READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Here's a theory...
KZ Fox
Eager beaver
Theriotype: Foxy
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Contribution: tick tick 

RE: Here's a theory...

(2015-02-22 23:22)nasumaru Wrote:  Hearts give off magnetic fields which I believe to be essence

How do you relate magnetic fields to the idea of some spiritual essence?
The heart has its own neurons and is connected also to the brain, wouldn't that be a sounder indication in such a hypothesis of one's essence both, anyway?

This reminds me that time people believed the soul had weight based purely on a film called 21 grams and believed then some sort of essence of force like magnetism must be the soul's essence. However, it has nothing to do with it and magnetism does not add weight, it is a force of interaction and adding weight would require the magnetism to induce acceleration to the mass on the object externally (F = m * a in such case) and wouldn't really work anyway.

(2015-02-22 23:22)nasumaru Wrote:  No matter how much you know the truth is no one knows anything we just think we do

If no one knew nothing, survival would be virtually impossible. We thrive on knowing reality and that is why we have information systems such as the sensory system and cognitive processing abilities. Same with computers, which don't mysteriously forget recorded data and programming unless external forces make them. If you fail to recognise reality to enough extent, you may well burden yourself with failure when the error leads to direct consequence. I would certainly trust a professional to build me an aeroplane than some random person I find in a Church, just because they say they have "faith" in being able to do such things.

(2015-02-22 23:22)nasumaru Wrote:  Sop fancy words is what you know
Not what I know
Because in truth we all know nothing

Then you aren't educated in the research of consciousness. You don't stop learning when you're 5, or 6, or 7, or 16, or 20, or 80 for that matter but there's a line between a good guess and a bad guess. Indeed you can't know all of the variables, but you can know enough of them. Most systems work on an abstract law based on their fundamental interaction (function), the only noise of certainty is really entropy. And entropy generally can be seen through just as much as we can determine the general shape of something. But what you appear to believe/know is based on flawed interpretation of theories of a greater guess and by experimentation. Such theories are closer to the reality and theorists constantly get closer to the reality through basing their results on reality as opposed to scientific woo. A scientific theory is not a hypothesis, it is fact-based and works through experimentation and if two theories don't marry up its only because we don't know enough about what connects the two. But math in terms of physics has never lied (it can only mislead, in the case you interpret or substitute it wrong). You can keep learning and ditching your misinterpretations from primary school is a good start. It's like with religion, it's not the case of whether a God exists or not in an argument that judges the reality, the reality is that we can trace the origin of the myth and where the person irrationally "obtained" knowledge of some apparent god. Woo and faith is taught only belief, whereas theory can be understood through tangible reality, physics doesn't just magically come to be once you learn it, it is always there and makes no claims beyond what can be proven. Therefore, you don't need to know physics to be affected by it, we don't need to know or believe it but we are reliant on it and it is a constant truth unlike myths.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Science_woo

(This post was last modified: 2015-02-23 17:27 by KZ Fox.)
2015-02-23 17:26
Save
Give Thanks
Raz
Away
Rewr
Theriotype: Dragon, Therian
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick 

Hello,

Please keep in mind that this thread is spiritual-based, and posted in the 'spiritual therianthropy' section of the forum. While I'm sure people appreciate your input, KZ fox, I do not think this thread was made to discuss the validity of other people's spiritual experiences and/or beliefs.
2015-02-23 18:26
Save
Give Thanks
Dinocanid
Elephant in the room
Theriotype: Wolf, Dromaeosaurus, Western Dragon shapeshifter
Contribution: tick tick tick 

(2015-02-23 10:44)Darkshifter Wrote:  

(2015-02-22 19:26)VoxTherian Wrote:  Yeah I like that theory!
I was born 2 months to early, maybe my soul wasn't ready jet or something.

I was born 24 weeks early... with severe probeblems... aka "the miracle" as mum calls me.. I had a bleed on the brain... so, maybe that had something to do with it?

Yeah, I started to think about this theory because I was born early too (with somewhat transparent skin as my family describes o.o) and I had to stay in the hospital for a while until my family could come get me.

When I was just a kitten, they said I'd be a gem; but now that I'm a Cheshire cat it's odd how I am..!

[Image: 214y2dx.png]

My Deviantart
My Furaffinity
My tumblr
2015-02-23 20:08
Save
Give Thanks
Calico
grey ghost
Theriotype: Cougar
Experience: Therian
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 
silvertick silvertick 

Interesting theory, for sure, though the 'being born early' part doesn't really apply to me seeing as I was born 6 days late. I might do a bit of digging in to this thought.
2015-02-23 20:39
Save
Give Thanks
KZ Fox
Eager beaver

(2015-02-23 18:26)Raz Wrote:  Hello,

Please keep in mind that this thread is spiritual-based, and posted in the 'spiritual therianthropy' section of the forum. While I'm sure people appreciate your input, KZ fox, I do not think this thread was made to discuss the validity of other people's spiritual experiences and/or beliefs.

And spirituality can't be rational since when? I don't challenge the spiritual world, I challenge people's poor reasoning as if it is poor then they don't know enough to make a sound judgement yet. OP provided a theory, theories require rationalisation and can't rely solely on incoherence. Certainly ill-informed scientific basis of a belief makes for a broken belief that has nothing to do with the scientific argument proposed. Certainly your beliefs may have came from old information but will change with new information, you weren't born with beliefs and poor science is the result of poor learning. I'm providing new information to the discussion which is the whole point of such communication and if it cannot be challenged by the other person (whether they return response to me or work it out in their head) then it speaks for their inaccuracy. Yet you don't need to listen to me, but reaching an inaccurate reasoning means you will always have a inaccurately reasoned belief. As a student of science I am well customed with what is sound and tested science and what is scientific woo. If you know more than someone on something, teaching them is generally considered common courtesy, nonetheless.

2015-02-24 20:31
Save
Give Thanks
Honey
Away
Friendly Herbivore
Theriotype: Artiodactyl-Kith
Experience: Human
Contribution: tick tick tick 
silvertick 

I have always felt I wasn't supposed to have ever been born. But I think that's probably my mental issues and insecurities more than anything else.
But perhaps that means more to you more spiritual types. : )

I think premature birth and being therian is just a coincidence.
Maybe I'm just biased because I was born two weeks late myself. Hehe.
I think we had thread about that in the past.

All beings seek for happiness; so let your compassion extend itself to all.
--Mahavamsa

My Deviantart
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-25 2:49 by Honey.)
2015-02-25 2:36
Save
Give Thanks
Nasu
The servant without any master
Theriotype: Arctic Wolf And human
Experience: Therian

Way to much to read...

(2015-02-25 2:36)Honey Wrote:  I have always felt I wasn't supposed to have ever been born.

Im really happy you were born

(This post was last modified: 2015-02-25 8:58 by Nasu.)
2015-02-25 8:55
Save
Give Thanks
Ansher
Fly on the wall
Theriotype: Dragon
Contribution:

(2015-02-24 20:31)KZ Fox Wrote:  

(2015-02-23 18:26)Raz Wrote:  Hello,

And spirituality can't be rational since when? I don't challenge the spiritual world, I challenge people's poor reasoning as if it is poor then they don't know enough to make a sound judgement yet. OP provided a theory, theories require rationalisation and can't rely solely on incoherence. Certainly ill-informed scientific basis of a belief makes for a broken belief that has nothing to do with the scientific argument proposed. Certainly your beliefs may have came from old information but will change with new information, you weren't born with beliefs and poor science is the result of poor learning. I'm providing new information to the discussion which is the whole point of such communication and if it cannot be challenged by the other person (whether they return response to me or work it out in their head) then it speaks for their inaccuracy. Yet you don't need to listen to me, but reaching an inaccurate reasoning means you will always have a inaccurately reasoned belief. As a student of science I am well customed with what is sound and tested science and what is scientific woo. If you know more than someone on something, teaching them is generally considered common courtesy, nonetheless.

Spirituality can be rational. And sometimes it doesn't have to be either. Sometimes you just...know things, and that's that. You are allowed to have your say, KZ Fox, but so are other people, and in a discussion like this, everyone's thoughts are just as valid.

For my own imput on this topic, I think its quite interesting, and one of the reasons I feel it took me so long to work out if I myself am indeed a dragon, is because during my discovery, it felt as if I was more 'playing host' to a dragon's spirit, rather than being one myself, and I have no doubt at all that if I was, our souls have merged into one. I can feel my wings and tail and everything else draconic about myself, but at the same time and quite comfortable in my human skin, moreso than I can ever remember being, even as a little kid.

By the way, Honey, I'm glad you were born too Smile

2015-02-27 12:41
Save
Give Thanks
KZ Fox
Eager beaver

@Ansher:
Yes I am allowed to have my say. I will put facts right that have nothing to do with spirituality as they have nothing to do with spirituality itself but rather knowledge flaws. I'd do the same if someone called a tomato a vegetable on a plant spirituality forum.
2015-02-27 19:08
Save
Give Thanks
R Swan
Bad command or file name
Theriotype: Horse
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution:

I, for one, haven't actually heard this kind of theory before. And, y'know, it actually sounds interesting. The concept of souls merging isn't entirely alien to me, but I've never actually heard or thought of it like this. It's also...a bit disturbing to consider (for a misanthrope for me) the possibility of having merged with a human. I like to think that if there's such a thing as spirits, I'm free of human, but I suppose having spent three decades in a human world would probably taint you SOMEHOW... I mean, nature and nurture, right..?

I actually can't offer anything deeper than this at present, but if I think of something, I'll edit it into this post to avoid spamming. I guess I'll trudge off and try to think of ways to consider this an advantage. In my family we always try to keep up our optimism.

(2015-02-25 2:36)Honey Wrote:  I have always felt I wasn't supposed to have ever been born.

Ditto.

(2015-02-27 19:08)KZ Fox Wrote:  [...] if someone called a tomato a vegetable on a plant spirituality forum.

Whoa, hold your horses; you mean a tomato isn't a vegetable?!

A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.
2015-11-22 3:38
Save
Give Thanks