READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

How Therianthropy Changes Through Age
The_Beta_Returns
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Wolf, (Dragon?)
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick 

How Therianthropy Changes Through Age
I suppose something like this should be here (if not, I'll move it), however, I think it's important for this to be put out for everyone to know.

Therianthropy is different for each person, and it is not set in a specific way. We all experience it differently, but I think we can all, or mostly, agree that therianthropy essentially punches you in the face once you realize what you are or as soon as the dreaded puberty comes around.

I only point out puberty because your hormones are all out of back and - in my own belief - I think it effects how we experience therianthropy.
(I find that this also probably contributes to the harshness of the shifts of therians who experience them pretty regularly and find out they were therians once they were around this age.)

At the beginning, though, it is hard. Very, very hard, because ypu realize that what you are isnt, well, what you are in reality. You struggle between human and animal for quite a while, but don't worry, it does get better.

Most therians who deal with this for quite a few years tend to "settle un their skin", per say. You do get the shifts, but they're more integrated into our personalities. It doesn't bother us as much as when we were younger.

This might only apply to some of us, not all of us, but that's the gist.
2023-12-27 16:18
Save
Give Thanks
Abysmal.
Shapeshifting fiend
Theriotype: Trollish shapeshifter (see bio)
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team..$team.

RE: How Therianthropy Changes Through Age
I agree with everything you said! I've only been awakened since September, but I've noticed these therian feelings since I was young. I've done a LOT of reflection on how I felt... As a kid, it definitely used to bother me a lot. Bother me on how I couldn't be a animal, bother me on my shifts, ect. As I've grown, I've realized there's just no way of it ending. So I've learnt to accept it recently... And now it's integrated with who I am.

[Image: IMG-1163.png]

Abyss||20||Neurodivergent|He/They||DM friendly

PFP is by TheUnknownGame! Thank you so much :3
2023-12-27 18:21
Save
Give Thanks
Cordyceps Canine
Guarded by Cletus
Theriotype: (Alien?) Pye-dog / Ferret + Cletus
Experience: Therian, (otherkin?)
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick 

RE: How Therianthropy Changes Through Age
I can't relate too much since my journey was a bit odd.

But I get the last part. The feeling that suddenly...I'm just myself. It's not this facinating, chaotic experience anymore. Just me.

[Image: Photo-1676084552894-removebg-preview.png]
I might splinter. But I don't break. ~Dirk Strider
2023-12-28 2:17
Save
Give Thanks