READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Maybe everyone is a therian/otherkin?
Bearlin
Constant new Theriotypes, send help
Theriotype: Bear, Goblin, Shark, Fawn, Pyroraptor
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:

Maybe everyone is a therian/otherkin?
I got a theory that everyone is someone sort of therian or otherkin, or whatever other sort of kins out there. The only difference there is between us and them are that we accept our natural animal tendencies and don't try to stomp them down.

It could have a connection to how much people have pulled away from nature since over time more rules and expectations were made. There have been many accounts of civilizations and tribes making animalistic noises like howling, roaring, and of course using bird calls as signals. I'm sure there's more, but still, if these sounds were made for battle and war what other sounds could have been made?

How many of us has realized just how much we love swimming, or how good it feels to finally give in and roll around, scratch at a tree, to growl and all that? Then you slowly uncover more and more urges and tics and let them happen as they will and you start to finally feel like yourself and not like some character. It could just be the relief of not putting expectations on ourselves and just doing what we enjoy for the sake of it though.

Then if everyone is just like us than why do we, as humans, have a theriotype in the first place? I'd honestly have to guess that it's DNA based since you can't choose what your theriotype is, or personality. It'd go back to how people used to be so connected to nature if it's DNA. I've noticed that my parents do similar things as me or has offhandedly mentioned things that fit with my theriotypes.

Like,"Don't you ever just want to sleep in a tree?", "I swear I feel like I have pointy ears sometimes.", "I'd love to live in a cave."

It could all mean nothing but I wanted to share. What do y'all think? ^.^
2023-06-14 23:06
Save
Give Thanks
Koda
Pup
Theriotype: Kodiak Brown Bear
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological
Contribution:

RE: Maybe everyone is a therian/otherkin?
This definitely is an interesting theory. I can definitely think that way more people are therian/otherkin than many admit, but I don't think everyone is a therian. Pretty much everyone has some trait that another animal also is associated with, but I think most aren't therians and just display those traits. Though theriotypes being DNA based may sound far-fetched, I agree with it in some situations. While I think it is primarily personality, I do think that children of therians are more likely to show the same "therian characteristics" but of course, this could definitely just be personality. It works with some theories about therianthropy, and it doesn't with others. But of course, i'm not claiming any of this is fact or not. It's just fascinating.

not very active.
2023-06-15 4:54
Save
Give Thanks
Lupus Ferox
Isolated wuff
Theriotype: wolf
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

All people are animals, whether they like to admit it or not, so of course, sometimes they behave like one. Think of their sex drive for one for instance, which resonates with that found in man apes usually. Thus, it goes without saying we're all driven by instinct, more in some, less in others.
That people think they belong above the animal kingdom instead of within is a huge misunderstanding. Don't you think there's a huge overlap between species, take for example their fight/flight response. Some are prone to panic and flee while others can keep their head cool. Does that mean the former group are likely therians? Well no, they're just wired to respond that way, call it instinctual or an animal trait, in most cases it is probable it's just a human trait after all. Look for the most logical solution, rather than think it is of a more therian nature. If we would all reason that way, we might have a better knowledge or understanding of who's who in this community. I'm on the phone right now, so please excuse my clumsy typing...
2023-10-03 15:21
Save
Give Thanks
Daizon
The Curious Dog
Theriotype: Shepherd Dog
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

I agree with @Lupus Ferox, we're still animals with animal instincts and are driven to act like one at times. We're filled to the brim with animalistic traits, fear, anger, sadness and happiness are emotions we experience on a daily basis and are definitely animalistic in nature.
The only difference between humans and other animals is that we have a very advanced prefrontal cortex and executive function, for the rest we're still wild animals and those things don't make everyone therians. After all, if everyone is therian, nobody is therian.

One should live their life to the best of their ability.
2023-10-03 15:36
Save
Give Thanks
DakotaIsWild
Away
Pup
Theriotype: Red Fox and Cockatiel
Connection: Spiritual
Contribution: tick 

I think that if we are talking past life-wise, just about everyone is a therian or otherkin. But people who identify just show pieces of their soul before. Like their souls yearning to go back. Just anyone could have had a past life, but not everyone misses it.
(This post was last modified: 2023-10-06 14:51 by DakotaIsWild.)
2023-10-03 18:06
Save
Give Thanks
CloverCoder987
Pup
Theriotype: Domestic Cat
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 

(2023-06-14 23:06)Bearlin Wrote:  I got a theory that everyone is someone sort of therian or otherkin, or whatever other sort of kins out there. The only difference there is between us and them are that we accept our natural animal tendencies and don't try to stomp them down.

It could have a connection to how much people have pulled away from nature since over time more rules and expectations were made. There have been many accounts of civilizations and tribes making animalistic noises like howling, roaring, and of course using bird calls as signals. I'm sure there's more, but still, if these sounds were made for battle and war what other sounds could have been made?

How many of us has realized just how much we love swimming, or how good it feels to finally give in and roll around, scratch at a tree, to growl and all that? Then you slowly uncover more and more urges and tics and let them happen as they will and you start to finally feel like yourself and not like some character. It could just be the relief of not putting expectations on ourselves and just doing what we enjoy for the sake of it though.

Then if everyone is just like us than why do we, as humans, have a theriotype in the first place? I'd honestly have to guess that it's DNA based since you can't choose what your theriotype is, or personality. It'd go back to how people used to be so connected to nature if it's DNA. I've noticed that my parents do similar things as me or has offhandedly mentioned things that fit with my theriotypes.

Like,"Don't you ever just want to sleep in a tree?", "I swear I feel like I have pointy ears sometimes.", "I'd love to live in a cave."

It could all mean nothing but I wanted to share. What do y'all think? ^.^

I don't think this is true. Just like not every dog thinks it's a human for some reason, not every person has an alterhuman identity. Personally, I don't even think people can be therians without an underlying cause (e.g. past lives, trauma, imprinting etc)
But yk that's just what I think

➣ Clover ✧˖°
2023-10-06 13:45
Save
Give Thanks