READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

My Personal Theory to Therianthropy
SpicyWaffles
Pup
Theriotype: Red Squirrel, Mockingbird
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

My Personal Theory to Therianthropy
Hello everyone. I think it's around time I share my personal theory on why I am a therian. Please keep in mind that this is my theory, and it's not meant to invalidate others who may think differently. It might be really similar to other theories but I just wanted to share my personal view.

I'll put it simply. I believe that my experiences as a therian were a way for my subconsciousness to process either my anxiety or trauma. Now, I could be wrong, but this is what makes the most sense to me. Before I went through the traumatic experiences, I wasn't as affected by my anxiety as I am today. I had a pretty easy life, no bullying or stressful situations and plenty of friends. Then I moved to a public school, and it (the traumatic experiences) happened. I started seeing things differently, in short. I started acting differently, and my performance in school decreased. Socializing with others was living hell. That's when I believed that I started experiencing things that are associated with therianthropy/alterhumanity.

I don't believe that you can just magically become a therian one day. I think that you have to be in the correct environment since a very young age for your subconsciousness to develop those things. As for me, I used to attend a very special private school that was nearly 100% outdoors, and I regularly learned about nature and learned a crap ton about it. And in case you were wondering how the hell my parents could afford that kind of school, well, they couldn't. They were on financial aid for a while, then got a free year of education due to special circumstances that I won't be saying.

Essentially, it's something psychological and a way for my brain of coping (which is very similar to other theories out there, I know). That also may be why I tend to have more shifts and a more animalistic mindset during times of anxiety.

That's it, really. Apologies if this is sloppily written, I'm on new meds for my migraines as of today and it makes me really tired. Feel free to ask any questions or smth.

Matt | He/Him | INTP | Alterhuman & Furry

"But what the world fails to realize is that a villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told."
- Chris Colfer

2024-08-20 23:53
Save
Give Thanks
LavenderWobbleDragon
Pup
Theriotype: Cataphractos angeli, (ask for info, more kintypes
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
.$team.

RE: My Personal Theory to Therianthropy

(2024-08-20 23:53)SpicyWaffles Wrote:  Hello everyone. I think it's around time I share my personal theory on why I am a therian. Please keep in mind that this is my theory, and it's not meant to invalidate others who may think differently. It might be really similar to other theories but I just wanted to share my personal view.

I'll put it simply. I believe that my experiences as a therian were a way for my subconsciousness to process either my anxiety or trauma. Now, I could be wrong, but this is what makes the most sense to me. Before I went through the traumatic experiences, I wasn't as affected by my anxiety as I am today. I had a pretty easy life, no bullying or stressful situations and plenty of friends. Then I moved to a public school, and it (the traumatic experiences) happened. I started seeing things differently, in short. I started acting differently, and my performance in school decreased. Socializing with others was living hell. That's when I believed that I started experiencing things that are associated with therianthropy/alterhumanity.

I don't believe that you can just magically become a therian one day. I think that you have to be in the correct environment since a very young age for your subconsciousness to develop those things. As for me, I used to attend a very special private school that was nearly 100% outdoors, and I regularly learned about nature and learned a crap ton about it. And in case you were wondering how the hell my parents could afford that kind of school, well, they couldn't. They were on financial aid for a while, then got a free year of education due to special circumstances that I won't be saying.

Essentially, it's something psychological and a way for my brain of coping (which is very similar to other theories out there, I know). That also may be why I tend to have more shifts and a more animalistic mindset during times of anxiety.

That's it, really. Apologies if this is sloppily written, I'm on new meds for my migraines as of today and it makes me really tired. Feel free to ask any questions or smth.

But it's just a theory, a therian theory I just wanted to say that sorry

- A secretary bird dragon thing on an android phone who can't figure out how to change her avatar

[Image: second_easter_dragon__skyrix__by_happybu...rEkYyX4l-Y]
2024-08-21 18:38
Save
Give Thanks
SpicyWaffles
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-08-21 18:38)LavenderWobbleDragon Wrote:  But it's just a theory, a therian theory I just wanted to say that sorry

Um, that's why it's in the "Explanations of Therianthropy" subforum...? Also wdym "just a theory"? I'm a bit confused as to what you meant here.

"But what the world fails to realize is that a villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told."
- Chris Colfer

(This post was last modified: 2024-08-21 18:43 by SpicyWaffles.)
2024-08-21 18:42
Save
Give Thanks
LavenderWobbleDragon
Pup
Theriotype: Cataphractos angeli, (ask for info, more kintypes
.$team.

(2024-08-21 18:42)SpicyWaffles Wrote:  

(2024-08-21 18:38)LavenderWobbleDragon Wrote:  But it's just a theory, a therian theory I just wanted to say that sorry

Um, that's why it's in the "Explanations of Therianthropy" subforum...? Also wdym "just a theory"? I'm a bit confused as to what you meant here.

Media reference

- A secretary bird dragon thing on an android phone who can't figure out how to change her avatar

[Image: second_easter_dragon__skyrix__by_happybu...rEkYyX4l-Y]
2024-08-21 18:45
Save
Give Thanks
SpicyWaffles
Pup
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-08-21 18:45)LavenderWobbleDragon Wrote:  

Media reference

Ah.

- Chris Colfer

2024-08-21 18:46
Save
Give Thanks
polykin and therian
Canine like humanoid creature
Theriotype: Cladotherian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

(2024-08-21 18:46)SpicyWaffles Wrote:  

(2024-08-21 18:45)LavenderWobbleDragon Wrote:  

Media reference

Ah.

It is from a group of theory channels on YouTube and the last thing they say is always "but hey that is just a theory a ___ theory thanks for watching. The blank in filled in depending on the kind of theory it is like game, film, style or food

2024-09-06 3:27
Save
Give Thanks