READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Multi-universe/dimensional theory
Observant Demon
Lost in Life
Theriotype: Demonae
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

RE: Multi-universe/dimensional theory
The universe is immeasurably huge; so huge that it is infinite and the current level of our scientific horizon is still embarrassingly small.
That said, there does seem to be this idea that one's kintype or theriotype can only come from beings on this planet and I often thought that since the universe will never be fully explored why can't the beings that one's kintypes' (I use kintype to include therio as well so I don't hafta keep typing it out) hales from be from other worlds, other dimensions or parallel worlds?

Dragons, for example, may not exist in our earth world but is it not possible that they exist on other earth-like worlds. (maybe not exactly as how one envisions it but pretty darned close nonetheless)

The same can apply to demons too or any being that we currently view as mythological; so to write off their existence is to basically shut ones self off to the plethora of possibilities.
2022-12-18 16:30
Save
Give Thanks
EvergreenLion
Pup
Theriotype: Asiatic Lion
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick 

That's a really cool theory! :lion: I personally believe in other dimensions but I have no specific theories about it. I believe that I am a therian because I was a lion in my last life and I still kinda have a somewhat lion soul in this life. Maybe I'm a lion in another universe dimension thingy, honestly who knows?! It would explain a lot of things in therianthropy, I think.

"Why do the humans come here, do you suppose?"
"Who knows why humans do anything?"
-Richard Adams, Watership Down
2022-12-19 13:01
Save
Give Thanks
Thorn
Away
Therian Territory
Theriotype: Black Phase Wolf, Betta Fish
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
.$team..$team.

(2022-12-18 16:30)Observant Demon Wrote:  The universe is immeasurably huge; so huge that it is infinite and the current level of our scientific horizon is still embarrassingly small.
That said, there does seem to be this idea that one's kintype or theriotype can only come from beings on this planet and I often thought that since the universe will never be fully explored why can't the beings that one's kintypes' (I use kintype to include therio as well so I don't hafta keep typing it out) hales from be from other worlds, other dimensions or parallel worlds?

Dragons, for example, may not exist in our earth world but is it not possible that they exist on other earth-like worlds. (maybe not exactly as how one envisions it but pretty darned close nonetheless)

The same can apply to demons too or any being that we currently view as mythological; so to write off their existence is to basically shut ones self off to the plethora of possibilities.

Yep, this theory fits with a lot of alterhuman identities, not just therian. To my knowledge the theory is more known within the otherkin community as well, but that's a coincidence for me. I also like the fact that the theory fits with the idea of otherhearted and feeling a connection tied to the identity that doesn't fully fit with therianthropy.
For the longest time I've felt like a part of me is ape, and this is actually and species that I've questioned before I discovered my betta identity, but right now I feel like it's a kind of identity that the alterhuman community currently does not have specific term for. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes sense when holding onto this theory.

(2022-12-19 13:01)EvergreenLion Wrote:  That's a really cool theory! :lion: I personally believe in other dimensions but I have no specific theories about it. I believe that I am a therian because I was a lion in my last life and I still kinda have a somewhat lion soul in this life. Maybe I'm a lion in another universe dimension thingy, honestly who knows?! It would explain a lot of things in therianthropy, I think.

The idea of time and space get wonky with this theory, so it can also easily be related to past lives.

~ Thorn
[Image: ufu]
"Life is as colorful as you make it."
(This post was last modified: 2022-12-19 13:20 by Thorn.)
2022-12-19 13:19
Save
Give Thanks
House of Psychos
Long, long way from home
Theriotype: Angel
Experience: Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

Personally, I believe in the theory of a multiverse. I don't have a specific theory about it, but I believe that souls of critters from these dimensions can travel though the multiverse and even reincarnate somewhere else. Further I believe that there are some kind of "dimensional leaks" (where they are close to each other), where some beings are able to travel into the other world through them. And that some of them did this. And that there are some earth-like dimensions with, e.g. Dragons.
Generally I find theories of the multiverse really interesting.

he/him

"You always have a choice. You can either roll over and die or you can keep fighting."
2022-12-19 13:38
Save
Give Thanks
DaHarellan
Aiden
Theriotype: shifter dragon
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution:
.$team.

this is also how I would explain my theriotype, I don't know if you saw the movie "everything, everywhere, all at once" but I think you would really like it !

this is also the reason why I don't have a set depiction of my dragon self and it changes over time at key moments of my life, as if to match the reality I'm creating with my decisions. Maybe each time my dragon appearance changes, it's because I am in connection with a slighty different version of the dragon, like I'm in sync with myself and depending on which path I take it self actualize my theriotype, I don't know how to explain but because it's shifting between the different realities where i am a dragon, I call this "species" a shifter dragon for that reason.

and lord is it difficult to explain in English coming From French orz

Du hast den Kampf noch nicht verlor´n
Du kommst zurück, hast Du geschwor´n!
Und wenn die Hexe wiederkehrt
Dann bleibt kein Richter unversehrt
~Faun - Schrei es in die Winde
2023-01-22 20:40
Save
Give Thanks
420scenegirlwoofer
:3
Theriotype: Zombie-werewolf-vampirekin cladotherian puppykin
Contribution: tick 
.$team.

the multiverse thing really makes sense! i love the idea of it as well :3

“異体同心”translation:”Two bodies, same heart"

[Image: 984644138-tumblr_m8icouCeDo1r9zm6oo1_500.jpg]
[Image: tquote.jpg]
2023-02-02 15:02
Save
Give Thanks
Vintage
Sword with a 'Z'
Theriotype: Wolf, Zhuard...horse & crow kith
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick 
silvertick silvertick silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team.

I believe in different dimensions and planes of existence, and I also believe in areas in which these planes intersect (which is a fairly popular theory).

I personally do not believe in complete parallel universes or having 'two' biological copies of you in different places at once running in full capacity. Soul bonding and soul sharding is one thing, but 'alternate timeline' theories never made any good sense to me in any aspect. This is just my opinion.

_
-
**Timber wolf therian-- Zhuard-- horse/crow hearted**

*~Being kin is a journey. See through the challenges and speak on the revelations.*

-Deviantart/Tumblr: Thebridgebeyond-
2023-02-03 23:55
Save
Give Thanks
Alliana
Aloof werewolf
Theriotype: werewolf/jaguar
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team..$team..$team.

I mainly believe in alternate realities, even had dreams where I saw different ones. But for someone to be their therioside/kintype in a universe? Possibly, I mean anything is possible within the multiverse.

But yeah, I like that idea.

Avatar comes from my good friend Yvvki outside of TG. Smile Thank you so much for doing it!
2023-02-04 21:37
Save
Give Thanks
jackalhyde
New
Theriotype: Golden Jackal (Canis aureus)
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

This gets complicated fast with physics, but seems interesting!
2023-02-06 16:53
Save
Give Thanks