READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thank you
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Thank you
Hello everyone,

I hope you'll forgive me this rather self-serving and sentimental announcement. Smile

I've been with you here on TG for 9 years, 10 if you count the old TG where I was nothing more than a random outsider to TG. During this time, TG has been through a lot. There are many memories of good times and dark times, including many situations that seem rather unbelievable at this point.

I know some of you (the announcement is public and therefore visible to the world) may not be very fond of me still being around or some of the things you think I've done. Others, I've been told have appreciated my help here or even highly valued my loyalty to this community over the years.

As admin of a site this puts me in a somewhat authoritarian position where I decide the rules on TG. It's hard to say what the correct decisions would be in certain situations, yet seeing where we are now, I suppose most of them were not all that bad.

I appreciate everyone who's decided to stick with us over the years. As a community it's obviously true that this place would not be the same without you. I know even 5 years is a very long time for someone to stick around in an online community and yet here we are 10 years later.

I wanted to say I care about all of you and I wanted to thank you for sticking around for however long you've decided to stay with us, despite all those challenges.

I hope Therian Guide continues to deliver on being a useful resource for learning to deal with one's therianthropy. I certainly will continue to strive towards this goal.

Take care everyone.

For those who asked, the Wayback Machine has some snapshots of what the old TG forums looked like:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130402045145/http://therian-guide.com/forum/index.php

As you can see, the basic formula of TG hasn't really changed much. Tongue

I unfortunately don't have any backups of that place. (Click to View)

A lot of the people who were active at the time, weren't active anymore when the new forums started, and some of them turned out to not be the most agreeable people and were banned a few years down the line. Things change... I wish it could have been different.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2022-03-22 17:59 by DustWolf.)
2022-03-22 17:35
Save
Give Thanks
WhoAmI?
Pup
Theriotype: Fox, Siberian Tiger, Northwestern Wolf
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

RE: Thank you
I haven't been around on TG all that long but I can tell it's a great place.

I can tell that you've worked hard over the years to make this site the way it is today. Some of the decisions you have had to make maybe weren't the ones people were happy with but they were the ones that payed off.

So maybe I haven't been around for that long, but I want to thank you anyway. Thank you Dusty.

Hope you have a good day!
-Opal Heart

Oh. How we all carry such lonely and wild feeling inside of us
- Christopher
Poindexter
2022-03-22 17:59
Save
Give Thanks
Alone
Away
Membership declined
Theriotype:

I'm glad you're here and stuck around for as long as you have, Dust! You and the other members of the staff team have done wonders to ensure that TG is a safe, comfortable and informative place for all therians! Despite the negativity, I'm happy to be apart of this forum and getting to meet the amazing people here including you! Thank you, Dust, for all that you do for this community! :jagheart:
2022-03-22 19:54
Save
Give Thanks
Bubbles
Away
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Supportive human :>
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

Aaaaaaaah the Wayback x3 I actually know what that's from!

[Image: a.png]
(Tysm 2021 Secret Santa! <3)
2022-03-23 14:55
Save
Give Thanks
Saoirse Fiain
Fiáin Mac tíre
Theriotype: Werewolf
.$team..$team.

I just don't care about the stigma upon this place bestowed by outsiders anymore. I wouldn't be true to myself if I just up and left. TG has felt like a home to me through thick and thin. And I know it will continue to feel like a home to me for years to come.

Thank you, Dust, and everybody else, really. For making this place possible. I think my life would have been very different if it weren't for TG.

[Image: 1nZhgqH.png]
Celtic Werewolf|Watcher of Birds|Signature by @Xulff
◈ The truth is out there ◈
2022-03-24 13:42
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I love this place and I am glad to call it home. Smile Thanks for making this possible, Dusty et al.!

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
2022-03-27 16:17
Save
Give Thanks
-SERVALCAT-
Away
Copy cat
Theriotype: Red fox, and African serval
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

This is genuinely another family of mine. Thanks so much for making it happen!!

Chirp!
2022-03-27 17:20
Save
Give Thanks