READ THIS!

Welcome to the Therian Guide forums.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Growth of "Awakenings" of Therians recently because of TikTok / Instagram
grays
Pup
Theriotype: Birds, dragon kintype..Avians.
Experience: Therian, Otherkin
Connection: Psychological, Spiritual
Contribution: tick tick 
.$team..$team..$team.

RE: Growth of "Awakenings" of Therians recently because of TikTok / Instagram
honestly I think the reason there's so many new "therians" is because people have used therianthropy as a way to promote something. I get wanting to be yourself, or wanting to sell your cool masks, but because people on social media are so shallow they can't see past one small association they've made therianthropy seem like something it isn't. And then of course it's literal children hearing about it and thinking "ooh i get to be an animal and its silly".

I personally think that children younger than 12 do not have the emotional capacity to identify as therian. They don't have the complexity, nor the understanding of the world around them to then understand some of the deeper meanings behind the therian identity

He/him
Ain't it fun, living in the real world?

2024-09-02 0:00
Save
Give Thanks
Glory
Fluffy Friend
Theriotype: Unicorn, Tiger, Polymorph
Contribution: tick tick tick 
.$team..$team.

(2024-09-02 0:00)grays Wrote:  I get wanting to be yourself, or wanting to sell your cool masks, but because people on social media are so shallow they can't see past one small association they've made therianthropy seem like something it isn't. And then of course it's literal children hearing about it and thinking "ooh i get to be an animal and its silly".

^^^
This is why I don't get on therian tiktok. Tiktok is great purely for entertainment purposes but it doesn't foster in-depth conversations about things. It's designed to feed content to peoples' brains in short clips at a fast pace to maximize "interaction" (likes) and dopamine hits- this way the company makes more money. The vast majority of people who happen to scroll across therian content in their feed aren't going to engage in in-depth thinking or self-reflection. They're just there for that dopamine hit. So of course they're going to see one person's expression of their therianthropy and not dig deeper into it.
Not everybody deep dives into all the interesting topics they find on the internet. :blep:

Also, tiktok is made to cycle the types of videos you haven't scrolled past back into your feed. So if a kid happens across therian content on their feed, the algorithm is likely to keep showing them more. That could possibly lead to young people becoming more misinformed about what therianthropy is.

"The heart has reasons that reason does not understand."
- Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

[Image: 1000012207.png]
2024-09-02 1:27
Save
Give Thanks
grays
Pup
Theriotype: Birds, dragon kintype..Avians.
.$team..$team..$team.

(2024-09-02 1:27)Glory Wrote:  

(2024-09-02 0:00)grays Wrote:  I get wanting to be yourself, or wanting to sell your cool masks, but because people on social media are so shallow they can't see past one small association they've made therianthropy seem like something it isn't. And then of course it's literal children hearing about it and thinking "ooh i get to be an animal and its silly".

^^^
This is why I don't get on therian tiktok. Tiktok is great purely for entertainment purposes but it doesn't foster in-depth conversations about things. It's designed to feed content to peoples' brains in short clips at a fast pace to maximize "interaction" (likes) and dopamine hits- this way the company makes more money. The vast majority of people who happen to scroll across therian content in their feed aren't going to engage in in-depth thinking or self-reflection. They're just there for that dopamine hit. So of course they're going to see one person's expression of their therianthropy and not dig deeper into it.
Not everybody deep dives into all the interesting topics they find on the internet. :blep:

Also, tiktok is made to cycle the types of videos you haven't scrolled past back into your feed. So if a kid happens across therian content on their feed, the algorithm is likely to keep showing them more. That could possibly lead to young people becoming more misinformed about what therianthropy is.

Exactly. Tiktok is going to be the death of intellectual conversation and in depth thinking, and this hurts niche communities like ours.

He/him
Ain't it fun, living in the real world?

2024-09-05 14:23
Save
Give Thanks
Syr
The Laughing Stripes
Theriotype: Multiple
Contribution:
.$team.

Wow, I didn't expect this post to be so active !

I appreciate reading all of your replies ^_^

I am who I am and I have the need to be.
(This post was last modified: 2024-09-06 12:50 by Syr.)
2024-09-06 12:39
Save
Give Thanks
polykin and therian
Canine like humanoid creature
Theriotype: Cladotherian

I am on there and am apart of it but I do the videos for fun and info. I also make sure to inform every person I see that calls themselves a therian what it really is cause the definition has been so messed on there.
2024-09-06 12:48
Save
Give Thanks