READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Guide to finding your species identity
Kaitsev
*lowers chin & grins*
Theriotype: Skeptically, fox
Experience: Therian
Contribution: tick tick 

RE: Guide to finding your species identity
Greetings, INFJ.

I'm an INTJ. Smile

I've been gone from here for about 3.5 years and finally came back and realized that a lot about me had changed over the years.

Your reasoning is explained well and is a method I've relied on myself for years.

I hear so many people say that they just know what they are without any research whatsoever and as one that is scientifically minded, I don't think I can do that. I'm constantly confused by their assurance in their type.

When I came to this site, I said I was a wolf. My entries later changed to saying I was a wolf and a leopard. I now hold a completely different opinion (fox) by using pretty much this exact method.

I would say that as I age, things have become more clear (from my current perspective things seem more clear) and I can examine my life from new and wiser perspectives. Whether it continues to change or never does again, the point is discovery and peace with the fact that it's a process. As with any method of discovery or change, there are going to be ups and downs and it's okay, (and beneficial) to question yourself.

It's a concern at times that people will consider someone to be fraud simply because their method of discovery is different from someone else's. While we all understand ourselves in different ways, I think for those that are unsure where to begin, this is the number one method I would also prescribe.

Well done getting the word out that research is beneficial to discovery.

My respects.

~ Kaitsev Fáelán

A chilling call, a flash of teeth, I am canine underneath.

[Image: jh8ug7.gif]
2018-03-10 23:40
Save
Give Thanks
Misha Pantanal
A Feathered Biped
Theriotype: Hyacinth macaw
Connection: Psychological
Contribution: tick tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

@Kaitsev Fáelán

It is not just physicists who have the thrill of discovering that when they thought they were on the edge of knowing the universe, there is so much left we don't understand. This applies to everyday life too. The insights of one generation are passed on to the next; and thus although we may never completely understand the world around us, as a species we are more aware and wise of the incredible universe around us all the time.

Hy

That weird hyacinth macaw lady! cawheart

My blood belongs to the sea, my heart to the sky, and my mind to the cosmos

"I would rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings"
2018-03-12 17:11
Save
Give Thanks
Jodi
Away
Copy cat
Theriotype: Red fox
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual

wel,
since I was very young, I always wanted to be a bird and fly Smile
now, that feeling has never left me, years have passed and I still feel it it in my very soul: I'm a bird.
for a strange reason , I kept pushing it away, but it keeps coming back!
but I really like the shifts! Smile
I'm going to do more research on birds of prey. I always make sounds like screeching and I feel like soaring high, and aim for my next meal! Smile
few questions: can you tell what species you are, by very vivid phantom shifts? shifts that always come back? I have them everyday!

can you "see" what color your theriotype is? can you "sense" it?
can you "sense" somewhat what your theriotype looks like? what you
are supposed to look like as your animal self?
I keep seeing brownish feathers for some reason. large wings, and a curved beak.

thank you for the great guide Smile
I'be back when I find out what I am!

not the changes we take, but the choices we make, determine our denstiny
2018-05-07 17:39
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
silvertick silvertick 

I wonder if some kind of quiz could be made from this...? Like not a definitive quiz but like a way to record and track your path you know?

Like in the beginning theres a question

. vertabrate

.invertabrate

and maybe a quick description

And as you go along maybe theres like a graphics table of animal classes thats all colorful and stuff above the questions thats animated and follows the path according to your questions or whatever XD idk its kinda like those weird puzzle quizzes i did in like school and stuff ?? XD

Im not the cetacean for the job at all so im just placing this idea out there lol

Like it could even be an app maybe in the app there could be a section that records the history of all your questioning species under a "questioning" tab with the picture of each questioning species descriptions of each questioning species there and stuff.

This stardolphin is on a roll.... of waves XD I hope u get wat i mean lol

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-08 1:00 by StarDolphin.)
2018-05-08 0:57
Save
Give Thanks
Ves
Absolutely cuckoo
Theriotype: Dove/Pigeon
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
silvertick 

(2018-05-08 0:57)StarDolphin Wrote:  I wonder if some kind of quiz could be made from this...? Like not a definitive quiz but like a way to record and track your path you know?

Like in the beginning theres a question

. vertabrate

.invertabrate

and maybe a quick description

And as you go along maybe theres like a graphics table of animal classes thats all colorful and stuff above the questions thats animated and follows the path according to your questions or whatever XD idk its kinda like those weird puzzle quizzes i did in like school and stuff ?? XD

Im not the cetacean for the job at all so im just placing this idea out there lol

Like it could even be an app maybe in the app there could be a section that records the history of all your questioning species under a "questioning" tab with the picture of each questioning species descriptions of each questioning species there and stuff.

This stardolphin is on a roll.... of waves XD I hope u get wat i mean lol

This sounds like a cool idea! :0

2018-05-08 3:53
Save
Give Thanks
Vyt
Research Dog
Theriotype: Border Collie Dog

I think a "quiz" variant might be helpful. But some of those traits are not going to be obviously known. For example, imagine someone experiencing hyena shifts (they don't know it's a hyena, they just have shifts to go on). They get all the way to carnivora, then might click "canine" instead of "feline" because of the similarities between their shifts and canine traits, and end up going down the wrong path. Or consider how Snow first mistook an owl theriotype for a cat, or PD once thought their theriotype was a rodent.

The dog trots freely in the street/and sees reality/and the things he sees/are bigger than himself- Lawrence Ferlinghetti
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-08 11:10 by Vyt.)
2018-05-08 11:01
Save
Give Thanks
StarDolphin
Trans-species cetacean
Theriotype: Interstellar Cetacean
Experience: Otherkin
silvertick silvertick 

@Vyt i think there could be a place on the screen of the quiz where there could be a "commonly mistaken as " comes to play. For example someone clicks the section of the table -- cetacea-- and a general description shows. There could be under that, a part that says " other types mistaken as cetacea" which may include the manatee and dugong family -- i cant remember the taxonomy name but dugongs especially have dolphin like tail flukes. feedback can be taken and known experiences can be considered in the app development. Even though that STILL doesnt make this "quiz" completely bugproof (hehe, get it, cause you know the insect family will be there xD) but i guess what im trying to aim at is a sort of like an app, where, perhaps, say you get stuck on an suborder or something you can save your progress , or you can have multiple "quizzes" saved to look up later, and as you go along the "quiz" you can check mark any order or species you come across to "add to questioning tab" or something , so that when you go to that section of this uh, app, i guess, you can neatly see all the species you are questioning.

Maybe similar to one of those bird identifying apps or features @Ves showed me , but with way more organized and saved progress, to help keep track of your journey you know? The quiz wouldnt really end with a congratulations you are: but rather not have an end at all, you could go backwards on the path or start a new quiz without losing the data of the old one, you can "name" these quizzes (which , i imagine look like a board game with the actual known taxonomic map as the game board, and maybe as a little pawn moves along the screen windows pop up with questions to make your "next move")

Lol xD

Darn -- any techy therians up to make this a thing one day ? XD now im seeing it and now i want it to be a thing XD

Also moving this to another thread to request, maybe XD

[Image: 2KhrBMh] HAPPY
(This post was last modified: 2018-05-08 13:01 by StarDolphin.)
2018-05-08 12:51
Save
Give Thanks
helical-G
Away
banned
Theriotype: .
Experience: (therian?), (otherkin?)
Contribution: tick 

I'm sorry for interrupting..

Trying that Guide, I'm also sure that I have noticed a good expected result.
I also feel, undoubtedly, particularly, the experiment to make a comparison between "one's experience, preference, and tendency of actions and reaction( to the internal and external )" and "the living beings' individual behavior" considerably helps me find/guess/realize my type(s).

I appreciate your works.

--

...however, I also think that there's a possibility that a therian/otherkin will get an answer which is totally/slightly different from quondam other answer(s) while trying that Guide over again.

As Vyt says, it may not be improbable that a therian/otherkin makes some mistakes on the occasion of verifying their own species/type(s) because there are some cases where some behaviors/characters are common not only to a certain species but also to some other species..
Some biases and misunderstanding may also continue to disturb us. False memory is also a damned nuisance.

I've also learned surely that shiftings assist that Guide in verifying therians'/otherkins' own species/type(s).
But if a therian/otherkin is a congenital blind being and/or they has experienced to shift to their own true species/type(s) that they has never had any opportunities to know (/see/watch/listen to/touch/communicate with) those, they will be required to be more patient, to be more prudent, and to continue to repeat the same verification over and over again, incidentally, how does they need to be patient/prudent...?
...anyway, I feel that it's still a bit hard for the therians/otherkins who have individual minority species/type(s) to try and verify.

(then, if my this writing overlaps other members', I'm so sorry..)
2018-07-28 11:30
Save
Give Thanks