READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Here's a theory...
Dinocanid
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Wolf, Dromaeosaurus, Western Dragon shapeshifter
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick tick 

RE: Here's a theory...

(2015-11-22 3:38)R Swan Wrote:  I, for one, haven't actually heard this kind of theory before. And, y'know, it actually sounds interesting. The concept of souls merging isn't entirely alien to me, but I've never actually heard or thought of it like this. It's also...a bit disturbing to consider (for a misanthrope for me) the possibility of having merged with a human. I like to think that if there's such a thing as spirits, I'm free of human, but I suppose having spent three decades in a human world would probably taint you SOMEHOW... I mean, nature and nurture, right..?

I actually can't offer anything deeper than this at present, but if I think of something, I'll edit it into this post to avoid spamming. I guess I'll trudge off and try to think of ways to consider this an advantage. In my family we always try to keep up our optimism.

(2015-02-25 2:36)Honey Wrote:  I have always felt I wasn't supposed to have ever been born.

Ditto.

(2015-02-27 19:08)KZ Fox Wrote:  [...] if someone called a tomato a vegetable on a plant spirituality forum.

Whoa, hold your horses; you mean a tomato isn't a vegetable?!

A tomato is a fruit Tongue

When I was just a kitten, they said I'd be a gem; but now that I'm a Cheshire cat it's odd how I am..!

[Image: 214y2dx.png]

My Deviantart
My Furaffinity
My tumblr
2015-11-22 4:08
Save
Give Thanks
Neon Rosettes
Away
Way/Wayway/Neon/Rose
Theriotype: Jaguar
Experience: Therian
silvertick 

My Therianthropy isn't spiritual, and when I think about it potentially being spiritual, I can't come up with any reasoning as to why it would be, so no spiritual Therianthropy here.

That said, I do believe in souls, for whatever reason. It just feels right. Not that I believe in tons of woowoo stuff, but I think our souls impact who we are as individuals, and I'd say that any complex living thing has a soul, but that we can't really know what everything's soul is like. Just our own. Hell maybe even cells have souls, but I really don't know. I'm not gonna talk more about all that because it's not important to me, honestly. The topic of souls is only relevant to me when referring to me and other people. That's about it.

My own soul I believe is a human/jaguar soul. I wouldn't say that a jaguar soul fused with a human soul, but that my soul came about when I was born or developing. And for whatever reason it's just both, because I'm both.

Idk, it's weird and not something I talk about much.
2015-11-22 4:38
Save
Give Thanks
Ansher
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: Dragon
Contribution:

I am back to this thread Big Grin Just in case anyone is interested or if it helps anyone or gives anyone food for thought, when I said before about my soul and a dragon's soul 'merging', I have come to truly feel within myself that my soul is completely that of a dragon now :3 Whether the two merged or the dragon assimilated the human, I couldn't tell you, but my soul is purely draconic in nature this last year. As a side note, although I am a dragon, and my soul feels completely dragon, discovering who I truly am has made me feel more comfortable in my human body, it feels as though it is simply my 'human form' (we've all heard the myths and legends of dragons being able to take on human form XD). I still long to be able to take my true form though :<
2015-11-22 5:12
Save
Give Thanks
Syraphin Faelad
Nothing and no one
Theriotype: Demon wolf cat thing
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 
silvertick 

for there to be life there has to be a spark to animate the body, to me this is the soul that depicts our personality. the brain may change and effect the thoughts and actions as will life experiences.
i have a theory that there are only so many animated souls on the planet at once. increased human population and species going extinct mean there are animal souls that inhabit human bodies.
2016-09-01 13:13
Save
Give Thanks
Michen_S
Local quarter-snepper
Theriotype: leopard & snow
Connection: Psychological
silvertick 
.$team.

I believe I already posted this somewhere, but Unpopular Opinion Time!

I believe that we do have a spirit, but here's where I run into a problem with other therian's explanations. I don't think we have a non-human animal's spirit, and there isn't really anything "wrong" with it. As far as I can imagine, a non-human spirit should be incompatible with a human mind and body.

That said, our spirit reflects who we are as a human. Or maybe the other way around, that who we are as a human is reflected by our spirit. Either way, that means that within the human spirit, animal elements are infused. I don't understand how they are infused, nor do I understand why. That would make our spirit simply different. And of course, the animal elements can be quite strong. Maybe even stronger than the human elements are at times, even though the spirit itself is still human. Plus within a human spirit the non-human elements tend to stick out like a sore thumb already, which doesn't help AT ALL.

Of course, this is just a theory I've developed. I could well be wrong, and I'll keep that in mind. I'm not gonna figure everything out this lifetime.

2019-03-28 19:52
Save
Give Thanks
kayla_fernwood
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: silverfox and native american indian dog
Contribution:

(2019-03-28 19:52)Michen_S Wrote:  I believe I already posted this somewhere, but Unpopular Opinion Time!

I believe that we do have a spirit, but here's where I run into a problem with other therian's explanations. I don't think we have a non-human animal's spirit, and there isn't really anything "wrong" with it. As far as I can imagine, a non-human spirit should be incompatible with a human mind and body.

That said, our spirit reflects who we are as a human. Or maybe the other way around, that who we are as a human is reflected by our spirit. Either way, that means that within the human spirit, animal elements are infused. I don't understand how they are infused, nor do I understand why. That would make our spirit simply different. And of course, the animal elements can be quite strong. Maybe even stronger than the human elements are at times, even though the spirit itself is still human. Plus within a human spirit the non-human elements tend to stick out like a sore thumb already, which doesn't help AT ALL.

Of course, this is just a theory I've developed. I could well be wrong, and I'll keep that in mind. I'm not gonna figure everything out this lifetime.

To me this theory makes a lot of sense, although not proven it seems like something that could hold a lot of truth.

there isn't a lot know about the human soul and there could very wel be something that sticks out more to wich people experience animality and the like wich creates a therian? this is of course just some of my brain worms, nothing to take too seriously.

2021-02-04 20:51
Save
Give Thanks
ForesterLeaf
Away
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Draconic
Experience: (therian?), Otherkin
Connection: Spiritual

I believe in the theory of Charles Darwin. We came from one animal. And in evolution we where other animals trough time. I also believe in draconic spirtis (the elements water fire air earth spirit) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqXW5rONTvE

you can have a part of a dragonsoul in your body together with a human soul part. Wich makes my dragonkin if I let my dragonsoulpart grow. Thats why I am here. Smile

[Image: 38ceba5132e168bfa300e6daeb28c6a3b85f395a.pnj]

Waiting for the New Golden Age in 2032 !!!
2021-02-05 8:05
Save
Give Thanks
Border-zach
Copy cat
Theriotype: Coyote
Contribution: tick 

I love this theory! It makes a lot of sense in my mind!
2021-02-10 15:07
Save
Give Thanks
runaway..maka
Campfire Guitar Guy
Theriotype: Canine, Northern Bobcat
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team.

I dont really believe in this but its still a really good theory! I believe that my theriotypes died near the time i was born and our souls somewhat put together i guess? But, this is still possible

not online much so if its urgent, please message my discord cheesus#8573

therian-guide's official campfire guitar guy
2021-02-15 1:13
Save
Give Thanks