READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Privacy
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
Theriotype: Arabian Wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Privacy
Hey guys,

I know you're probably sick of these popping up everywhere. Please take this one easy, I won't be posting any legal gibberish you would be forced to agree with to use the site, I'm just giving you a few options you may not have known of before.

Most of the time while using TG you are not sharing any personal information. You can post about yourself on the forums if you want to and you can place a pin on the usermap if you want to, but if you don't, you don't have to. Smile

So we are adding this possibility also to the two things you kinda have to share to get things.

One is the email address you enter when you register on the site. It is worth mentioning that the email isn't verified, but if you enter an incorrect email address, there will be some problems down the line and I'll pop up and get in touch. If you simply don't want to share your working email address, you can enter "username@unsubscribe.com" for the email. For example, I would enter "DustWolf@unsubscribe.com". This will go trough fine but email notifications of any sort will not work. You just won't get any emails, but there won't be any errors or anything.

The email address is stored on a database on the website and admins have access to it. It's used by the system when someone sends you an email trough the website, or for notification of threads you've subscribed to.

The other bit of personal information is a shipping address if you ordered any merch. This information is obviously required if you want to receive merch. The information is stored in our database as the PM you sent, in the system of the supplier, and is also once sent by email. If you want it deleted just let me know and I will head over and click delete. You can PM me or DM me on Discord or email me or message us on Facebook, so there's a lot of options for any circumstance.

We don't use the information for anything else.

On top of this we will also go trough our forums and delete some of those older accounts of people who never really posted on the site after / when joining and are probably not around to read this notice.

Don't worry, we won't delete anyone who might still be around or has posted anything valuable.

If you come back and realize your account is gone, just make a new one. Most people do this anyway.

I'll update this later if there's anything to add.

Thanks for reading!

LP,
Dusty

If you think I'm wrong just say so. Let's talk about it.
Most problems are man-made.

[Image: therapy%20wolf.png]
(This post was last modified: 2018-06-02 13:55 by DustWolf.)
2018-06-02 13:48
Save
Give Thanks
Ishvala
The Bookworm
Theriotype: Wolf
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
silvertick 
.$team.

RE: Privacy

(2018-06-02 13:48)DustWolf Wrote:  The other bit of personal information is a shipping address if you ordered any merch. This information is obviously required if you want to receive merch. The information is stored in our database as the PM you sent, in the system of the supplier, and is also once sent by email. If you want it deleted just let me know and I will head over and click delete. You can PM me or DM me on Discord or email me or message us on Facebook, so there's a lot of options for any circumstance.

Also as a small side note:

For those of you who want merch but do not want to give out your address to TG there are P.O Boxes you can use to receive merch without having to give any personal information.

Obviously this is an option for those who, like me, prefer to keep their address a secret and have a few bucks to pay for one every six months.

How much it costs depends on the size. As an example the one I have currently is the smallest and costs me $20 every six months, but this can vary with location and the mailing service you use.

The smallest size is recommended because it should be enough for buttons, blankets, T Shirts, Mugs, and other things of that nature while still remaining cheap enough for most to afford.
If for some reason it isn't big enough, the Mailing service/building you paid to store your mail will hold onto it and give you a call to pick it up so there shouldn't be any fear of losing your merch.

This is a great option to look into if you really want an item (from anywhere, not just TG) but are afraid or otherwise unwilling to give your address out.

(This post was last modified: 2018-06-03 12:57 by Ishvala.)
2018-06-03 12:51
Save
Give Thanks
PinkDolphin
Away
Dogolphin (PD)
Theriotype: swiss white shepherd, Pink River Dolphin
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

Sorry for popping in, but I don't really understand what's going on. Something about an email? What email? Where? Filled in wherer? For what?

As well do I read that "If you come back and realize your account is gone, just make a new one. Most people do this anyway.". I ask myself, why would it be gone? When will it be gone? It will be gone if we do or don't do what?

Sorry, but I read your post multiple times, and I do understand the parts about that you won't use any inormation for anything else etc etc. But I don't understand those two parts. Could you bring me some light?

WOOF!
PD

[Image: mee_lil.png]
WOOF!
PD
2018-06-03 15:46
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

(2018-06-03 15:46)PinkDolphin Wrote:  Sorry for popping in, but I don't really understand what's going on. Something about an email? What email? Where? Filled in wherer? For what?

When you register on the forums you have to fill in an email address. The post explains what to do if you don't want to give us your working email address when registering.

(2018-06-03 15:46)PinkDolphin Wrote:  As well do I read that "If you come back and realize your account is gone, just make a new one. Most people do this anyway.". I ask myself, why would it be gone? When will it be gone? It will be gone if we do or don't do what?

It refers to the two paragraphs immediately before the one you quoted:

(2018-06-02 13:48)DustWolf Wrote:  On top of this we will also go trough our forums and delete some of those older accounts of people who never really posted on the site after / when joining and are probably not around to read this notice.

Don't worry, we won't delete anyone who might still be around or has posted anything valuable.

So in other words, if you register to TG and make an introduction and get declined and then just leave the forums and never come back, we might delete that account. So if you come back after getting declined and leaving for a long time and find that the username you registered no longer exists, just make a new registration.

This obviously doesn't really apply to anyone you know on TG.

LP,
Dusty

2018-06-08 15:51
Save
Give Thanks
ArchieAce
Local Cockatoo Thing
Theriotype: Cockatoo, Maned Wolf, Fictionkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

Thanks for the info!
2018-06-13 1:34
Save
Give Thanks
DustWolf
Therian Guide Staff
Support pup
tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick 
.$team.

Hey guys,

So as per the law I'm required to be super clear about this. This is our privacy policy thread, so I'm replying here.

TG uses cookies for two purposes:
1. to enable site functionality such as logging in or switching on dark mode,
2. for search engine optimisation (most people find TG using Google), to make the site easy to find for therians

No personal information, etc, is tracked using these cookies. The data is not shared with any 3rd parties (it's saved on your computers, the TG server and Google's infrastructure).

We don't implement or intend to implement things like ads, ad personalization, AI analytics, etc, and the data is not shared for those purposes at Google.

LP,
Dusty

2022-12-11 22:25
Save
Give Thanks