READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

On CW/TW/PSA
d0ggie_dr00l
dog pound fugitive
Theriotype: Wolfdog
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 

RE: On CW/TW/PSA
im,, still getting over trigger warnings. like i have some stuff that makes me feel real bad, but i don't ask for others like.. to care? like its ok to be triggered for me cause it is slowly letting me get through it

.∧__,,∧
( ´·ω·` )
(つ♡と)
u―u´
i wuv u <3
2021-09-26 1:05
Save
Give Thanks
that-one-err0r
Crooked Cryptid
Theriotype: Cryptid
Experience: Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 

I agree with a lot of what the others have said about tws/cws. For me, it actually causes as more harmful than good in a lot of senses. It makes me worried that something bad is going to come up. I would rather it just happen and if it's something that makes me uncomfortable I just don't look at it/listen to it. A lot of discord servers/communities that I'm in go overboard with the tw/cws. It's also concerning that the majority of them are anywhere between 13-15 years old. What I mean by that, it's sort of setting them up to think that the adult world will have tws everywhere when that's not true. I'm not saying that I don't have triggers, I'm just saying that stuff is going to catch up to you eventually. So there's not always going to be tws to protect you or warn you. Anyway, weird bird's talk over. Laugh Thank you for the psa Dust!

Adam | It/He | 21 | Autistic
ISTJ-T | Chaotic Neutral
Otherkin | Fictionkin | Animalhearted

"As the boy layed there dormant,
all of his humanity drained into a murky puddle."
2021-09-26 10:05
Save
Give Thanks
runaway..maka
Campfire Guitar Guy
Theriotype: Canine, Northern Bobcat
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

i support and don't support tws honestly.
I had a friend who knew someone who wanted 'socks' tagged which is clearly a joke or they're telling themselves that triggers them when it doesn't.
I do think certain things like blood/gore should be mentioned if its in the picture you're sending though and if you're reading an online fanfiction or something, the author should mention beforehand if the story includes topics like self-harm, drugs, or something that may genuinely trigger someone. Of course actual books and authors don't need these warnings, as topics like that can be anywhere, that's how it is in mature books.
Then again, if you're triggered by something so much it genuinely hurts you then maaybe you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

not online much so if its urgent, please message my discord cheesus#8573

therian-guide's official campfire guitar guy
2021-09-28 18:11
Save
Give Thanks