READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Multi-universe/dimensional theory
Thorn
Away
Therian Territory
Theriotype: Black Phase Wolf, Betta Fish
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
.$team..$team.

Information Multi-universe/dimensional theory
I have made a post about this before, but since this thread was opened up for the Therian Guide itself I wanted to retry explaining how I believe my therianthropy exists.

This theory is more common amongst people who are Otherkin rather than Therians only because this theory provides for anything to be possible and for every type of experience to have an explanation. I don't know why exactly I began to believe that this is how I am connected to my theriotypes, but I do know that, for me, it's the best explanation for how I would explain my experiences.

For this theory, one must believe in the multiverse hypothesis, which was known to be believed in by Steven Hawkings. I will give a short explanation of this theory, but I suggest you do more research should you want to know more about it. This is a YouTube video I found that provides the best explanation about the theory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OoaNPSZeM
The Multiverse hypothesis is a theory where people believe that our universe is not alone. Instead of one "big bang", there were several, which all individually created their own universe with their own rules of physics. Some hereby believe that the atoms that caused the many big bangs were quite similar, which caused the outcome of their universes to look a lot alike. They are only slightly altered due to the fact that several situations happened to go down a different path than another universe (closeby).

This is where I want to mention the Nelson Mandela effect. This effect means that a certain group of people remember a certain event, look of a character, names, dates, etc, differently from what is reality. This effect got its name from the fact that many people distinctively remember that Nelson Mandela died in prison before he was ever able to get out, while in reality, Nelson Mandela died several years after doing his time. Another example of this is that a lot of people remember the Pokémon Pikachu to have a black part at the end of his tail, while in reality, it's completely yellow. Or that the Berenstein Bears are actually called the Berenstain Bears (yes, really!).
This theory indicates that somehow, one of these universes overlapped one another, causes people to cross universes with slightly altered realities.

This is where I bring in my therianthropy because this is the root of my spiritual theory of it. I also have a psychological belief, mainly with my Betta Fish theriotype which just seems to be a physical association I have with myself, but that's beside the point. I believe that everyone in this world has endless amounts of versions of themselves in another universe. Endless, so not only one's therio- or kintypes. But I think that somehow, I have a specific connection with the two universes where I am a Silver Wolf and a Betta Fish. The shifts I experience can be explained with the Nelson Mandela effect, where the two universes cross one another that causes me and my wolf or betta version to overlap in any form (depending on what type of shift).

What makes this theory so believable is the fact that it's one of the only theories that explain the fluidity that therianthropy can bring. I often see therians mentioning that they hesitate if they are kith or kin with a specific animal. This theory would explain that you are connected to a universe with a version of yourself with that specific species, but perhaps the connection just isn't as strong as an actual theriotype.
I would also explain how people can have self-invented fictotypes, or how people would experience memories of a theriotype (although this is usually associated with the past-life theory).

If you do not agree with anything I said, you can of course start a debate about it. This is simply how I see my therianthropy and how I often see other's unless they tell me they believe otherwise. I'd also love to know if any of you have the same theory or a slightly altered one! Big Grin

~ Thorn
[Image: ufu]
"Life is as colorful as you make it."
2021-04-11 13:22
Save
Give Thanks
Cordyceps Canine
Guarded by Cletus
Theriotype: (Alien?) Pye-dog / Ferret + Cletus
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick tick tick 

RE: Multi-universe/dimensional theory
That's actually really interesting. I love thinking about the universe and the multiverse stuff comes up quite often when I do.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's infinite alternate realities we don't even know about. Because we are supposed to live in this one. I can't confirm nor deny that of course. So I simply accept the possibility.

I often wonder why I suddenly felt drawn to ferrets so much. After all I knew of the animal since forever but that draw came out of nowhere.

I like to kinda drift over into thinking: The brain sees more than the eyes do. But why is that the case? Why can something like a tulpa develop on accident? How come that some artists can make up all kinds of crazy worlds and creatures and it feels so alive?

I draw the best pictures if I just stop thinking...just have a concept and move with it while at it. Always feels like a glimpse into another world in the end.

So: I wouldn't be surprised personally if that's why therianthropy is so unique for every person. Smile

Also: Self-invented fictotypes? Would that mean an OC that turned out to be more? Really curious about that.

[Image: Photo-1676084552894-removebg-preview.png]
I might splinter. But I don't break. ~Dirk Strider
(This post was last modified: 2021-08-17 22:12 by Cordyceps Canine.)
2021-08-17 22:08
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor
Theriotype: n/a
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 

I was about to make a joke about multiverse elections but that might get me into trouble. Tongue

I don't think there is any way to prove or disprove multiverse theory if different universes have different laws of physics. It would be like trying to use a ruler to measure time (and not using it as a sundial lol). I think dissociative phenomena + imagination explains therian, otherkin, and fictionals just as well. "Multiple versions of you" sounds like a description of OSDD-1a.

previously a wolf spirit
2021-08-18 0:21
Save
Give Thanks
Cordyceps Canine
Guarded by Cletus
Theriotype: (Alien?) Pye-dog / Ferret + Cletus
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)

@Tdae

Yeah, there's truth to that. But sometimes it's quite nice to let science talk and be open to more "out there" type stuff. At least for me. Life would be quite boring otherwise...

[Image: Photo-1676084552894-removebg-preview.png]
I might splinter. But I don't break. ~Dirk Strider
2021-08-18 1:30
Save
Give Thanks
kaiyoht
wide-eyed walker
Theriotype: Coyote
Contribution: tick tick 

I mean, technically, you can measure time with a ruler! You just need an additional something that travels at a known velocity. Light, for example, travels a foot in about a nanosecond, so if you could track when a photon passes the front and then the back of a ruler, you'd know a nanosecond had passed. (In practice, this is more or less how a meter is defined -- the amount of distance light travels in a vacuum in whatever amount of time -- but the fun thing about this sort of experiment is that it works in both directions, depending on whether you're assuming you already have a definition for time or distance first). And of course, for a while, seconds were defined in terms of how long an average day was, so sundials still have importance in terms of the history of how we measure things, even if they're a bit imprecise! This is less a useful tangent and more just a Neat Science Thing. It just turns out that a lot of the things we measure physically are interrelated in bizarre and fascinating ways!

I definitely always liked stories and such that featured multiverses. I mean, usually those stories would just be relatively straightforward things like, well, if we branch out here we see what would have happened if somebody made a different decision about something. But I was always hopeful to see universes where animal-people of some kind were around, if only to travel there in my imagination.

I do like that this theory is flexible with different experiences of therianthropy. Now, I'm not the sort of person that needs a solid explanation for therianthropy; as long as I know that I've experienced the things I've experienced, that's good enough for me. But theories that assert there's only one thing that could possibly cause therianthropy have this issue of, well, if I don't match the assumption it makes, then what does that make me? And I don't see this really having that problem so much.

An interesting thought occurs to me, though; whatever force that connects one to another universe, does it necessarily have to be connecting to the same time in another universe? If that connection isn't strictly bound to one time across the universes (or universes aren't exactly aligned in time, or what have you), then it seems like that could also relate to things like past-life experiences in the same way people generally mean when they bring those up -- it's just the same sort of connection to a time-shifted version of the same universe.

[Image: DDPXv0Z.png]
novus ordo bestiarum
2021-08-18 6:17
Save
Give Thanks
Thorn
Away
Therian Territory
Theriotype: Black Phase Wolf, Betta Fish
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
.$team..$team.

(2021-08-18 0:21)Tdae Wrote:  "Multiple versions of you" sounds like a description of OSDD-1a.

I find it strange that you compare having multiple dimensional versions of yourself as having OSDD because obviously, this is a case of multiple physical versions of yourself, not only mental. Unless you meant it as a joke of course.

The fun part about the theory is that because you cannot prove it right or wrong, it IS a possibility, and so it's not even a belief per se.

(2021-08-18 6:17)kaiyoht Wrote:  An interesting thought occurs to me, though; whatever force that connects one to another universe, does it necessarily have to be connecting to the same time in another universe? If that connection isn't strictly bound to one time across the universes (or universes aren't exactly aligned in time, or what have you), then it seems like that could also relate to things like past-life experiences in the same way people generally mean when they bring those up -- it's just the same sort of connection to a time-shifted version of the same universe.

Yes, I believe the same thing. Literally anything about therianthropy is possible with this theory really. It also indicates that one can have a specific connection to an animal but not to the point that it becomes an identity. Because there are endless versions of yourself. It also explains cameo-shifts for example.

~ Thorn
[Image: ufu]
"Life is as colorful as you make it."
(This post was last modified: 2021-08-18 14:19 by Thorn.)
2021-08-18 14:15
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor

(2021-08-18 14:15)Kyra Wrote:  

(2021-08-18 0:21)Tdae Wrote:  "Multiple versions of you" sounds like a description of OSDD-1a.

I find it strange that you compare having multiple dimensional versions of yourself as having OSDD because obviously, this is a case of multiple physical versions of yourself, not only mental. Unless you meant it as a joke of course.

The fun part about the theory is that because you cannot prove it right or wrong, it IS a possibility, and so it's not even a belief per se.

Of course I wasn't kidding. I was suggesting the perception of multiple versions of you can be better explained by psychology than cosmology and that it is described in the field of psychology. It needn't even be in the context of a disorder but for whatever reason the brain "decided" to make multiple instances of you.

This might be a bit of a stretch about multiple physical versions, but awhile back I posted a topic I called "somatic stuff." I was talking about something that is conceptually similar to p-shifting, except real and medically documented. Apparently it's something therians rarely experience and there wasn't much interest in the topic though.

Truthfully the mathematics to explain why multiverse is possible, that is so far beyond my comprehension. I prefer to muse over the nature of consciousness and the possibility of non-duality.

In a similar vein... I have considered the possibility that I really did encounter an actual wolf ghost and it wasn't just something my mind fabricated. In that case the multiverse explanation would kind of fit as a "different version of me" being a wolf existing in the early 20th century.

previously a wolf spirit
2021-08-19 3:23
Save
Give Thanks
GreatLakesWolf
Shapeshifting Fox
Theriotype: Champagne Fox / Shapeshifter
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

[/quote]
awhile back I posted a topic I called "somatic stuff." I was talking about something that is conceptually similar to p-shifting, except real and medically documented. Apparently it's something therians rarely experience and there wasn't much interest in the topic though.
[/quote]

Do you mind elaborating on this? I don't see how something real can be similar to p-shifting, just because it seems so impossible.
2021-08-19 3:42
Save
Give Thanks
Tdae
visitor

(2021-08-19 3:42)GreatLakesWolf Wrote:  

Tdae Wrote:awhile back I posted a topic I called "somatic stuff." I was talking about something that is conceptually similar to p-shifting, except real and medically documented. Apparently it's something therians rarely experience and there wasn't much interest in the topic though.

Do you mind elaborating on this? I don't see how something real can be similar to p-shifting, just because it seems so impossible.

I hope I don't get into trouble for misleading language or derailing the topic here, so to be clear I'm not talking about fantasy shape shifting but physiological changes in DID patients. There have been a handful of therians who have mentioned unusual physiologic stuff related to therianthropy too. But there wasn't much interest in the topic anyway. I put it in the adult section because I'm not sure if it's appropriate for younger people. Here is the topic I posted.

Excerpt:

Quote:Physiological differences among alternate identities. Case reports and studies using small groups of DID patients and controls who simulate different “alternate identities” have found significant physiologic differences in DID patients compared to controls that manifest in a variety of behavioral ways. These include differences in visual acuity, medication responses, allergies, plasma glucose levels in diabetic patients, heart rate, blood pressure readings, galvanic skin response, muscle tension, laterality, immune function, electroencephalography and evoked potential patterns, functional magnetic resonance imaging activation, and brain activation and regional blood flow using single photon emission computed tomography and positron emission tomography among others (Loewenstein & Putnam, 2004; Putnam, 1984, 1991b; Reinders et al., 2006; ¸Sar, Ünal, Kiziltan, Kundakci, & Öztürk, 2001; Vermetten, Schmal, Lindner, Loewenstein, & Bremner, 2006). Overall, DID patients as a group show greater physiological variability between their identities compared to simulated identities in controls, rather than the kinds of reproducible differences found between different individuals.

Quote:In 2015, doctors in Germany reported the extraordinary case of a woman who suffered from what has traditionally been called “multiple personality disorder” and today is known as “dissociative identity disorder” (DID). The woman exhibited a variety of dissociated personalities (“alters”), some of which claimed to be blind. Using EEGs, the doctors were able to ascertain that the brain activity normally associated with sight wasn’t present while a blind alter was in control of the woman’s body, even though her eyes were open. Remarkably, when a sighted alter assumed control, the usual brain activity returned.

The sources were from the ISSTD website and Scientific American magazine if I remember right.

previously a wolf spirit
2021-08-19 4:13
Save
Give Thanks
ForesterLeaf
Away
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Draconic
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Connection: Spiritual

I realy love the idea of a multiverse. And deja vu's that are matching and Mandela effect. Realy good theory.

[Image: 38ceba5132e168bfa300e6daeb28c6a3b85f395a.pnj]

Waiting for the New Golden Age in 2032 !!!
2022-12-07 13:03
Save
Give Thanks