the Asiatic lions habitat (the Gir forest), and other things relating to lions.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Smile

"Why do the humans come here, do you suppose?"
"Who knows why humans do anything?"
-Richard Adams, Watership Down
2022-11-20 11:21
Save
Give Thanks
Observant Demon
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 

Our 'true' self is never in a constant state of stagnation; like everything else it is always growing and changing. It is always in a state of shifting as it adapts as best it can in each environment it is born into.

Our core self is always being built upon..kinda like how a string of computer code is being used like a foundation of sorts where new code is added and integrated; parts are used as a situation demands while other aspects are in the background always ready to come to action whenever the situation deems it necessary.

Who I am now is being influenced by my biology, species, upbringing, parents and genetics, culture and -of course- my inner self.

I suppose even my core self goes through a slow process of growth that entails learning, adapting, adjusting...am I better than I once was? I suppose in some ways I am because I learned lessons not just in this lifetime but others.

There is no such thing as a 'human' soul nor a 'dog' or 'cat' soul...just a soul who possesses the energetic encoding of those species we lived as and their code or at least part of it comes to the fore to aid us in some manner yet we rarely know why.

Anyways..I'd say more but I'm tired and lacking in coffee...
2023-04-15 21:24
Save
Give Thanks