READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Pup safety
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Member is Online
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: Pup safety
Hi,

The law and actual safety are two different things.

In my experience having taken care of safety for a while on this site, the vulnerability is not so much in the personal information being shared, but in what you allow the other person to do to you willingly. Nobody is going to hunt you down because you filled out your age and the state you live in, intentionally flirting with some guy on the Internet, who claims to be your age though, is a different story.

We will take care of legal requirements. But what is important is that you understand that there are people on the Internet who are willing and capable of using you for their twisted purposes, and making you feel guilty for it. Just keep and eye out and immediately let a mod or admin know if you see anything suspicious or inappropriate, even if the person in question seems to be a friend. You must tell us so that we can protect you. And don't worry.. you can't go wrong and we can keep a secret.

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2016-01-15 16:04 by DustWolf.)
2016-01-15 16:03
Save
Give Thanks
AnOceanAway
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: Selkie
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Contribution:

Of course I will report any suspicious activity... However, there HAVE been cases where young kids put their age, where they live and photos out there, and people HAVE hunted them down. I think it's a little risky to say that it won't ever happen, because it most certainly has.
2016-01-15 21:24
Save
Give Thanks
that-one-err0r
Crooked Cryptid
Theriotype: Cryptid
Experience: Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 

Dustwolf, does thirteen count as underage?

Adam | It/He | 21 | Autistic
ISTJ-T | Chaotic Neutral
Otherkin | Fictionkin | Animalhearted

"As the boy layed there dormant,
all of his humanity drained into a murky puddle."
2016-03-27 21:03
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
silvertick 

(2016-03-27 21:03)Sahkari Wrote:  Dustwolf, does thirteen count as underage?

People 12 and under aren't allowed to join anymore, and anyone between the age of 13 and 16 is a "pup" on here.

2016-03-27 21:19
Save
Give Thanks
Wintrelic
Scottish Outcast
Theriotype: Wolf Hybrid and a Scottish Wildcat
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution:

Il keep an eye out, but I lack in romantic feelings and prefer to protect fellow beings and be 'married' to my dog instead. Irl I would not count myself as a pup but I am young still but very mature and a wise being.

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"
(This post was last modified: 2016-03-28 14:00 by Wintrelic.)
2016-03-28 13:59
Save
Give Thanks
Moduka Magica
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: Wolf
Contribution:

Thank you, Ill be on the look out. don't worry about me Smile

I'm Just A Howl away
Lila Night
2016-08-24 15:27
Save
Give Thanks
LycanTheory
Banned
Theriotype:
Experience: Human
tick tick tick 

I'd like to bump this and remind all of out young members that the staff here works around the clock to keep you safe from anyone who's intent may bode ill.

The thing is, with our territory having expanded past the forums and onto Discord and such, it's a lot to keep up with and this is where you, the pups, play a vital role in helping us.

If you read something, anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, from any member at any time, please don't hesitate in letting one of us know or, if you'd feel better talking to someone closer to your own age, our wonderful, trustworthy and caring @SnowFall is an excellent pup representative and can report things to us, if needed.

Do we always take action based on a report?

No. I'd say that more often than not our conclusion has been that something ended up being a misunderstanding or a miscommunication between two members

Will we take action if necessary?

Absolutely! As a parent and as the co-owner of Therian Guide, I can tell you that nothing is more important!

Regardless of if we take action or not, we will do everything within our power to keep things in strict confidentiality. Whatever you tell us will stay with us, as will your identity. The last thing we want is to make you feel embarrassed or even more uncomfortable.

Thanks, stay safe and enjoy TG

Lyc
2018-02-21 11:35
Save
Give Thanks
FanWarrior16
Curious Chimera
Theriotype: Chimera, Huldra, Pixie, Slender Demon & Xenomorph
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 

This post was a great idea and it's good to see. Internet safety, well, safety in general is very important. You just have to remind yourself to be careful and tread lightly when it comes to people you don't know. Don't fall for their tricks and don't feel guilty if you feel the need to block someone. Your personal safety is a top priority and you aren't obligated to keep in touch with someone who makes you uncomfortable and unsafe.
Just keep this in mind when you're interacting with others whether it's in person or online. Stay safe, everyone! Smile

Live in the present. Remember the past and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now. - Saphira - The Inheritance Cycle
2018-11-13 19:44
Save
Give Thanks
FanWarrior16
Curious Chimera
Theriotype: Chimera, Huldra, Pixie, Slender Demon & Xenomorph
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 

It's good to know that everyone is looking out for each other. There are many sites and forums who don't care about their users, but I'm glad this one is the exception. I'll be sure to report anything suspicious as well. Have a safe and happy day everyone! Smile

Live in the present. Remember the past and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now. - Saphira - The Inheritance Cycle
2018-11-13 19:48
Save
Give Thanks
Deleted_user_4075
Membership declined
Theriotype:
Experience: Human

I'll always be looking out for the "dodgy people." Smile
2019-04-24 23:55
Save
Give Thanks