READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Research By Therians
LyLyBlueberryPie
Enthusiastic Neophyte
Theriotype: Shifter, Bearhearted
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:

RE: Research By Therians
To me, what therianthropy means is still solidifying in the mind after several years of stubbornly looking the other way. Picking it up, I've found that it means a connection to natural life beyond humanity, not just by choice, but also by something greater; something that inherently resists control. These compulsions and urges come from within me, and upon examination, they invariably come some a source of wisdom that I know I do not command, but rather, converse with. I find a particular and personal connection with black bears, and this is often where this guidance comes from. But beyond this there is more to be understood by connecting to the forms and spirits of all life. This is where my therianthropy intersects my practice as a Hellenist. Through studying lycanthropic traditions in my practice's history, I try to glean wisdom and find release in harmony with my therianthropic identity.
To conclude, to me, therianthropy is both the spiritual wisdom and guidance from something beyond me, and is the psychological lot of life I find myself blessed with.
2023-11-08 20:48
Save
Give Thanks
TheUnknownGame
Aspiring Indie Video Game Developer
Theriotype: Ripplebellied cableglider (reptile/mammal hybrid)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team.

RE: Research By Therians

Quote:"Please note that the site "Wikipedia" cannot always be trusted. There is some valid information in there somewhere but not all of it is true. Please note that anyone can change the information on there so always do a deeper dive into a subject you are researching with valid resources. How can you figure out if it's a valid resource? One, if they list the site source they found their reasonings in. Along with the date, time, author yada yada. Where can you find that? It'll always be found at the bottom page of the blog. Two, if the site is .org, .edu, or even .gov.
I just wanted to get this out of the way real quick." -Mystic

Just wanted to elaborate: I did do further research on my own after first learning about therians in general. I agree; when doing serious research on any subject, Wikipedia should be a jumping-off point, a hub to find further citations and resources, not the end-all-be-all.

Nicknames: Noodle, Unknown, UG
Pronouns: they/he/she
Profile picture drawn by me, using no generative AI programs

"Know the power of words and of names, but most crucially,
the power in knowing one's true self."

-My sibling
2023-11-09 0:51
Save
Give Thanks